Charmed

Prince Charmed

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 18, 2004 on The WB

• Prince Charmed

Prince Charmed was a perfect episode of Charmed and I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of character and plot development. It was awesome to see more about Wyatt and his role. Piper meets the man of her dreams thanks to her sisters and he shows Piper the meaning of happiness. It was great watching the story unfold and seeing the sisters learn their lessons. I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • Yay, Just What We Need! Horny Witches!

Prince Charmed-After Piper vanquishes a demon from Wyatt's room, she has an epiphany about the rest of her life concerning Wyatt. Unable to handle Piper's revelation, Paige and Phoebe decide to remind Piper of the importance of love by conjuring up a "Mr. Right" as Piper's birthday present. Meanwhile, Chris uses Mr. Right to try to convince the sisters to bind Wyatt's powers, but demonic cult members kidnap him before they have the chance.

You know....remember when Charmed was a show about 3 sisters who happened to be witches who fought demons and protected the innocent? Well, at this point, the show resembles nothing like that...AT ALL! What we have here is half a$$ series about 3 desperate witches who get into silly situations every week and have no respect for themselves what so ever. Brad Kern must have been twirling his mustache and laughing all the way to the bank, because honestly, no show runner would let his series get this bad if he actually cared about it. But he obviously doesn't as well as the others writers, maybe Rose, Holly and Alyssa. Who in their right mind would look as these scripts and think they were a great idea. Honestly, I think the actresses were still in it at this point for the money orjust being faithful to the show for the sake of being faithful!

"Prince Charmed" could very well could be the worst episode of the series at this point in the show's run. Paige and Phoebe wiping up a man for Piper's birthday is just utter crap. Piper pretty much sums up the absurdity of their actions in one line:

Piper: "This is like something we would have done years ago, when we didn't know better, but now we do....at least we're suppose to!"

Turns out they don't. Paige and Phoebe look stupid for even doing the spell considering 1) Personal gain (which seems non-existent on the series anymore!) and 2) They already have boyfriends and them sending time making seductive looks at each other is just makes them look cheap. Eduardo Verástegui as David couldn't be more one-dimenstional and cheesy, feeling like he dropped out of some corny telenovela (which the actor infact has been in a couple!) He's just a dumb plot device used to make the sisters act like horny idiots! Since when is it so bad to devote your time to raising your son a bad thing? Why is dating and sex so important when Piper is just trying to protect her son? Since whendoes not dating anymore considered giving up on love?Like being in a relationship is the ONLYkind of love in the world!!? O_0I swear the logic and reasoning on Charmed gotten so low that the only way the sisters can be happy and normal is being with a guy. So much strong independent women we once knew! *headdesk*

Oh and there's some crap plot about a demon cult called the Order and Chris finally tells the sisters the "real" reason he came back to the past. I did love the sisters and Leo finally ripping Chris a new one, especially Piper telling him "I never want to see you again." Sadly, that couldn't help and the episode fails right into the "god awful" catergory. Oh and that food fight...how hilarious...NOT!

• Piper's interesting Birthday!

I can't believe Piper wants to give up and swear off men permenant or rest of her life!! NO way!! But lucky, Piper changed her mind, so she want love men so she can date men. The man, Paige and Phoebe conjured him to get present for piper for 24 hours, was pretty interesting. Piper was so uncomfortable in the beginning and in the ending of this episode, Piper miss him and loved him, was so cool! I am so glad Piper dont give up a love. It is very interesting episode, one of episode I watched in Season six.
  • An ideal husband

Piper makes the bold decision to stay off men and devote her time to raising Wyatt, which is quite possibly the most unselfish thing a Charmed One has ever done. Shame, then, that her sisters spend the whole episode trying to undermine her decision.

The idea of conjuring an ideal man has its merits but, yet again, turns out merely to be an excuse to have the sisters behave like a bunch of slags. I cringed when Paige and Phoebe started coming onto him at dinner and that food fight was just embarrassing. The bloke isn't even that nice!

I'm not sure what the writers were trying to prove here. The whole thing is totally out of character. As Piper herself says, the days of casting these kind of spells should be long gone. Instead of having her fawning over a meaningless grunt why not have her get back with Leo? Now, that would go down well.

The demon plot starts off well but is never given the chance to develop and ends up being extremely predictable. Not for the first time, a group of demons try to get hold of Wyatt but instead wind up dead. Some decent guest actors but not enough action. If this guy is going to turn evil let's just get on with it.

The best moment comes when Chris finally lets slip that he is in the past to prevent Wyatt turning evil. This does provide a bit of drama and I actually felt bad at the way he was treated. Still doesn't excuse the rest of the episode though.

Leo's gift for Piper is a nice touch. Fingers crossed the writers give us what we want before too much longer.
  • Very good episode.

