Charmed

I Dream of Phoebe

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 15, 2004 on The WB

• A hot genie, a mad demon, and Leo's love to the rescue once again.

Season 6 reaches its pinnacle in this episode and the following one, before the terrific season finale. For one thing, we have a tremendously pretty genie who in a terrific twist becomes a hot demon bent on becoming all powerful. Stupid name or not, Jinny makes a fantastic bad guy. I am always for attractive female bads cast in opposition to the sisters. Secondly, we have the wrap up of Richard's storyline, which I think we were all glad to see end. And that means only 4 episodes after the idiotic split of the sisters, that moronic story arc mercifully ends and the sisters are all back at Halliwell manor. We also have Chris, Phoebe and then Paige all talking openly about who Chris is and the mission to reunite his parents. I hated that Piper was still dating Greg after recent events, but I loved how Chris pretty much ended their relationship by manipulating his parents together. And of course, it was a miracle that he did, since it ended up saving the Charmed Ones.

In a rather shocking turn of events, Richard ends up killing the sisters at Jinny's wish. Great acting by the much-maligned Drew Fuller during this scene. Fortunately, Leo had an arm around Piper, and she called to him as her soul floated away. Leo even while asleep healed her, saving all of them. The sisters learning their lesson from past ghosts and using that against the demon was also very smartly done. And of course that all led to the final scene where we saw Piper and Leo edging closer to being together again, what most of us have been waiting for.