Charmed

Gone With The Witches

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 07, 2006 on The WB

• Let’s take all that’s been bad with Charmed the last four years and make an episode of it!

4.1
    A complete mess, Gone With The Witches doesn’t just have a disastrous title; the whole episode was plain abysmal. It was like the writers started out with the goal to create the ultimate bad episode. Everything that’s been bad about Charmed since Season 5 is here. Leprechauns, fairytale creatures, repeated storylines, transparent romances, bad demons and awful writing. It’s all there.

There’s nothing that I really liked about the episode. The reasons the demons used to persuade Billie and the fairytale creatures that The Charmed Ones were evil didn’t make any sense and were just not thought through at all. The actors were generally bad, and the Leprechauns were just awful. Billie continued to be totally gullible and annoying, and throughout the whole hour I had trouble even caring. It didn’t help that most of the hour just was a big yawn.

Phoebe and Coop’s story is boring as hell, and about as thin as a piece of paper. Piper and Paige had absolutely nothing to do, and if they found something to care about, they just kept repeating themselves. If this wasn’t enough, the writing was seriously ludicrous as well. The dialogue had no suspense whatsoever and a lot of things made absolutely no sense.

Although one of the worst episodes ever on Charmed, it did feature one good point. It began the finale. It turned the whole magical community as well as Billie and Christy against The Sisters, and the next episode, which will work as a conclusion of the Season’s Main Arc, looks to be really action packed and interesting. I will look forward to next week’s episode, and pretend that the giant mistake of Gone With The Witches never happened.
  • I HATE LEPRECHAUNS

I hate leprechauns

With Billie firmly on the dark side, Christy must now win over the rest of the magical community. Great idea; lousy writing. Since when does the magical community comprise a handful of fairy tale creatures? Who cares if some stupid nymphs and fairies think the Charmed Ones are selfish? Where were the Elders? Why were there no other witches?

The opening scene is very tense, despite the focus on Alyssa's cleavage. I liked the holodeck - reminded me of the courtroom in "Crimes and Witch-Demeanors". Having Dumain turn out to be Billie's imaginary friend was a bit ridiculous though, although I guess it proved once and for all just how gullible she is.

The episode then settles into a long, drawn out story involving Christy, Dumain, some leprechauns and a hologram of the Triad. There is some worthwhile demon action, although sadly the cute, moody one gets vanquished.

Highlight of the week by far is the massacre of the fairy tale creatures. Revenge at last for all the episodes they've ruined over the past four years. Hands up all those who cheered when that stupid leprechaun got blown up. Yes, I thought so! Shame they didn't get the little preachy one too.

Unsurprisingly, Phoebe decides she is in love with Coop, despite having never dated him. While we could all see this a mile off, it doesn't stop it feeling way too rushed. For all the action, I can't help feeling a little disappointed that this is the best they can offer ahead of the big finale.

Score: 8.4
  • Holy Suckfest, Batman!

2.9
    When the highlights of an episode involve some Ogre-inflicted Phoebe-damage and a vacuum cleaner, you know Charmed is in trouble. Gone with the Witches was an episode with hardly any redeeming features, being one big gaping hole of suck.

The episode sees Christy attempting to turn the magical community against the sisters whilst her childhood imaginary friend, Dumain, sets events in motion in hope of becoming the fourth member of the Triad. This makes no sense but, y’know, just go with it. Meanwhile, Phoebe's a whore and Piper's a housewife.

I get that Brad Kern wants to have a long build-up to the finale, but this build-up is just tedious. Every week has Christy trying to get Billie to fully trust her and it's just getting boring now. The introduction of Dumain was unnecessary and it just continues to prove how stupid Billie is, as she doesn't find any part of this situation suspicious. This entire storyline has reduced every single character on Charmed to being completely moronic. Even Billie (who wasn't exactly the brightest light bulb in the light bulb pack) has become so insanely stupid, it's now just completely pathetic.

The use of the magical creatures was lame, and the sudden change of heart they had was unbelievable. The sisters have helped them on numerous occasions but they change their opinion on them that quickly, it just doesn't make sense. I did enjoy watching their massacre but even that didn't completely save this episode, in my opinion.

