Charmed

Hyde School Reunion

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 14, 2004 on The WB

• Freebe The Teenage Witch

Hyde School Reunion-Phoebe accidentally casts a spell on herself that allows her wild teenage personality to take over, and teen Phoebe is eager to use her magic to her advantage. Meanwhile, Piper asks her father to find out why Chris is avoiding her.

Once again, the writers take a pretty awesome plot and write it into the ground! Piper's high school reunion was awesome, I mean she got possessed with Prue having to sacrifice her to save her. Pretty intense stuff. Phoebe's high school reunion? Well, it actually started out pretty interesting. The writers actually remember that Phoebe was littlejuvenile delinquent back in the day. They even remembered her infamous nickname: Freebe! We even got to meet her old high school gang. Sure they're mostly one note characters, but at least they helped us to better understand how out of control Phoebe was in her teenage years. It actually made me miss the old Phoebe from the early years when she was the free-spirited, trouble making little sister. Phoebe of the later years is either a work a holic, obsessed with getting laid, having a baby and is pretty the complete opposite of who she use to be. The silly costumes and the constant possessions don't help. Phoebe becomg a teenage is just another sitcom, over thop silliness that is just made Charmed unbearable to watch during the second half of the series. Once Rick becomes the villain of the week, it doesn't help. Phoebe's line "I fight demons every week, I'm not afraid of you" is exactly why this plot is so boring. Rick is about as threating as a stor robber.....he's in fact a store robber and the fact that the second half of the episode is spent on how to stop him is ridiculous. Not to mention, the way the episode is resolved is like a big middle finger to the show's mythology and the fans's intelligence! You're telling me Paige and Phoebe let a human get killed by demons to get rid of him and there are NO consequences for that! Excuse me: f#$% you writers! What happened to "protect the innocent, not punish the guilty"!!? The scene was the worst of the series, showing how stupid and selfish the sisters have become. How sad how bad the series have become when it completely sh!ts on lessons that we previously established! I guess "Morality Bites" never happened! *HEADDESK, FALLS INTO A COMA!!*

The only good thing in the episode was surprisingly Chris and his bonding with Chris. There were some great, genuine scenes between them. Drew Fuller even manages to give a decent performance for once! I believed finally that Chris was Piper's son for the first time, which I never thought I would. But that wasn't enough to save this bore-fest/insulting pile of crap. Also, "Hyde School Reunion"? I heard better puns made on Seseame Street!