Charmed

My Three Witches

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 26, 2003 on The WB

• My Three Witches

My Three Witches was a perfect and very entertaining episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of action, drama and intrigue. It was interesting to see what Chris was up to as Leo remained suspicious. Each of the sister's alternate realities was quite interesting and fun. There w was a lot of character and plot development. I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • I have no desire to watch this episode again.

''Mommy, what's an orgasm?'' That's exactly what I imagine a lot of kids asked their parents after watching the episode upon its original run through; a frilly nilly series that has no quarrels at all dealing with faries and trolls and leprechauns, suddenly decides to open with a pre-title teaser discussing a five minute female orgasm. Are they trying to tell us the series has grown up? This show! And how come the male 5 minute orgasm is dangerous? I really wanted to know. NAAAAAAAAT. But wouldn't it have made an awesome episode had the plot revolved around achieving this five-minute orgasm? Thoughts?

There are so many neon signs that this will be an especially dreadful episode of Charmed from the teaser alone. The crap special FX (apparently there's a never ending supply of red tissue(?)in the manor). Paige orbing herself in half? Because, okay. Who needs legs or any of those pesky important organs? (This also raises quite a few new possible entries into the Karma Sutra.) And the really obvious stunt-double for Piper. She hulks out several times, boasting some heavy artillery in the gun department.

This is gonna be a looong 40 minutes.

So where to start? Chris' fool-proof plan to tag team with a demon? (Curse you demon for your sudden but inevitable betrayal!) Or how about Piper's rendezvous with her friends, which pretty much involved Piper and a bunch of extras we've never met before (but we're assured they're Piper's bezzie mates) oogling at ripped men in speedos. Now, I appreciate gratuitous eye-candy as much as the next fellow, but is this Piper's idea of a normal life? What has Charmed turned into, has someone been watching HBO? Orgasms. Male Strippers. I half expected Wyatt to snort a couple of lines before the credits.

As soon as Chris' fool-proof plan kicks into effect, there are, admittedly, some good ideas tossed around in that cauldron of realities. But, as with most opportunities on this show, the writers don't know a good thing when they've got it, and so we only ever touch upon exposure in a positive light, a world without magic, and Jason's stupid fantasy. There simply isn't enough time to care about any of the situations that girls find themselves in as a result of their desires. This is a plot device the show has recycled time and time again. Given that all three leads sleep their way through this one (''Jason is dying. I have to save Jason. Tear. Emotion. Cannot compute.''), it's especially difficult to muster up and kind of reaction to what's going on.

Fmeh.
  • My Harmed Brain Cells

1.5

My Three Witches-The Halliwell sisters attempt to escape magical alternate realities where their secret desires come true, after Chris uses the demon Gith to try to teach them a lesson. Meanwhile, Leo demands that the Elders strip Chris of his Whitelighter status.

Honestly, Season 6 at this point has nothing going for it. The plots are making no sense, the villains more predictable, even the sisters are becoming self-absorb to the point where there are becoming unlikeable. In this hot mess of an episode, Chris decides to teach the sisters a lesson when they are too busy with their own personal lives instead of vanquishing a demon. But heres the thing, Chris' plan sucks! Not only does he get them almost killed, but himself killed as well. I also hate how Chris keeps going behind the sisters back, doing these evil things and they can pick up on it. Leo once again is the most competent character so far thi season as he is the only one puttign two and two together about Chris. Leo finding the Valkyrie necklace and realizing Chris killed a Valkyrie was a long time coming. Not to mention, he set up a hearing with the Elders! Finally, Chris was about to get what's been coming to him....yet ...at the end of the episode, Leo lets it go because Piper convinces him that Chris saved them and proved himself. Yet, it was Chris that got the sisters stuck there in the first place!! Seriously? WTF!?

Rhe! If that wasn't bad enough, the sisters' alternate world were dull. Phoebe becomes a min-Oprah, Paige is attacked by multiple demons now that the world knows she's a witch and Piper watches a bunch of half naked men grid their junk in her face! Gith is a worthless demon, not to mention the way he's vanquished has to be the most unintentionally hilarious scene in the series' history. That horrid green screen SFX with the sisters running away from the explosion!? My god, the SFX really sucks this year which is surprising considering this was the season with probably the biggest budget of any season. "My Three Witches" plays as a joke...a really bad, sick joke!

• Chris gives sisters a lesson!

Chris did right thing he did to sisters. Because sisters don't care about save the world right now. Chris do care LOT about the world and Wyatt. I am really proud of Chris. The sisters need to wake up and work to destroy the demons fast before demon want Wyatt really bad. Leo need to grow up, because Chris need powers to give sisters a powers to save Leo in island. Leo need to know better. Leo is not my favorite character in the show. In the ending of this episode, the sisters already learned their lessons to work to save the world, their personal life need to be wait! Way to go, Chris! Great Episode!
  • The power of one blond

This is a bit of a pointless episode. Ok, some good stuff happens, but the whole 'alternate reality' thing has been done far better before and the story doesn't move the season arc along at all.

