Charmed

Hyde School Reunion

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 14, 2004 on The WB

• They shouldn't have bothered with the main plot.

This is an episode which I feel has two very different sides to it. Parts of it I thought were great; I thought they were well-written, funny and sensitive.

I am of course here referring to the Piper-Chris-Victor storyline here. The scene where Piper asks her father to have a chat with Chris is hilarious, Victor exclaiming "He can come out?!" was in my opinion one the the funniest Charmed moments ever.

This plotline was genuine and heart-warming, developing Chris as a character and establishing the bond between him and Piper, which is important as it is the first time we see them since his true identity was revealed to her. We see them adjusting their roles here to mother and son rather than just whitelighter and charge. The part where he calls her mom for the first time, and Piper's reaction was enough to warm the coldest of hearts and this human aspect is a perfect example of what draws a lot of people to the show.

However, I can't help but feel that the other plot in this episode, was nothing more than something to fill up the other 20mins or so. I thought it was ridiculous and other than a few one liners (mostly from Paige) it was rather yawn worthy and dragged out.

It was well worth the watching and re-watching in this case but solely for those Piper-Chris-Victor scenes which in this episode far and away stole the show.

TNT