Charmed

Pilot

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 01, 1998 on The WB

• Lori Wrong

3.9
    The unaired pilot of Charmed never aired on TV so the only way you can see it is by downloading from various places on the internet. The most interesting thing about this pilot is that there is another actress playing Phoebe. I'm not a big fan of Alyssa (actually, I don't like her at all) but thank god the producers decided to re-cast as Lori Rom can't act to save her life.

The episode has the exact same storyline as the normal pilot except for a couple of scenes involving different dialogue, plus the effects in this episode aren't brilliant.

Lori Rom is absolutely awful as Phoebe. You see that she hasn't had much experience compared to Shannen and Holly and she expresses no emotion, despite the shocking predicament Phoebe and her sisters are put in. It's understandable that the producers wanted a different actress as the character of Phoebe is dragged down by Rom's performance. You get the impression that she just wasn't interested in the material. There's also a different actor playing Andy, instead of T.W. King we have Chris Boyd. He doesn't make much of an impression here and his performance seems slightly forced.

As this was just a rough-cut version of the pilot never intended for public viewing, I didn't expect much from it. It's identical to Something Wicca This Way Comes except for the two new actors as Phoebe and Andy. Most people will probably want to watch this just because of that but it's hardly worth it.

Rating: C-