Charmed

I Dream of Phoebe

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 15, 2004 on The WB

• I Dream Of A Better Series!

I Dream of Phoebe-When Phoebe frees a genie from a bottle, she soon finds that she must take the genie's place. Meanwhile, anxious to put Leo and Piper back together, Chris uses Phoebe to make his wish come true, but she takes his instructions too literally.

Phoebe in yet another silly costume!! You can always tell the quality in a Charmed episode by how little Phoebe has to wear or some tacky costume the writers have forced poor Alyssa Milano to wear. I mean come on, Alyssa, your a producer at this point, tell these people they are embarrassing you week by week on national television and it needs to stop! Besides, they writers already did a Genie episode, a relatively "good" Genie episode, so why is this "I Dream of Genie"knockoff forced down our throats!! Barbara Eden wouldn't be amused! The whole plot is your typical Charmed fluff, Phoebe gets a premonition (yeah, she actually still gets those!!) about a woman being attacked by a demon, leaving her and Chris to go to some where in Arabia or whatever and they find Jenny...The Genie.....*headdesk* I also find the Aladdin mythology silly on Charmed with the 40 theives being demons. Jenny turning out to be a demon all along was a decent twist I guess but things just go downhill once Phoebe gets turned into a Genie.

If that wasn't bad enough, we have Chris on a sick and disturbing crusade to get Piper and Leo to sleep together so he cane be concieved in time. I don't know whether this was suppose to be intended as funny but if the was, the writers have a messed up sense of humor. Not only it it not funny, but it's extremely jarring considering we just found out who Chris really is. One week, he's barely in the sisters' lives and the nexr, he's forcing one of them to sleep with an Elder. Yeah, I know their his parents but still, give us time to explore this knew revelation, not make cheap jokes about wanting your parents to have sex. I still believe the writers pulled this development out their a$$ as we as an audience were given no hints as to who Chris really was. Sure, he and Wyatt had a past in the future, but still, it was pretty vague and this is a pretty big development for not even giving the fans a bit of clue to Chris' being Piper and Leo's son. It's also pathetic watching Chris trying to break up Piper's date with Greg! It's funny considering in "Prince Charmed" only a few episodes ago, Chris wanted Piper to dtae so she wouldn't give up on love. Phoebe during her agrument with Chris at the beginning is the only thing that made sense in this episode: Chris' plans were terrible! He's the one who forced his parents to split! He's the one who sent Leo to Vahalla! He's the one whose been keeping secrets to the point that have caused unforseen consequences! Now all of sudden he wants Piper and Leo to bone? *HEAD-FREAKIN'-DESK*

If that wasn't bad enough we get Paige and Richard going at it about his powers. At this point, I couldn't careless about Richard or his supposed dangerous usage of magic. I glad the writers finally rapped up this relationship with Richard stripping himself of his powers and both deciding to break-up. It was long time coming and maybe with Richard gone Paige can become more independent and less of a ditzy, overportective girlfriend?.........NOPE! I did love the Piper and Leo moment toward the end. Even with all the suck around them, Holly and Brian always remind us that Piper and Leo's relationship is the only redeeming thing about the series. But besides that, 'I Dream of Phoebe" is as gimmicky and pathetic as Charmed can get!