Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Which of the four sisters would you have chosen to kill off?

If you could have removed just one sister, who would you have chosen?

Lady_Lancaster

[1]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 41

Hi Guys,

We all know why Shannen Doherty left the show and so, the producers decided to 'kill off' Prue.

My question is this. If there had NOT been a reason for Shannen to leave the show but we had all FOUR of the sisters in it together, (meaning that Prue didn't die but Paige still turned up and joined the family) if you were the producers and you HAD to get rid of one of the Charmed Ones, which of the four would you permanently remove as a character?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

muggle421

[2]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 13
    I think it would be interesting to kill of either Piper or Phoebe and see how Prue and Paige would mix plus the other sister. But if i had to choose one i would kill off Prue but make it so that Paige was raised with them so that she wasn't always going off and searching for her identity.

Jon_MW_14

[3]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 39
    Prue was never my favourite sister, so I would probably have her killed off anyways. Or maybe kill off Phoebe after season 6 because she became annoying sometimes. I've always liked Piper and Paige throughout the series.

aliengirl34

[4]Dec 25, 2009
    • level: 3
    don't kill me, but Piper because she got way to anrgy during the last few seasons 6-8, and she tried to hard to have a normal life, and when ever magic got in the way she would complain about how hard it was, and it wasn't so bad to me in the earlier season but after S6 to was overkill for her chracter.

JIH1984x

[5]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 9
    Prue led the girls, and her death would lead to a similar dynamic as the show actually changed. What I mean is that Piper would have jumped into the lead role before she was ready, and the show would be like it really was, without Paige's season 6 identity issues.

Piper was the most evolved character on the show because she had the most roles (witch, wife, mom, club-owner, etc.) while she was the most "normal." She was not a super-witch or super-woman by any means, but at least I could relate to her the most because she had the most real-world conflicts. I think her death would leave too many conflicting personalities. Piper, even as the eldest, could keep the peace and remain well-grounded.

Phoebe's death would be hard for the girls, but there would still be a power of 3. She would be missed, but Paige might have what it takes to fill the gap (though when would she die and how would that affect Cole?)

Paige was too "hippie" for me throughout the series. Her personality did not always match, and as Phoebe grew up, even in season 3, the power of 3 became stronger as everyone got along.

Out of everyone, I would miss Paige the least. She was always the most difficult, and the family feel in the manor was not there with her (at least not at the same level). Granted, if she joined the family with Prue alive, it may have been different, but she and Prue probably would have clashed. Then, Phoebe would not be so bad in Prue's eyes. I liked Prue and how she took charge while also being mothering when necessary.

I would kill off Paige.

rebachick94

[6]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 16
    Phoebe.

tvtome_xena321

[7]Jan 3, 2010
    • level: 27
    Phoebe, it would be interesting to see a new younger sister, and Prue would try to make up for Phoebe, feeling its her fault she failed as the oldest.

shimmybinny

[8]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 10
    Paige... in a heartbeat. I don't think she ever meshed well with the sisters.

PiperPrueLover4

[9]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 18
    I voted Phoebe. If Paige was killed off, noone would ever have known about it because there would have been no reason to bring her into the show in the first place...

tvtome_xena321

[10]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 27
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:
    I voted Phoebe. If Paige was killed off, noone would ever have known about it because there would have been no reason to bring her into the show in the first place...

I agree, unless they went down the road of The Source turns Paige evil in Charmed Again, and shes vanquished end of season 4. Thats the only thing I can see them doing, if you kill Paige, otherwise dont introduce her at all.

LeytonTLA

[11]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 16
    I've never liked prue so i had to vote for her ... i do like the episodes with her in she just annoys me so much lol

MatteoIsquierdo

[12]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 1
    Although Prue was my favorite character, in the end, i think she was the best one to kill off in that series. Although, she should have done some ghost appearances in later seasons, i know there was conflict and all but come on.

reeno442

[13]Jan 9, 2010
    I wouldn't of change a thing. Killing Prue was the right move to make, it gave the whole show a breath of fresh air. The only thing I would have changed is the way they killed her off. Shax was an awful looking demon and bad makeup, he wasn't realistic enough for a serious killing of a main character, it should have been the source himself. Also, they should have at least tried to pick up from where it left off a little bit better. Charmed Again Part 1 was somewhat confusing.

sasou82

[14]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 11
    I would have chosen Prue. I didn't really like her character she was too stiff and unfun. Second choice of mine would have been Piper. There was always something about her that I found boring.

PiperPrueLover4

[15]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 18
    sasou82 wrote:
    I would have chosen Prue. I didn't really like her character she was too stiff and unfun. Second choice of mine would have been Piper. There was always something about her that I found boring.

lol well these people fight demons on a daily basis, they can't be fun and loose all the time... I'd rather hang out with a Charmed One who could protect me in demonic outbreak than the one who would be the most fun playing Twister

Tinkerbellv101

[16]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 8
    Prue! I hated how Prue became so selfcentered. She was always like No i have to do this alone! or she was so bossy. so i would kill her off. But all because i am bad talking Prue doesnt mean i didnt like her. I think she was a great big sister and i thought she was cute with Andy.

terriordx32

[17]Feb 14, 2010
    Phoebe and Prue made the show, so i would kill of Piper. Love piper but Paige, Phoebe and Prue would be a good combo in my eyes.

rosslad2006

[18]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 2

I would leave it the way it happened, I really did not like Prue and found that when she died the dynamics of the show changed and really became the power of 3 rather than "super witch" and her two sidekicks. IMO

CharmedOneP391

[19]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 19

Well you've got to think about the powers. Had Phoebe been killed off instead of Prue then Paige would have premonitions and orbing, not her telekinesis. Had Piper been killed off...Paige would get her power to freeze at least...the power to blow stuff up might've worked differently who knows.

I think the way the powers worked out was great..and the way the sister-bond was changed...but of course it was going to be a little different or off because they didn't grow up with eachother..but they were still sisters I think they proved that connection between them with the whole "paige saved us..she brought this family back together" thing.So i'd leave everything alone.

But If I had to change I guess I would've killed off Phoebe..because Piper was the best one imo

waisal14

[20]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 10

I agree with the show's decision to kill off Pure.From my perspective her character wasn't developing in season 3 because she wasn't given a strong storyline. Instead she developed a little bit by coming to terms with her mom's death in "Death Takes A Halliwell." I also noticed they used this episode to foreshadow Pure's upcoming death in the season 3 finale.

Her death was tragic and necessary to the show. There wasn't anything to hint to what her future could be like. There wasn't exactly a guy she had a strong interest in. The only guy she had a strong interest in, Andy, died in season 1. She could have a future in the show if the producers didn't kill off Andy. Andy was her future and they belong to together. Thus, it makes sense for her and Andy to finally be reunited in heaven. If Andy wasn't in her future, her main commitment would be to her wiccan duties. We saw she took pride in her duties in "Sin Francisco" and furthermore her commitment to the cause. Her commitment to save innocents shows how much she cared to sacrifice her life for those she loves.