Charmed

Long Live the Queen

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 02, 2002 on The WB

• Is it possible to straddle both the "good" and "bad"?

Is it possible to straddle both the "good" and "bad"? That's the question Phoebe faces as her hormones make her kill her Cole's cronies and her powers make her save an innocent. I have to say that I have loved the Phoebe and Cole dynamic. Despite my happiness at her eventual bliss with Cupid, I can't deny that I harbored a secret wish for a reunion between the two. Their passion, their on screen chemistry was palpable. In this episode, you see, though, the culmination of months of tension, the final hurdle that Phoebe must jump to realize that it just isn't meant to be, that love just isn't enough. Piper is in true form as she deals with the possibility of losing another sister. Paige continues to fit in to the Charmed Ones as she trusts her sibling instincts, trusts Phoebe. Phoebe saying goodbye to Cole and choosing her sisters...priceless and sad moment. The best scene, though, had to come not just when she said goodbye but later when she and the three sisters cried in bed. Piper was so worried about going up, Leo was so worried about her, Paige was so matter and fact, and Phoebe needed them both. It was a beautiful shot of the three of them and a perfect way to end the episode.