Charmed

Gone With The Witches

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 07, 2006 on The WB

• I HATE LEPRECHAUNS

I hate leprechauns

With Billie firmly on the dark side, Christy must now win over the rest of the magical community. Great idea; lousy writing. Since when does the magical community comprise a handful of fairy tale creatures? Who cares if some stupid nymphs and fairies think the Charmed Ones are selfish? Where were the Elders? Why were there no other witches?

The opening scene is very tense, despite the focus on Alyssa's cleavage. I liked the holodeck - reminded me of the courtroom in "Crimes and Witch-Demeanors". Having Dumain turn out to be Billie's imaginary friend was a bit ridiculous though, although I guess it proved once and for all just how gullible she is.

The episode then settles into a long, drawn out story involving Christy, Dumain, some leprechauns and a hologram of the Triad. There is some worthwhile demon action, although sadly the cute, moody one gets vanquished.

Highlight of the week by far is the massacre of the fairy tale creatures. Revenge at last for all the episodes they've ruined over the past four years. Hands up all those who cheered when that stupid leprechaun got blown up. Yes, I thought so! Shame they didn't get the little preachy one too.

Unsurprisingly, Phoebe decides she is in love with Coop, despite having never dated him. While we could all see this a mile off, it doesn't stop it feeling way too rushed. For all the action, I can't help feeling a little disappointed that this is the best they can offer ahead of the big finale.

Score: 8.4