Charmed

Lost and Bound

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 31, 2002 on The WB

• #I'm a firestarter, twisted firsestarter#

5.4
    This episode is obvious filler before we get back to business with the Source and Cole. It features a kid who can start fires via emotions. He's a generic orphan teenager so he starts fires often. Anyway, he is promised to the Source so the Charmed ones protect him. In the sub-plot we have to put up with Phoebe acting all Bewitched's Sam. All housewifey and stuff.

First thing is that the kid firestarter, everytime I heard that word it just made me hum the Prodidgy track. It was made even funnier with the collection Demon Ludlow being Ray Wise who plays the Devil in 'Reaper', ironically having Ice powers. I Laughed My Arse off. On the otherhand Piper's demonstration of her powers to the kid were quite a nice touch. Helped her see that she can look after Children as well. Not that anyone had any doubts.

The sub-plot with Phoebe as a 1950s housewife was reasonably okay and I liked the black and white reel effect. It's a shame that the Samantha 'Bewitched' Phoebe was just a little too annoying though. Never touching Grams engagement ring again hopefully.

So a bad episode that was reasonably funny in bits. Makes me want to listen to the Prodigy's album.
LIFE