Charmed

House Call

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 02, 2003 on The WB

7.9
  • The sisters get hexed. Once again, thank the gods for Leo.

Okay, so you just had an epic episode with Cole finally getting the great fiery shove off from the Charmed universe. Obviously, you know the next episode is going to be a bit more run of the mill. I still like this episode and found good entertainment in it. After the darkness of the last episode, this is a lighthearted, more comical version of Charmed, and it works for me for the most part. The intro with the pesky ghosts and Piper's neurotic obsession with order is well-written and great acting from Holly and Brian, as always. I am a big fan of Paige's dress up scene. She is so adorable it is practically magical. Season 5 was probably her best look though I do like the dark hair of later seasons.

The actor who plays the witch doctor is great, and the whole witch doctor story line was something original for the series. Here for once the bad guys aren't even evil. They just are misguided, sort of like the Avatars of Season 7. Paige gets the best subplot, though her first scenes with Jessica are painful to watch. Just one episode after Piper got the duty, here Paige gets to be the vengeful witch. As awkward as the first couple scenes were, I loved the scene when Paige orbs Jessica into the Pit of Doom and then tells her she pissed off a witch. Good stuff. Fortunately for the sisters, Leo was around to shake them out of it. Maybe the witch doctor should have factored him into hex. Yes, Piper and Phoebe's subplots after the hex are mostly annoying, but Brian and Rose carry this episode for me. I had no problem saying adios to Glen, but then again, no beau of Paige's ever worked for me besides Richard and Henry. And by the way, Jessica was hot.