In other news, Billie's "Big Book of Past Episodes" helps the writers fill up some screentime, with each sister randomly possessed by old storylines. Piper's was easily the best, as Holly Marie Combs seems to just rock in any situation, no matter how lame it is. Phoebe's was a mess though. Unsurprisingly, her possession turns her into whore-mode. Something which seems to do nothing but send me into a coma.

That truly insane comment I made in my review of The Jung and the Restless should be wiped out of my memory. Charmed is ending in two weeks and they decide to fill up episode 20 with such god-awful contrivances, bad dialogue, nonsensical plot twists and re-used storylines.

I'm hoping this episode is just a mistake, and next week's episode (which looks amazing judging by the trailer) is a major improvement. Charmed deserves to end on a high and Gone with the Witches was just pure laziness on the writer's part.

Director: Jonathan West
    Writer: Jeannine Renshaw
    Rating: D
  • The magic world turns against the witches and Pheobe is dealing with her feelings for Coop.

I LOVE this episode. This is why I watch this show!! Not sure what is the deal with Billie. She is still quite annoying. For about 3 episodes, I had gotten over that, but now they bring her back with this \"I\'m not sure we are doing the right thing\" attitude. What does it take to convince her that they ARE in fact good?? I mean, aside from teaching her their magic and training her and being a family while her family was away. What else could they do to convince her that they have absolutely nothing to do with evil until Billie and Chrissy get involve. Billie knows them and she is still trying to figure it out???
    Anyways, love that Pheobe hooks up with Coop!!! He is just as got as Julian (Cole) and just as sexy!!! She deserves a good guy who worships her and all her quirks. Now, all Paige has to do is really try to get over the fact that she is married and that she made the choice to BE married and all will be well.
  • I felt that this episode is a very special one, seeing as there are only two more left. I thought that it could have been a little more packed, because it is all so close to the end. Still, I love the show. Previews for the next look tear jerking.

To sum it all up, Billie has finally completely sided with Christy. Phoebe admits to her sisters and Coop, that she is in love with him. In this episode, the sisters were put under spells of past expierences that they wished not to have lived again, causeing the good magical creatures to turn on them. At the end of the episode, Christy and Billie came to kill the Charmed ones. Fortunately they escaped and were able to get the book of shadows as well, but what they didn't expect was to end up in the underworld. With Piper saying, "We're the bad guys now." For those that saw previews for the next episode, know it will be and episode to remember, both the final episodes with be episodes to remember. Farewell Charmed ones. Thank you all for filling our lives with a great magic.
  • Billie uses her knowledge from the charmed ones past to put spells on them which leaves, Piper the housewife from hell, Phoebe the pursuer of Coop and causes Paige to stop hearing the call of her charges.

Billie and Christy move forward with their plan to destroy the Charmed Ones by taking away their alliances with the entire Magical community. Billie uses spells to make the witches seem completely self-absorbed, but Christy uses he demonic connections to amp up each of Billie's spells to alarming levels making Piper the housewife from hell, Phoebe the pursuer of Coop and causes Paige to stop hearing the call of her charges.
  • More like Bille gone with the evil witch!

Great episode! Christy is like lying to her sister! The Charmed Ones didn't do that! Christy said that dude was good but he is evil because he lied to Christy who lied to Billie. He wanted Bille and Christy to destroy the Charmed Ones and then destroy them so evil can take over and the triad can come back again! WOW! This show is great! I didn't this season would be so great but it is! The Ulitmate Power and the triad and the whole Billie Christy thing.
  • Hmm, I actually didn't think this episode was all that fantastic. It was definitely good, brilliant on paper, but it just came off as kinda bland to me for a few reasons.

6.9
    One of my main gripes was the magical community. I like the shows mythology but the leprechaun/fairy/nymph aspect of it is never done well. Their costuming and overall execution has always seemed cheesy to me. So having more magical creatures than ever was not a pleasant walk down memry lane imo. Perhaps if they used the original nymphs, the ice cream man, a sand man, Mellissa george and fellow valkyries, Thistle, along with the already familiar lephrechauns I would've been more interested by their turning on the Charmed Ones. But as it was, a whole bunch of never-before-seen crazies just didn't give much dramatic impact.

