Charmed

Lucky Charmed

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 06, 2003 on The WB

7.6
  • Ni maith liom an episode seo.

3.5

It's difficult not to feel something of a patriotic sting as an Irishman watching the defamation of our mythological beings time and time again. Yet, despite the god AWFUL accents, our little lucky friends aren't the worst offenders of the episode. No, that has to go to our demons-of-the-week, some of the hammiest acting on this show to date and that is saying a hell of a lot. But I don't really blame the actors, per se. I've seen what Domonic Fumusa can do on Nurse Jackie and does anyone remember Phina Orcuhe (that's Female Demon 1, to you and me) from her little stint on Buffy as Rupert's fling? They were clearly told to treat everything as though they were working in a pantomime. This really isn't as bad as I remember it, some of the sisterly stuff actually works, but much like the crappy effects, and one of the cheapest looking demon lairs EVER (was it difficult being tied down to that paper mache tree, Piper?), this episode never truly aims to convince us that this is a story worth telling.