Charmed

I've Got You Under My Skin

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 14, 1998 on The WB

• Never mind the demon....here's the sub plots

One week into their new lives, the sisters face their first demon; a being named Javna who sucks the youth out of young women in order to stay young himself. Ok, so this is hardly an original concept, but it is only the second episode so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

What is far more interesting is what we find out about the sisters.

Piper is still uncomfortable with being a witch and, in particular, with her lack of control over her power. Her scenes in the kitchen and at the church, while funny, also show real fear on her part thanks to some great acting from Holly.

Prue gets a new job and we begin to see how career minded she is. She also gets (back) together with Andy in what turns out to be a one night stand. This actually sets up their relationship nicely and it's a shame it dwindles away to nothing in later episodes.

Phoebe is still loving her new power and is determined to make the most of it. The way she walks straight into Javna's trap also shows what a trusting person she is, although I could see why a lot of folk might say she was being irresponsible.

I wasn't sure how or why Phoebe's lottery ticket unwrote itself in the last scene. In later episodes, personal gain brings consequences but it doesn't stop their powers from working. I also think it's hard on Phoebe when Prue blatantly uses her power to fling Andy's alarm clock out of the window so she can sneak off while he's sleeping. How is that not personal gain?

The banter between the sisters was very well written and it was a cool vanquish. The hand of Fatima. Love it!