7.6
    After vanquishing a demon from Wyatt's room, Piper has an epiphany and decides to swear off men so that she can devote the rest of her life to raising and protecting Wyatt. Unable to handle Piper's revelation, Paige and Phoebe decide to remind Piper of the importance of love by conjuring up a "Mr. Right", as Piper's birthday present. Meanwhile, Chris uses Mr. Right's influence over the girls to convince them to bind Wyatt's powers so that he will not turn evil. While Wyatt is unable to use his powers, he is kidnapped by a demonic cult, whose members believe he is the reincarnation of their former leader. This was a very good epissode but i felt sorry for Leo because Mr. Right got to hang out with Wyatt and Leo didn't really. And HMC had a very funny part to play in this episode and Darryl also visits.
  • Good or evil... which is wyatt?

In this episode which takes place on Piper's birthday, she decides she has given up on love in order to devote her life to Wyatt. (who is rather annoying at times, I felt sorry for Chris, Piper's second son, at several times this episode)

Paige and Phoebe create the "perfect man" for her, fairly boring guy..

Chris wants the sisters to bind Wyatt's powers in order to stop demons hunting him and trying to turn him evil. He uses sneaky tactics to get them to do this and loses their trust after admitting he is in the past to try and stop Wyatt from becoming evil in the future. This episode makes you so curious as to what wyatt will be like when he is older, will chris succeed or will wyatt turn out to be a monster? Very thought provoking which is the best think about this episode.

The other postive is that Paige and Phoebe seem to gell really well and have a few funny scenes. I also liked Paige's top, the lime and yellow one at the start. (random I know :P)

Unfortunatly this ep isn't quite up to season 4 standard. But otherwise fairly good. Slightly filler but not.
  • not my favorite episode. it wasnt terrible...but it wasnt good.

7.1
    im telling everyone right now...hott latin mr. right made this episode ALOT better to sit down and watch lol.

when piper says that she is giving up on men, Phoebe and Paige conjure her a "Mr. Right" for her birthday to try to get her interested in finding love again. HES HOTT. of course...just hearing Phoebe and Paige's plan, you know something is bound to go wrong...which it does. chris tries to use mr. right to his advantage and uses him to try to make the sisters agree to bind wyatt's powers, only wyatt is taken by a demonic cult instead and turned evil, not allowing anyone good to get passed his force-field thing.
  • The Sisters and Their Muscular Sex Toy #1

0.6
    Isn't this show supposed to be about female empowerment? Where the audience can see that young women don't need brave men to save them from evil? That they can kick ass all by themselves? I thought Charmed was supposed to be about that!? Not about the sisters acting like complete morons, getting all lusty over some Italian hunk!

This episode is just plain bad. The Halliwell sisters started on Charmed as three independant women, capable of leading perfect lives whilst steadily maintaning their Charmed Ones duties. They were empowering female characters and great role models for young girls. Sadly, this episode completely ditches that whole story by having the sisters portrayed as shallow, desperate sluts who are so lustful for sex that they conjure up some pathetic dream hunk to give them a bit of pleasure.

I have never been more embarassed for the stars of this show. Imagine how series creator Connie Burge thought when she heard what Brad Kern had reduced her characters to? She must of felt destroyed. She breathed life into this series and look what happened when she was forced to leave!

Honestly, seasons five and six feature some of the worst episodes in Charmed history and this definitely ranks as one of the most embarassingly awful.

The demon subplot feels tagged on and the ridiculous food fight is just pathetic.

Please, somebody hire some decent writers!

Rating: F
  • Theres room for improvement

This was definitely not a great episode. The main storylone was ridiculous. I don't understand why Paige and Phoebe would need to create a dream man. Piper giving up on love was not all that strange to me. It seems fair that she would want to concentrate on her son instead of going on meaningless dates with lots of men. Also, just because she says she is giving up on love doesn't mean she will never date again. There was no need for the 'Perfect Man' to be created.
    The only good part of this episode was Chris. I felt sorry for him, knowing what we do about Wyatt. He was trying to help (granted not in the best way) and all he got was rejection for his troubles. He looked so sad when Piper told him she didn't want to see him again. (if you know who Chris is, then this scene is even sadder)

Overall I'd say that this was a poor episode, although without the perfect man storyline it could've been better
  • Brad Kern should be fired

0.1
    I don't know how Holly Marie, Alyssa and Rose could agree to this utter degradation. I sure as hell know that Shannen Doherty wouldn't have if the world depended on it.

It seems like since Brad Kern started writing the episodes, each one has gotten worse than the other. I was apalled enough when The Power of the Three Blondes aired, being a natural blonde. But this episode tops that. In the first season, we saw three women battling evil, boyfriend and work troubles at the same time. It was a very original and solid story line. The only thing making this episode tolerable was the only sane character, Chris. Otherwise, the rest was apalling and tasteless.

I watched Charmed since I was nine years old, and it was a great show, I would've given anything to see each and every episode, now, I'd rather watch Bill O'Reilly.

I'd give this episode an F.