Charmed

Muse to My Ears

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 13, 2001 on The WB

• Give me back my Muse!

In what is average Charmed fare, the acting and dialogue carry a somewhat uninspired demonic storyline.

Yes, Cole is human, and that is quite the change for a super demon used to shimmering and throwing energy balls. Props to the writers for handling his dilemma in a very realistic manner, and Julian is excellent throughout, as usual.

This is a fairly rare lighthearted episode for Season 4, featuring a fair amount of a comedy and a warlock who looks like he should be one of Paige's one week boyfriends. The comedy best comes off when the Muse inspires the entire cast; not the first nor the last time a convention similar to this will be used on the show.

As hinted, the warlock, though I do appreciate finally seeing a warlock again, is not especially effective. The notion that this joker could replace the Source is great comedy indeed, and it is hard to believe the Underworld would be looking to regroup so soon when the Source isn't even vanquished.

The ending at the club was a strange scene, but it was great to see Cole and Leo working together once again.

Decent episode that moved Cole's storyline forward nicely.