Charmed

Imaginary Fiends

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 08, 2005 on The WB

• Not Much Imagination Here

4.5

Imaginary Fiends-Unbeknownst to the sisters, baby Wyatt's new "imaginary" friend is actually a demon named Vicus who is trying to win Wyatt's trust to turn him evil. Meanwhile, Piper casts a spell to be able to understand baby Wyatt, but inadvertently brings 25-year-old Wyatt back from the future.

Ehw! I would expect that something as dark and twisted as a demon pretending to be an imaginary friend to turn Wyatt evil would have been....you know....dark! But it's like dark and twisted don't exist on Charmed anymore! All that's left is corny and cheesy! I can't even stress enough how tacky the demons are becoming! The one that attack Piper, Phoebe and Wyatt looked like reject from the Matrix with black shades. Also, what was up with the laser wipes?! O_0 The story actually starts out promising with Wyatt taking to some invisible being and we sees it's a demon trying to turn him evil. Sure we've been down that road already with Season 6 but this story still had potential with the Imaginary Friend angle. But once future Wyatt comes into the picture, things just start rolling down hill...fast! Everything that Wes Ramsey does as Wyatt is extremely cheesy! I couldn't help but laugh at the moment where he tells the demons to "leave his family alone" before he unleashes his powers on the demons. Not to mention, once he becomes evil, he turns into this pretentious, cliched bad guy with a forced British accent.Lines like"You always said spanking was barbaric" made me cringeIt's such a drastic contrast from his subtle, dark performance from "Chris Crossed". Vicus was no better and is vanquished quickly, without nothing much to say about him. He was basically a filler villain until future Wyatt went bad. There just really isn't any sense of danger or fear from the characters, I mean Phoebe and Paige are surrounded by over a dozen demons yet they only end up with some scratches?....right! O_0

I guess the only decent moment is Leo reaching out to little Wyatt and getting him to give him the bear. It's still corny but it's the only time where the emotion felt real between the characters. Then we have a sub-plot with Phoebe and her college professor. I honestly don't know why the writersbroughtPhoebe back to college, especially considering it leads absolutely no where after this episode! I mean I'm sure the idea of Phoebe get her Masters would have been a great story for her for the next (and abysmal) final season, but there was no point to it! Anyway, "Imaginary Fiends" is another potentially thrilling, dark episode given the Charmed treatment with sucking all the drama out of it and replacing it with pure cheese!