I didn't mind all the callbacks to past episodes. Much like last week I was pleased to see that Paiges dream/obsession was enlightenment, Phoebe's sin of lust was done well and oh so fitting but Pipers housewife thing was a tad, umm, wrong. At that point I thought the episode should be called "Gone With Consistency". In Lost and Bound Phoebe did not immediately change costume, the housewife effects weren't instant and she flashed black and white, all of those things were just scrapped for the sake of the plot. Plus I just didn't think Holly's attitude was perky enough - even if she did look cute as a button.

There were some things that I loved though. Much to my suprise I really liked Phoebe and Coop this episode. I still think she and Drake were perfect but the attic scene was so well played by both that I totally bought them as a wannabe couple. So yay, I was very happy with them and with Piper intruding on their kiss, hehe.

Usually the demon scenes kinda bore me but I like the Triad very much and Dumain. His presence answered a few questions, most importantly about Christies diary and the Triad symbol that led Billie to her sister in the first place. The whole arc I think is well thought out, my only question is if the Triads intention was to have Billie rescue her corrupted sister and then be turned herself then why did why did they order the Scathers to bring her back in "The Last Temptation of Christy"? Anywho, back to this episode, it appears that their plan is to have the Jenkins' and Halliwells take one another out so that no powerful witches, morally ambiguous or otherwise can stand in their way. If it weren't for spoilers I would not have seen that coming!

The episodes ending was absolutely awesome! Alone in the underworld with spooky sounds closing in! At least they have the BoS I suppose.

Odds and ends:
    - I really was pleased see see Paige using her orbing tk like Prue used her regular tk.
    - Having the demons vanquish each other was so neat!
    - What was with Coop totally ignoring a Nymph in need?! Granted, if I was a Cupid and never allowed to love I would choose Phoebe Halliwell over a dirty Nymph too but still. It seemed wrong that he was so careless. I mean Phoebe was the one under the lusty sin, not him.
    - All the girls looked incredible, especially Alyssa.

So, I'd give it only 7 max, the last two episode were much better and I still have high hopes for the next two. Very high hopes. Moreso after seeing the trailer, I mean....WOW! These trailers lately have been beyond anything we've gotten in years!
  • Are they done recycling storylines this season?

5.6
    Are they done recycling storylines this season? I am so tired of not seeing anything new! And here is my one question: Where did they get a diary for Billie of all the things that had happened to the Charmed Ones before they ever met her? And how did she know about all those things, but NOT about how Wyatt was almost turned evil, but they stopped it. Gee, seems a little more important than Gram\'s cursed ring. This whole season just seems to be recycling storylines from the last seven years. I want to watch something new!! Also, I would have thought that Billie was smarter than to suddenly believe that her sister (being raised by demons the last 15 years) is suddenly know all be all and knows everything about the charmed ones. As for the sisters being selfish and wanted a life, has anyone mentioned to Bille that they fulfilled their destiny four years ago, and just kept doing it because they liked to? I still don\'t understand how trying to get your husband back, find a family, enjoy your husband and your life could make Billie think that they are evil? Huh? Is Billie still going to college? She must be if she still has a dorm room. How selfish of her....
  • Random wannabe Triad member puts the sisters under a spell, causing all the leprechauns, fairies, nymphs, etc. to hate them and side with Billie and Christy, then Billie finally crosses the line. Still feels rushed, and there wasn't much suspense.

4.9
    Since there are only 2 more episodes left, the plot obviously moved along quite a bit - but I think it actually moved along too much. That rushed feeling is still there, and I really think it could have been avoided considering that Kern mentioned many months ago that he was going to write the finale as a series finale. Also, the Phoebe love side-plot seriously should have stopped by now. It does NOT fit in with series finale typed episodes. At all. As a plus, at least the storyline didn't take as much time up as it has the past few episodes.

