Charmed

I Dream of Phoebe

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 15, 2004 on The WB

• "I'm Phoebe, I Wear Slutty Outfits For No Reason!" #5 - Horny Genie

7.1
    Despite being another episode with Phoebe wearing close to nothing, I Dream of Phoebe (neat title) is actually an enjoyable dose of Charmed which gives all the cast something to do, which is good for everybody.

The episode has Phoebe releasing a sexy genie from a bottle and having to take her place. But when the genie is revealed to be evil and planning to raise an ancient society in some Arabic desert, the sisters have to stop her and rescue Phoebe. Meanwhile, Chris tries to get Leo and Piper back together...

It's been ages since we had a tough female bad guy who wasn't a dumb blonde with a serious sex addiction and Jinny (despite the awful name) is one of the most memorable femme fatale's on the show. Phoebe is hilarious when she is turned into a genie and the constant references to I Dream of Jeannie are also funny. Chris' subplot was also well handled and the revelation that he is Piper and Leo's son is also well written and Paige discovering his identity is also a good story development.

This episode also marks the departure of Richard. I'm sure nobody will miss him, since Balthazar Getty played him like everything he did was as dramatic as opening a can of soda. I Dream of Phoebe appeared like it would be another trivial, lame episode of Charmed but ends up being an entertaining hour, well, as good as Charmed can be at the moment.

Rating: B