Charmed

Hyde School Reunion

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 14, 2004 on The WB

• Yuck, yuck, and more yuck

In a list of terrible episodes of this series, I would classify this one as right up there with the worst of them.
    However, it does get life when Chris and his grandfather talk at a restaurant.
    If it was not for the restaurant scene, this would totally be not worthy to wipe my butt.
  • Lousy episode, out of point!

I dislike watching Phoebe at her high school reunion! But I really loves to watch Chris! It is really cool of Piper's dad came to help and talk to his future grandson! It helped lot, for your information! Chris finally told his grandpa a very short truth about future. Grandpa finally understood why! Grandpa feels really happy and he is very glad that he is awesome grandpa! We found out that after that special event, Chris and his grandpa became very close, they just talked! I love this role between both of them! Great episode on Chris!! I love it!
  • Freebe The Teenage Witch

Hyde School Reunion-Phoebe accidentally casts a spell on herself that allows her wild teenage personality to take over, and teen Phoebe is eager to use her magic to her advantage. Meanwhile, Piper asks her father to find out why Chris is avoiding her.

Once again, the writers take a pretty awesome plot and write it into the ground! Piper's high school reunion was awesome, I mean she got possessed with Prue having to sacrifice her to save her. Pretty intense stuff. Phoebe's high school reunion? Well, it actually started out pretty interesting. The writers actually remember that Phoebe was littlejuvenile delinquent back in the day. They even remembered her infamous nickname: Freebe! We even got to meet her old high school gang. Sure they're mostly one note characters, but at least they helped us to better understand how out of control Phoebe was in her teenage years. It actually made me miss the old Phoebe from the early years when she was the free-spirited, trouble making little sister. Phoebe of the later years is either a work a holic, obsessed with getting laid, having a baby and is pretty the complete opposite of who she use to be. The silly costumes and the constant possessions don't help. Phoebe becomg a teenage is just another sitcom, over thop silliness that is just made Charmed unbearable to watch during the second half of the series. Once Rick becomes the villain of the week, it doesn't help. Phoebe's line "I fight demons every week, I'm not afraid of you" is exactly why this plot is so boring. Rick is about as threating as a stor robber.....he's in fact a store robber and the fact that the second half of the episode is spent on how to stop him is ridiculous. Not to mention, the way the episode is resolved is like a big middle finger to the show's mythology and the fans's intelligence! You're telling me Paige and Phoebe let a human get killed by demons to get rid of him and there are NO consequences for that! Excuse me: f#$% you writers! What happened to "protect the innocent, not punish the guilty"!!? The scene was the worst of the series, showing how stupid and selfish the sisters have become. How sad how bad the series have become when it completely sh!ts on lessons that we previously established! I guess "Morality Bites" never happened! *HEADDESK, FALLS INTO A COMA!!*

The only good thing in the episode was surprisingly Chris and his bonding with Chris. There were some great, genuine scenes between them. Drew Fuller even manages to give a decent performance for once! I believed finally that Chris was Piper's son for the first time, which I never thought I would. But that wasn't enough to save this bore-fest/insulting pile of crap. Also, "Hyde School Reunion"? I heard better puns made on Seseame Street!

• Nothing much happened, disappointing

7.3
    Pheobe's teenage years come back to haunt her when she casts a spell on herself, by accident. Her hair isn't the only scary thing as she frees a prisoner at the local prison.

The main plot line was not very interesting as it was predictable, but it was good to see Pheobe's rebelious years.

We find out that Piper dies in the future when Chris is young, but will the future have changed enough to save her?
  • Boring they did this one already but ... it was better than "Coyote Piper"

While preparing for her high school reunion, Phoebe's wild teenage personality takes over her body when she inadvertently casts a spell on herself. At the reunion, teenage Phoebe re-connects with her former gang and finds herself in trouble when their old leader, Rick, uses Phoebe's magic to rob an armored car. Meanwhile, Piper calls upon her father to find out why Chris is keeping his distance from her.
  • Pointless Filler Episode #9184

1.2
    Oh, and it was all going so well. After three brilliant episodes, Charmed reduces itself to kid-oriented garbage with Hyde School Reunion, an episode that appears only to of been made to be a stalemate to the season premiere of the WB's reality series "High School Reunion", which aired the same night.

The episode has Phoebe attending her high school reunion and a spell going wrong, causing her to revert to her former teenage bad girl self. The subplot, where Piper calls her dad Victor to come and see Chris and ask him about his problems, is more effective and it's sweet to see Chris calling Piper "mom" for the first time and there are some revelations about Victor and Chris' relationship and also of Piper's death.

Compared to Piper's high school reunion episode, the A-plot is absolutely awful. It seems to drag on for ages and you don't care at all about the cliché characters Phoebe used to hang around with. The B-plot is absolutely brilliant. The scenes between Chris and Victor are well written and played well by both James Read and, dare I say it, Drew Fuller. He's actually good in this episode (shock horror!) and Chris is seriously becoming the most interesting character on the show. The revelation that Victor raises Chris after Piper dies when he is 14 is extremely moving but a good decision on the writer's part to continue the pattern of the Halliwell women dying and the children being raised by a grandparent.