The main plot of the night, getting all the other good forces to hate the Charmed ones, really shouldn't have been fit into one episode. These magical beings must be really stupid or something, because I don't see how 8 years of helping them out can be countered by one instance when the sisters were UNDER A SPELL. I mean, they said they were under a spell so couldn't help out the magical being things. I understand the magical beings being really mad since like half of them died...but to think the Charmed Ones are evil and believe some witches they don't even know?? I don't buy it. And the spells the sisters were put under were pretty lame too. We don't need to see Phoebe make out with another guy, and the Piper housewife/missing Leo/cleaning crazily thing is really overdone. At least Paige's finding herself thing is a bit less over-done...but still, it was sort of annoying. I really didn't feel much of the suspense factor, I think I just felt more disappointed at how quickly the whole magical world can turn against the Charmed ones. Yes it was a surpise to see them orb to the underworld, but it was more of a "WTF? Random!" thing than an "OMG, whoa! *gasp*" thing.

So, it took less than a month to make Billie want to kill the Charmed Ones, but it took like, 15 years to get Christy to want them dead. And on top of that, Christy only knew them for like a month, but Billie knew them for close to a year. I don't see how that logic works...

Let's hope next week's episode is better. At least the preview didn't have any lame comedic attempts.
  • Gone With The Witches

Gone With The Witches was a perfectly entertaining episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of action, drama and intrigue. It was interesting to watch Christy and Billie interact with each other and the Charmed Ones. I liked the story and how Billie and Christy were working for demons while the Charmed Ones were fighting for their lives. It was sad to see Billie go along with her sister even though she was obviously not right in so many ways. I liked how every thing played out and look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • it was awesome.

i loved it.it was great. i think people should watch this show. it a drama kind of show. ever time it comes to agood part it ends. y could they just put it as a movie. so we can buy it. plus,we can save money.it would be easier.for some people.
  • FastPaced, ActionPacked, Fun

This was another really fast paced and action packed episode from the writers. They really are just getting better and better lately. When the show was over, I really was left sitting there thinking, 'hmmm ... it's over already? That can't be right, can it?'

But it was true ... the episode was so quick, it was over lickity split, and my attention was riveted the entire time!!! I am so glad that we found that there has been a decade long conspiracy against the sisters, and that we found that the Triad has literally been behind it all.

I was a bit disappointed on how quickly the Magical World turned against the sisters. You'd think after all that time, they'd learn to lighten up a bit ... the sisters can't be everywhere at once. (just a pet peeve there more than the writers or actors of course)

All in all another terrific eppy, and the trailer for next week has me biting my nails in anticipation!!

Really bloody fabulous!!!
  • K's views on eppy Gone With The Witches.

I cannot believe we're not far from the finale! I'm gonna miss this show! This week was interesting as I dunno how Billie could be so evil to the Charmed Ones, they took her in and taught her how to be a witch! I have been told that the next two episodes (the last two) are gonna go out with a bang! We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
  • Billie is finally convinced the sisters are evil. The Charmed Ones are on the run but they are not going out without a fight.

The storm has finally settled on San Francisco. This storyline has progressed in such a unique ways its amazing. Billie is finally on her sisters side and The Charmed ones are fully under attack.

Piper: She is still strong on the kill billie and christy train. I dont blame her but this episode finally gave her credibility to be so gung-ho. She is trying to be so strong for the family and she just wants her husband back. Using grams ring on her was a bit of a stretch but it was cute to see her in that role. Although i love piper her plot has been the same since 8.18 and she needs to be concerned about something else for like a sec.

Phoebe: FInally she and Coop got some action in the real world. I was so happy for her. This is probably the only guy i was excited to her get it on with.Even with cole i was a little iffy but Coop is great. I love her plot, its a sad one but i think the elders sent him to her because they know the Co's are the biggest rule breakers. THey do make a cute couple. She also is truly on the kill billie train.

PAige: Wasnt really liking her this episode. Although Roses acting was good like last week. Her plot in the episode was dry and kinda boring. She didnt really do anything.

Billie and CHristy: I was getting irritated with Billies changing opinions. One minute she agrees with christy then the next she doesnt. Atleast she finally chose in this episode. Christy was trying way too hard but i guess she knows its a deadline type of thing.

