Charmed

Payback's A Witch

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 15, 2006 on The WB

• Talking Toys and A zoom gone amoc.

6.7
    The first ten minutes felt slow, silly and just unbearably boring. My God; the toys are alive, and the others are stuck in a hostage situation. Oh Please. But when the episode was finished I really felt otherwise. The toy plot turned out to not only be quite cute, but also very revealing and interesting. Wyatt finally got to grieve in his own way, and Piper got to talk to her boy and see what’s going on through his mind. The whole hostage situation at the bank started out boring and just plain stupid, but evolved into an exciting plotline with some character development as well as some interesting demons, and for once an original vanquish. Billie was bearable, Paige and Henry was as cute together as ever, and their relationship is getting better and better. I loved how the other girls teased her for her love. And while we’re on the subject; Paige can heal. Rejoice. Finally we’ve got a healer and Paige has a new power. Billie had something to do, and something to act with, that wasn’t her usual screwing something up. She was actually pretty good in this episode. Piper and Phoebe didn’t have much to do, but the little time they had was well spent. Although I’m a bit mad nothing happened with Phoebe’s moving out. It was a complete waste of story to have her search for an apartment in the last episode, if they were only going to forget all about it in the next. While we’re on it; the whole idea was a mistake to begin with. Phoebe has moved out twice before. It never worked out, but at least she had her reasons then. Now it’s just impossible top say why she wants to. I just hate how they’ve made Phoebe such a boring character. In seasons 1-4, she was my favourite on the show, but now she’s just plain boring and they never give her anything to do. Bad writers.

Something I did like, however was that Billie got a new role in the show. She’s not there to screw something up anymore, she’s not there to learn all about magic. That’s a very good thing, seeing as those story lines have been made thousands of times before and are starting to get boring. Now she really does help the sisters, and finally starts to show some respect for both them, and for danger. The thing that bugged the most with this episode was the ridiculously overusing of the zoom-button. In every scene of the hostage-plot the camera zoomed in and out whenever someone said something. It was really annoying and I sometimes felt like shooting the one that came up with that nifty idea. And I want to see more of the Big Bad of the season. We got a great peak of what's to come in Vaya Con Leos, and have heard nothing since. Bring it on, already.

All in all a good episode, with some exciting scenes and original demons, and a bearable Billie, for once.