Charmed

Kill Billie: Vol. 2

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 14, 2006 on The WB

• The big battle we all knew was coming.

Of course this episode was intense, and of course it's all what we've been waiting for, and of course it was a great episode. The intensity of the whole thing grew pretty well throughout the whole episode, with some excellent scenes, but I still can't get over the way Billie was convinced by Christy to hate the Charmed Ones.

Phoebe's talk with Coop was completely AWESOME. She laid it out like it is - she has no time for him, she cares about her sisters the most. Thank you Phoebe! That's the way it should be! The scenes with Victor were pretty cool too. It was nice how protective he was of his grandchildren. The summoning of the Hollow was a really good idea. It's nice to know that ultimate power wasn't truly passed on to Billie and that her and Christy actually needed help (Wyatt) to summon the Hollow, while the Charmed Ones were able to do it themselves. The deal with the demons proved pretty helpful - the demons wanted the Triad gone for good, and they needed help to do that. By gettting the Charmed Ones to use the Hollow, the demons got their wish, while the Charmed ones got power to stop Billie and Christy. It really seems like the Charmed Ones got a good deal there.

Now the ending, that was probably the best part. The manor blowing up - wow. The manor has been such as huge part of the show, and the long-time home of the Charmed line, and just seeing it get destroyed, watching the pieces fall to the ground, was amazing. Then Piper finds dead Phoebe, and her reaction is so touching. Of course she forgets about Paige, which is sort of weird...but it also might be a sign that Phoebe means more to Piper and that they're really close, as they're true sisters. Oooh and when she found Billie, that was harsh. Ugh, why did Leo have to stop her from killing her?! Seriously Brad Kern, how can you not know we would have all loved to see that *cough* get blown up by Piper.

Now, what really really makes me mad is - why the heck did Phoebe not have a premonition??????? I mean come on, way to make continuity 0. Phoebe has pretty much not even been a witch all freaking season. She's had nothing but premonitions about her baby issues all season, and to end the show with her not having one is beyond stupid. She'd seriously better have one somehow next week...

Then once again, we got to see Billie acting like the retard she truly is. I can't see how she thinks it's okay to risk the life of a THREE year old boy, not to mention that he's the son of one of the three women who mentored her, just so she can supposedly stop the Charmed Ones from getting all power-hungry. She doesn't think she's even a bit evil for doing that? She has way too much trust in her sister, too easily forgetting all the Charmed ones have done for her. Also she blew off Coop's mentioning of the spell Phoebe was under just because Christy said he was lying. It sort of takes away from the believeability of the big battle when it seems like it never really should have ever happened.

Overall though, a very good episode, with lots of drama and no stupid non-funny joke attempts which is what the show seemed to be putting emphasis on more and more the last few years. Sisterly bonding prevailed, and the big battle ended in the loss of life. Now we just have next week to see how it all turns out...