The Triad: THey are some smart demons. They planned this whole thing out years ago and it is just fantastic to watch it unfold in each episode. I was amazed to hear that they want to kill all five of them ( kinda suspecting that but it was still a shock).

What i liked:
    THat tornado thing that the lepracauns created in magic school. That was a great effect. It lasted long too and the wind kept pushing them out, really good scene.
    THe magical community massacre scene. That was just fantastic. Must of cost a lot of money and it looked great. I felt bad to watch a lot of them die.
    The dark room was creepy which was good.
    The ending was just great. That blow to the head should of knocked phoebe out but i was totally surprised he hit her. THen that fireball coming so close to the girls and then hitting the window. Intense!!!!!

Didnt like:
    I understand paige snapping out of the curse/hex, but i totally dont get phoebes and pipers. Lust could only get rid of by doing a self less act and phoebe didnt do anything. The curse shouldnt of left her. same thing goes for piper. the ring spell only ended when paige orbed it off of phoebe the last time.
  • BRILL

7.9
    this ep was ok, not great but i loved the humour betweent he leprachauns, specially when the silly one (do not no his name) was gonna take a pic of the evil lol that was hilarious.
    i am really happy that phoebe and coop aretogether and i cant believe billie is so gullible, same with the magical creatires, why would the charmed ones turn against them ?? thats so dumb
    i can not wait until the final battle next wekk, and i really hope leo will be back soon, hope e dnt die
    great use of humour in this episode, the ep was amazing, roll on next week!
  • A little too light to what we\'ve grown used to over the previous episodes.

In an attempt to destroy the reputation of the Charmed Ones, Billie & Christy resort to trying to make the magical community see that the Halliwells only care about themselves. Meanwhile, Phoebe begins to lust after Coop; Paige cannot hear her charges\' call for help; Piper becomes the perfect 1950s housewife.

This episode was a little too light for my liking, a little flash-back to the season 5 days when fairy tale creatures were the norm. I don\'t know really what to think of a writing team that spends three weeks building up tension and then on the final 3 episodes decides to add a light a fluffy one.

I hope that the final two episodes are better.
  • What A Piece Of Poo

Christy and the Triad use a notebook Billie has compiled of the sisters' weaknesses to get an idea of just how to go about making the Charmed Ones look self-involved and unsympathetic to the needs of the magical community as a whole. Paige is cursed with a burning desire for enlightenment; Phoebe's lust is triggered and she sexually attacks Coop; and Piper is put under the spell of Grams' mysteriously re-discovered cursed wedding ring. A timely attack by demons forces the bitter leprechauns and other assorted supernatural entities to seek out the sisters for help, and, as the Triad planned, they find them to absorbed in their own lives to be bothered to help them. The Triad's plan is a success, and Billie and Christy ambush the sisters' in their home and banish them to the underworld while demons roam around above ground.

This episode was quite disappointing. The spells and/or curses used to distract the Charmed Ones were recycled ideas: the cursed ring that turned Phoebe into a Samantha Stevens look-a-like a few years ago, this time used on Piper; Phoebe reprised her lustiness from the seven deadly sins episode; and Paige's search for enlightenment from, what, the previous episode? returns. Could they not have thought of something else? And, while still on the subject, how did Billie know all of these things about the sisters, yet she did not know that Wyatt was evil in an alternate future?

All in all, the only thing that saved this episode was Coop- he's funny, and, maybe, just maybe, he'll be the father of the baby Phoebe has been wanting for the past three seasons.
  • WOW!!! A great charmed episode that brought back some old memories and promised more excitement to come!!!

What a great episode! from start to finish I was hooked. I loved that they brought back all the magical creatures into it including the leprechaun from season 5 (Even though he dien in Oh my Goddess but lets just leave that!!!!). Even thought Henry wasn't in it, it was great to see paige finally call him her husband and mention how difficult married life is!!! And for those of you who want to hate Billie for going against the charme dones you can't mistake that she is being manipulated into beleiving they are bad. NOT HER FAULT!!!! And once again great special effects esecially when Billie and Christy use they're cool powers to try and stop the charmed ones!!!! Bring on Kill Billie!!!!
  • How could they do that to the sisters!?! Preety much Billie and Chirsty turned everyone against the sisters!

