Charmed

It's a Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World (2)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 16, 2004 on The WB

• Your feeble skills are no match for the sheer power of the darkside of Leo... Pure awesomeness.

I had originally thought that Forever Charmed would be the only episode that I would give a perfect 10 to, but after watching this a third time, I changed my mind. This episode is as good as it gets for Charmed. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you damn glad to see an elder get fried, and it will just all around keep you riveted. As I said for the first part, this is the best season finale to Charmed until the series finale. The happy, hokey world was a bit annoying, which I'm sure was the point, but here is a list of the awesomeness.

Billy Drago and Gildart Jackson are tremendous in their scenes together. Their first dialogue scene is a gem, and I continue to be thoroughly entertained by Drago throughout. "Is the big elder afraid of the itsy, bitsy, little baby?" Hahaha...

Holly's acting, like usual, is fabulous in the couple scenes she is in, especially when Drago plays on her fears.

I thought Phoebe and Paige were hilarious after Piper put the spell on them, especially Phoebe and all her baby talk with Chris. hahaha... Apparently to live in this altered reality, you just need to be high.

Another great scene is when Chris uses his power to throw Darryl out the front door. He then looks out the door at Darryl, and in a hilariously cocky manner says, "Have a nice day," and then uses his power to shut the door. Sweet. And another is when Wes Ramsey reappears as the older, evil Wyatt, and he takes Excalibur to his dad. Somewhat fitting when you remember King Arthur used that sword to kill his own son, Mordred.

Chris's death is a tearjerker. Rose McGowan is magnificent as Paige stands in the doorway stricken, and Brian Krause, of course, is better than ever. Wyatt orbing around the underworld vanquishing demons is hilarious and awesome simultaneously. Then, of course, Leo summoning the mirror, talking to his evil counterpart, telling Gideon he is going to commit a great evil, and then electrocuting Gideon is one of the all time greatest Charmed moments. Here's a memo: don't mess with Leo's kids.

The final scene with Chris's birth, Leo going in to see Piper, and as Charmed tradition, the hospital room doors swinging shut with the words "Recovery" on them, is great in pretty much every detail. This ultimately shows that the story arc for Season 6 actually had Piper and Leo at its heart. Like Season 2, they start the season separated, and they finish the season together, in recovery. Just an all around fantastic episode.