This episode would have been given an extremely low rating but the Chris subplot raises it from being "criminally bad" to actually quite good.

Rating: F
  • Seems like this has been done enough. Not really creative. Phoebe does the high school flash back thing.

5.3
    Best part of this episode is Victor. Maybe a bit over-the-top, but overall cute. Grandpa is trying to do right by grandson because he failed as a father. How often do we hear about that in the real world?

Piper became very pregnant fast. Does morning sickness really last that long...supposedly six months into the pregancy?

Really do not like the reaction to Pheobe at the reunion. People do not carry silly grudges that long. Seems odd that Phoebe needs to take her sister to a party. She always has a man at her disposal, right?

Overall, not very impressive.
  • The episode entitled, ‘Hyde School Reunion’ focused on Phoebe and her rebellious teen years as she attends her High School reunion.

The only parts of the episode that I really enjoyed were the parts that focused on Piper and Chris. It’s great to see them interact now that Piper knows who Chris really is. It was really great for the writers to bring in Piper and Phoebe’s dad. He was fun to watch as well.

I did not like the idea with Phoebe’s reunion. It just didn’t seem to fit in the episode. Phoebe’s storyline was just boring. It was great to get a glimpse into Phoebe’s past, but it was just taken too far.

Overall, I would give this episode a 6 out of 10. I can’t wait to see when Leo finds out that Piper is pregnant with Chris.
  • Freaky Phoebe and the demons of projectile vomit...

This is the worst of Season 6, and that is saying something considering James Reed is in it, who typically elevates every episode he is in.

Victor is involved in the best comedy of the show as he attempts to talk to Piper's belly when she asks him to have a talk with Chris. It is cool seeing Victor and Chris together, and Victor even gets his one and only orb of the series. Chris's melancholy over Piper being dead in his future, as already noted in "Chris-Crossed," is pretty understandable. And Piper's reaction to Chris calling him "mom" for the first time is an all-time great Charmed moment, easily the best moment of the show.

The main plot is actually another example of the writers trying to capitalize on a normal event in the life of someone Phoebe's age. As such, the high school reunion is a sensible idea. The problem is that the conflict they worked out of it is more annoying than dramatic. Apparently all 4 sisters (including Prue) had long straight black hair in high school and were somewhat uncomfortable in their own skin. It is an old story by now.

It was very intelligent of the writers to have Rick proudly tell Phoebe that he had killed before. Once he said that, he was no longer an innocent, which opened the door for the sisters' rare vanquishing of a mortal. I liked that. Nice twist.

Unfortunately, most the rest is forgettable. The main problem is that Freaky Phoebe displays way more power than normal Phoebe ever did, and yet she allows Rick to bully her with a shotgun. Why not just turn HIM into a dog? This sucks any drama otherwise possible out of the whole Rick conflict.

• The only storyline I actually fallowed was Chris' one. AWESOME.

I cant say that Chris secret wasn't a bit predictable, but I just love how it was all feel with emotions. That's really a hard secret for one to keep and I just can bow to his greatness... I'm in love. Seriously though, I hated Chris from the minute a saw him at the begining of the season and it was all written for us to suspect his intentions. But now, I can only feel compassion toward him. When he revealed teh secret to his grandpa, I was totally crying... The way he looked so heartbroken just by the thought to say goodbye to his mom again...awwww. I have to confess, I really was attracted by the SOAP side of this episode.

The rest of the story wa actually BORING... Turning back back time to bring back high school years was a bit lame, but I wont lie, the hole story was well fallowed. I liked how both Chris-against-the-demons and Phoebe-against-convict-Chris connected at the end.

All in all, it wasn't a bad episode and I give it a 8.5/10.
    Still looking forward to Chris' destiny in the past... Sounds akward, but Heh! That's what is!
  • I really enjoyed Pipers reunion and it was good to see Phoebes.

Whilst attending her reunion, phoebe starts to reflect her teenage personality, eager teen Phoebe is eager to get all of the gang she was in back together, including the ring leader Rick, who is now in jail for a robbery. Paige must stop Phoebe from using her powers for her advantage before Phoebe does somthing that adult Phoebe may regret. Meanwhile Piper called Victor to see why future Chris is keeping something to himself. I found James Read was really funny in this episode, he had alot of funny expressions and funny lines. There were a number of good spells used by the sisters and the storyline seemed v. good.
  • Though it was kinda a filler eppy, I enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed this episode. We got to see Phoebe as if she were a teenager and we learned why Chris has been avoiding Piper. We learn of Piper's premature depart in Chris's future and that Victor raised Chris and Wyatt following that unfortunate event. I really like that Victor is in the girls' life so much more than he used to be, unlike Paige's father who, as Piper says, "comes around once every three years." It's a shame considering he had just gotten on better terms with Prue when she died. Um...now I am just trying to get up to 100 words. Yay! When I finish writing this, I will have 113!
  • revealing but confusing.

