Charmed

Love's A Witch

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 19, 2003 on The WB

• The episode entitled, ‘Love’s a Witch’, focused the most on Paige and her desire to define herself outside of “The Power of 3”.

The episode entitled, ‘Love’s a Witch’, focused the most on Paige and her desire to define herself outside of “The Power of 3”. Some other storylines included Piper’s first date in four years, the sister’s growing annoyance with Phoebe’s empathy power and Chris’ search for a potion to hide his secrets.

Paige’s storyline of the feud going on between the Calloway’s and the Montana’s seemed incredibly forced. It started off very slowly, and once it got going, I had already lost interest. The ending of the conflict was very anti-climactic. Instead of using a banishing potion on Olivia the ghost, Paige was able to talk her into giving up her quest for vengeance. If she could have done that sooner, maybe there would have been time for a more interesting storyline. The only good thing to come from this was the addition of a new love interest for Paige in Richard.

It was nice to see Leo finally show some emotion over losing Piper. Since the start of the season, he seemed very indifferent towards the fact that he was losing a wife and not just a son. Finally, we got to see the emotions going through Leo when he was faced with Piper’s date and her request for a divorce. I was beginning to wonder if he even cared about losing her.

Overall, I would give this episode a score of 5 out of 10. It just didn’t hold and keep my interest as the rest of the episodes do.

Picky, Picky:
    Where exactly did a potion to banish a ghost come from? Several times over the years the sisters have been faced with the challenge of vanquishing a ghost and each time someone had to die, or be already dead, in order to get rid of the pesky spirit. Did the rules just change now?

Hasn’t Paige learned by now that being a Charmed One means working together with her sisters?