I was very moved by this episode. I was shoked to see how low Chirsty would go to get Billie on her side.I am acully really well mad! She twisted everything the girls have done for everyone! I am very curouis on what is going to happen at the end of Charmed. I do not understand how Billie can not relize her sister is a fake. I mean how could Chirsty know all about the sisters and what they have done when she has been in a cave. I am just so furous at this moment with this. But I know that it will all come togather at the end. Well I hope! I really hope he elders let Pheobe be with Coop! Can't wait tell next week! 2 to go sadly....
  • Wow!! Thats what I can say about this SPECIAL episode!

This episode had many things I loved! The whole storyline is just getting soo juicy that I cannot wait for next weeks episode!

The whole thing about turning the whole magical community against the Charmed ones was soo sneaky and now i hate christy because of it...

Although i did love the whole Pheobe-Coop thing because finally they got-together and i love him for pheoebe! They are both soo cute together...

Next episode has to be the charmed ones vs. the ultimate power...It looks like its going to be a very sad ending but a beautiful beginning at the same time...

Blessed Be
  • Does Alyssa Milano (Phoebe) Die?

In the thing that show what happens next episode it show that she died. Is it true? Does anybody know?

Otherwise the Episode was really good. i thought that the creatures or all magical beings were going to kill the charmed ones. Billie and Cristy can die because they are stupid and the charmed one are taking all the crap because of them two witches. Then again Billie is being brainwashed by Cristy but still she is doubting the ppl that took care of her and helped her learn magic but i guess billie would trust her sister that lived with demons most of her life. But i cant wait for leo to come back. i cant wait for the last two episodes.
  • Christy tries to convince Billie that the charmed ones are bad and that they have to defeat them.

This is the best episode of this season. I just loved it. Only one thing I don't get, why the magical community turns there back so fast to the charmed ones. They helped them for seven years and now they hate them in just one day!

But now I will tell why I love this episode. In this episode is the change of the season. Now are all the charmed ones sure that they have to defeat Christy and Billie or the evil behind them.
    Also the biggest change of the whole show is in this episode. They start as the "good guys" and the protectors of the magical community and they end in the underworld.
    The magical community attacks the charmed ones and then comes Christy and Billie who tried to defeat the charmed. So they have to leave there home and take the "Book" and come in the underworld.

I really liked this big change. I'm looking forward to the next episode! I just can't wait for it!
  • Great episode, Pheobe & Coop are together! Magical beings go against the charmed ones, The sisters are cursed which makes Phoebe horny (again!), Paige a free-spirit (I think, didn\'t really understand her curse), and Piper a 1950\'s housewife (LOL!)

Great episode, Pheobe & Coop are together! Magical beings go against the charmed ones, The sisters are cursed which makes Phoebe horny (again!), Paige a free-spirit (I think, didn\'t really understand her curse), and Piper a 1950\'s housewife (LOL!) Countdown to the big finally which I am excited about, I will miss Charmed & probably cry in 2 weeks! As Charmed is my fave show & it always will be! This episode was great, Christy (even though she\'s hot) annoys me so much! And even though Christy\'s hypnotised her, Billie still has faith in the charmed ones. I didn\'t like the magical beings going against the girls though!
  • The Ultimate Plan is finally revealed!!

Wow, this episode was great!
    I gotta say FANASTIC JOB to Brad Kern and Jeannine Renshaw.
    The Ultimate Plan is perfect, i was trying to figure it out for months and now it's finally revealed:

The Triad lets the Charmed Ones fight Billie & Christy, the whole magical community will be involved wich leads to the destruction of all good magic because of the immense power that the Charmed Ones and the Ultimate Power possess. Then nothing but EVIL will rule the world.

I am still wondering if the Triad is the only evil behind the plan, or if there is someone bigger...

I LOVE Marnette Patterson in the role of Christy, she is great!
    The Phoebe and Coop storyline is finally getting somewhere and the last 2 episodes are gonna be great, I just know it
  • This episode was revealing but could have been better.