Our darklighter-of-the-week is very cute but not remotely threatening and seems to have no motivation for his actions. Basically, he sends each of the Charmed Ones into an alternate reality based upon their deep-seated desires then watches what happens. The one decent twist is that it's Chris who puts him up to this.

The three alternate realities are mildly interesting but ultimately come to nothing. Piper enters a world without magic and sits through a completely gratuitous 'fashion' show in which some deeply unattractive blokes pratt around in underwear. Paige finds herself in a world where everyone knows she is a witch and where demons seem to lurk around every corner. This had potential but ended up being rather dull. Phoebe's story is the pick of the bunch. Her reality is cleverly based on Mr Dull's feelings rather than her own and sees her whisked into a world where she is super famous and mobbed by fans at every turn.

I really thought the Leo/Chris rivalry would explode this week but I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. Chris claims to have set up the sisters to teach them a lesson but he almost gets them and himself killed. What was he thinking? Surely the elders would have something to say about this?

Lastly, a special mention for the effects team. The vanquishing scene has some of worst effects ever seen on this show. It looks like it was done by schoolkids. And just to make matters worse, the script falls apart at this point. "You're in my world!" Echo, echo..... Yuck!
  • Great episode writters should be proud!!

Worried that the Charmed Ones are drifting apart by putting their personal lives before their "charmed" duties, Chris tries to teach them a lesson by enlisting the help of the demon Gith, who creates an alternate reality for the sisters by tapping into their secret desires. When Piper's desire for a magic-free life with Wyatt, Paige's desire for a "real" magical place and Phoebe's desire for a successful talk show turn deadly, the sisters combine their desires to vanquish Gith. Meanwhile, Leo arranges a hearing with the Elders to strip Chris of his Whitelighter powers.

Yeah a great episode it had great quality to it nad the storyline just had thta umpp to it if you know what I mean But the men dancing in half nude was a bit disturbing for me !!
  • Kern's Three Glitches

1.3
    As soon as the episode started I knew this would be absolutely awful. My Three Witches begins with Phoebe guest hosting a talk show where she is interviewing a writer about her new book, hilariously (not) entitled "The Five Minute Orgasm". Yes, it's true...

The rest of the episode has the sisters each being stuck in realities where they all live out their deepest desires. Piper's is to be a stay-at-home mom in a world free of magic, Phoebe's is a world where she is rich and famous and happily in love with Jason and Paige's is a world where magic is accepted as normal.

All of the deepest wishes of each sister have already been revealed in previous episodes so it was pointless to devote an entire hour to the subject. Each reality is extremely boring, with Phoebe's being the most yawn-enducing. Phoebe's character continues to deteriorate into some kind of sex-obsessed, shallow celebrity and the opening sequence just shows how infantile she has become.

There was one glimmer of entertainment though. The closing scenes sees Simon being blown up, and it features the worst special effects ever seen on this show. It's hard to imagine that they must of blew their entire FX budget in the previous five episodes. Or maybe it was just that the dragon from three episodes ago was too expensive?

All-in-all, My Three Witches is an extremely dull episode which fits in perfectly with the terrible hours of Charmed that we've been watching for the past year...

Rating: F
  • This is probably my least favorite episode of all.

I still can't figure out why the first part of season 6 has been so crappy. These last few episodes have just been bad. This is probably my least favorite episode of all. Things do get better after this. Is it just me or did the lead writters take a vaction for the past few weeks. I know that introducing a new main character and kinda phasing out Leo can be difficult to achieve but it could of been handled alot better. I have know idea why they tried to phase out leo in the first place. I've never really understood what happened between the actor who played Leo and the producers.
  • The episode entitled, ‘Fantasies in the Flesh’ focused on all three of the sisters.

The episode entitled, ‘Fantasies in the Flesh’ focused on all three of the sisters. The sisters got put into alternate realities where Piper was a magic-free stay-at-home mom, Phoebe was a TV personality and Paige was in a world where magic is a part of everyday life. For all, what may seem like a fantasy, soon turned into a nightmare.

I really liked the scenes with Piper and the lingerie party. Her facial expressions were priceless. I always like it when the writers add a little comedy to the show.

I really love the episodes that have multiple focuses, such as this one. It’s nice to see the writers delve into a little bit of each sister’s life.

Personally, I can’t wait until Chris has been found out and the sisters finally realize what he has been up to. I feel bad for Leo. He knows that there is something off about Chris, but he can’t pin it down.

Overall, I would give this episode an 8 out of 10. It leaves me wondering what Chris is ultimately up to and looking forward to the future of Charmed.
  • A demon traps the sisters into their fantasy world ..and of course it goes wrong...

Ah, this is a good episod, not a great one but still... We see once again that Chris is ready to go to extrem length to have the charmed ones focused on demons! But on the other hand he doesn\'t want them dead...yet... The show gives him a more and more important part and even if this episod main thread - each of the charmed ones dream world turning bad - is not grandiose it still is quite good and this episod is worth watching!If only to enjoy Chris\' ambiguity and to see the sisters confronted with their ideal world...