This episode gave a lot of insite to the future of the sisters. Chris revieled a lot to Victor. When Pheobe went to the reunion she went with a complex about herself which is out of character for her. She is famous and known and should have held her head high. The confusing part to me is when Chris revealed that Piper would not be around after he turned 14. But if they are changing the future then that could be wrong. With good Wyatt around I doubt that anything could happen to Piper. Why couldn't Paige see Pheobe was under a spell.
  • They shouldn't have bothered with the main plot.

This is an episode which I feel has two very different sides to it. Parts of it I thought were great; I thought they were well-written, funny and sensitive.

I am of course here referring to the Piper-Chris-Victor storyline here. The scene where Piper asks her father to have a chat with Chris is hilarious, Victor exclaiming "He can come out?!" was in my opinion one the the funniest Charmed moments ever.

This plotline was genuine and heart-warming, developing Chris as a character and establishing the bond between him and Piper, which is important as it is the first time we see them since his true identity was revealed to her. We see them adjusting their roles here to mother and son rather than just whitelighter and charge. The part where he calls her mom for the first time, and Piper's reaction was enough to warm the coldest of hearts and this human aspect is a perfect example of what draws a lot of people to the show.

However, I can't help but feel that the other plot in this episode, was nothing more than something to fill up the other 20mins or so. I thought it was ridiculous and other than a few one liners (mostly from Paige) it was rather yawn worthy and dragged out.

It was well worth the watching and re-watching in this case but solely for those Piper-Chris-Victor scenes which in this episode far and away stole the show.

• Hyde School Reunion

Hyde School Reunion was a superb and entertaining episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character development for Phoebe and Chris as well. It was great to see the sister's father again as Piper asked him to visit and talk with Chris. I liked learning more about Chris and his frame of thought. It was fun to see Phoebe relive her past so to speak, and it was a wildly fun ride! I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • Phoebe gets ready for her high school reunion and flips over her looks. Piper is concerned because she thinks Chris hates her, and asks Victor to have a \"man-to-man\" with Chris to find out where he stands since Leo doesn\'t know that Chris is their son.

This episode was hilarious! Phoebe becomes her old rebellious self and uses magic for personal gain. Paige tries to defend Phoebe after a mean girl tries to paint the picture that Phoebe is a whore and nothing but a fake. Phoebe casts a spell on the entire reunion, making everybody act as though they were seniors again. Phoebe along with her old gang, plot to bust their ringleader out of jail, but he is a little less than enthusiastic until he realises magic is for real. He escapes and hurts people, so Phoebe reverts to her old self, trumping the power of her spell. She goes along with his plan to steal money from an armoured truck, so she can save her old friend.

Meanwhile, Piper is upset because she thinks Chrsi hates her and it is revealed that he loves her more than anything but in his future was killed when he was 14. He tried to remain distant from her so when he got back he wouldn\'t have to relive his pain. He even starts calling her \"Mom\".

Although this was a filler in the arch of the sixth season, it is cleverly done.
  • The two faces of Phoebe

Phoebe and Paige go to a school reunion bash and Piper introduces Chris to her father. Not for the first time, it's a case of the subplot outshining the main plot.

Phoebe's story is a rehash of several earlier episodes. Her younger self is clearly based on the teenage Prue we saw in Season Two and the school reunion thing was done by Piper in Season Three. It's quite entertaining but definite filler material. I always enjoy spells so it was good to see Phoebe casting them so openly.

The crazy gang thing was a good idea but the story was weak. The bloke playing Rick couldn't act, and there was no way he'd accept magic that readily. I also can't believe the Charmed Ones killed him at the end. Surely the elders would have something to say about that, not to mention the police?

It's Piper's story that really steals the show. Becoming five months pregnant in three weeks doesn't seem to be an issue so she decides to introduce Chris to her father. It's good to see James Read again and I have to say this is his best performance to date. Some of his expressions are priceless and I laughed out loud when he thought Piper could summon Chris from the womb. The scenes between the two men are also nicely done.

Almost forgot to say there are some demons as well. They shoot green goo from their mouths. They have nothing to do with either story (save for the end when they help vanquish Rick) but they are fun to watch.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go along with the majority and say it was the Chris scenes which saved the episode for me. That and hearing the nickname 'Freebie' again. Not heard that since Season One. Nice continuity!
  • I really liked this episode !!!

Mainly because of Chris. I really love his character.. the only thing i didn't really like was the reunion it was kinda boring at times but Chris made up for it !! I liked seeing his and pipers relationship evolve and having pipers dad come and talk to Chris was a great idea. It also gave us some more info on the future and why he was avoiding piper.Another reason i liked this episode is because piper actually knows who Chris is know. Like i said i really wasn't big on the reunion , but overall i loved the episode.