This episode was more revealing to the sisters in the fact that instead of wasting so much time focusing on private matters, they have yet again found themselves playing catch up again.

The sisters, more so, Piper and Phoebe, because of experience, should have known that Christy was a Trojan Horse waiting to pounce. They should have known that the ultimate power was Billie to start with. For starters it was really way too easy to finally find Christy after all of these years, especially when Billie remembered all of a sudden of a sister missing. And another telltale clue is that Christy shoots fire. Duh...Can we say demon here?

The sisters should have just faced it after dealing with the Zankou crap that "normalcy" isn't just them. They are magical and that means dealing with the magical community. If they had treated the magical community on a more personal level instead of using them only when they need something, things would have been a little better, they would have probably not have bailed on them like they did.

Overall, the writing could have been better. I just hope the next episode and the finale are much better.

Oh, how I will miss my girls...May they be Charmed Forever!!!
  • Leprechauns again?

This was an exciting and well-written episode overall, but the reuse of old themes is getting boring. While drawing on a show’s history can add richness to a long-running series, they’ve done it so often in the past two seasons that it simply feels unoriginal. This is a fantasy show—the possibilities are endless. So why the reliance on old plots? And why leprechauns? The viewers are as bored with them as Paige is. Now dwarfs—they’re much more interesting. Less whiny, more sarcastic and funny.

And what is with Coop? He’s willing to take his relationship with Phoebe to the next level even though she’s obviously under a spell? If Phoebe’s going to end up with this guy, I’d like him to behave more honorably than that.
  • Well this was just not a good story line

7.7
    I understand where the writers are going with this in some way, but this does not seem to make sense of the whole 8 years of charmed, they always get put under spells at odd moments, how did the writers think that turning the magical community against the charmed ones like that in one episode, and that giant guy hitting phoebe was a bit dramatic, if they are the magical community they should know what the hell is going on in there!

On a light note and less of a rant, it was an ok episode, to be honest nothing to write home about, not the best charmed we have had this season but I guess they are preparing us for the "BIG FINISH" not long to go now, I won't be happy if they don't go with a bang with this like they did with Season 7 by far one of the best finishes they had.

• Loved the parts that brought in the past. I really miss Leo though!

I can't believe there are only 2 more episodes left. I don't want this show to end! I love it and I'm not gonna get to see much of Leo once he returns. Anyway, about tonight's episode it was pretty good. The parts that brought up things from the past were great. It was good that they mentioned things from past seasons since the show is ending. Paige being hit with the spell from the Witch Doctor (from episode "House Call" season 5), Piper under the curse of Gram's ring (episode "Lost and Bound" season 4. It was Phoebe that originally was under the spell when Cole gave her the ring.) And of course Phoebe under the sin of lust ("Sin Francisco" season 3. One of my favorite episodes!) I am so glad that Phoebe finally realized she loved Coop. They make a great couple, even if it is against the rules. Just look and Piper and Leo, they did alot that was against the rules like um...get married! I wish Paige would spend some time with Henry. After all he is her husband now and you never see them together. I don't think thier relationship is getting recognized enough since they've been married. Then there is Piper's part in this episode. I missed seeing her. She didn't do much in the episode. I guess they are saving the spotlight for when Leo returns. I can't wait! I’m so tired of Billie and Christy! Kill them already. They got all the creatures (who I always love seeing) doggin on the Charmed Ones. They have just turned into little evil girls. Well, they'll be gone soon enough. I'm just glad Piper realizes who they really are if she can just convince Phoebe and Paige.

• At last! We're getting down to the nitty-gritty.

5.6
    I don't know about anybody else. But, I was getting as sick-and-tired as Phoebe and Billie over the incessant harangues, by Piper and Kristie, concerning how they might have no choice but to vanquish the Witches-Gone-Bad. With each applying that label to the other!

Maybe it was a ploy, by the writers, to induce angst and increase character-empathy among us viewers. If so, I reached my peak, two episodes back.

And, according to last night's previews, they'll be getting to part 1 of the Big Showdown, next Sunday. I am most anxious to watch it, if only because it means Piper and Kristie will finally shut up!!!
< 1 2