Charmed

Love's A Witch

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 19, 2003 on The WB

• It's Time For Family Feud!!

Love's A Witch-While on a temp job, Paige meets an attractive male witch named Richard and wants to help end the magical feud between his and another magical family. After she refuses Piper and Phoebe's help, she winds up possessed by the vengeful spirit of Richard's deceased fiance. Meanwhile, Leo is suspicious when Chris travels to the underworld in search of a potion.

Wow, A nice boring episode Charmed! I'd take that over the awful run of episodes we've gotten so far. At least the writers were attemping to give us a serious witch centric plot again, but unfortunately the guest stars couldn't be more boring and the fallout couldn't be more dull. Olivia sure was vicious little ghost wasn't she? The hole she left in Ricahrd's father's chest was brutal. I just wish the ending involved more of a confrontation between Olivia and the sisters. Paige simply talking her down and Olivia going to the afterlife peacefully was beyond anti-climatic, also when she possessed Paige, it's was a wasted plot point and what was up with Richard kissing Paige out of nowhere. I mean it's obvious he sensed Paige was channeling Olivia but didn't sense that Paige might be possessed by Olivia!? Speaking of Richard, Balthazar Getty is yet another boring actor casted in yet another boring role. Of course, he will become a future love interest for Paige, yet I don't see why? He's an interesting as a door knob.

Also, the story is filled with some glaring plot holes like why haven't the Elders intervened in this war? Leo didn't even give a reason to why these two families are still active witches when all they do is cause harm to one another? What happened to personal gain and the consequences considering they are suppose to be good witches? Also, why do they throw energy balls? Isn't that a demonic power!!? Think writers, think! Another annoying plot point is Phoebe's continuing struggle to control her Empath power. I glad that the Empath potions were made to block Phoebe's power from Paige and Piper, but I hate that Chris was involved in this. Seriously, what is upw with this guy!? And why is Leo the only one noticing Chris' shaddy behavior. The sisters are becoming so dumb and Chris is playing all of them. I'm glad Leo threatened to clip his wings because the fact that Chris is still a whitelighter and doing all these horrible things is ridiculous!! Anyway, "Love's A Witch" is pretty much the best episode of the season so far, which is sad because it's average at best. Which shows you how bad this season is!