Charmed

The WB (ended 2006)

Catwoman87531

Charmed Fan Reviews (1491)

• The Ultimate Movie Review! -- @tss5078

On the surface, Charmed looks to be just another WB teen show. After all, the cast is loaded with former teen idols. Looks however can be deceiving! Charmed is a very solid mix of comedy and science fiction that leaves the fan craving more. I could sit and watch episodes of this show for hours!

Three sisters reunite for the funeral of the grandmother that raised them. After the funeral, they are going through the house and find a lot of things that lead them to believe their grandmother was into witch craft. After being attacked, investigating more, and being visited by some ghosts, the sisters learn that they are the decedents of a very powerful family of magicians. They are in fact legendary witches known as the charmed ones, who for thousands of years have been prophesized as the ones who finally tip the balance between good and evil to our side!

The show starts with them learning about their powers and ends with them trying to fulfill their destinies. Holly Marie Combes plays older sister Piper and while never the big name star of the show, she is by far the most interesting and entertaining character. Eventually the show comes to center around her and her family within the show. Personally, I think this is what saved the show after the early departure of one of its stars.

Charmed is eight seasons of magic, action, comedy, love, tragedy, and just plain fun. Being that it has a cast of all former teen idols, with low rating, on what is nowhere near a major network, the show didn't get the recognition that it deserved, but it is a terrific show! You can currently catch re-runs early mornings on TNT and of course watch it online. If you've got some time, I'd defiantly suggest checking it out!
  • Loved

I absolutely loved this show (ignoring the last season) was very addictive and I've seen every episode at least twice :)
  • bad idea of rebooting

seriously, the original cast will always be the one and only Charmed ones, Shannen, Holly and Alyssa - no rebooting please with other characters

the only thing I can think of is a spin off with Wyatt and Chris (Wes Ramsey and Drew Fuller) with guest appearances by the original cast
  • Dont ruin the magic!

This is stupid. They just want to make money on a reboot of a programme that should not be touched. Charmed fans and not to mention the individuals who were there in the making of charmed will be angered at this and will not watch them destroy what we all love. A reboot is wrong, having different cast members especially is all wrong!!! leave Charmed as it is. Create something new and different, you will have more of a chance in making money on that than you ever will on a bloody reboot on Charmed! trust me, real fans of Charmed will stand by the original and never look at the roboot.
  • charmed lover

i loved charmed its great
  • a great show

This is a great show i watched 1 episode and i was hooked and this show came out before i was born. And i love it i could watch this show all the time but i just wished theyd make more episodes new will always love this show
  • started watching charmed

i started watching couldn't stop for it was very good. the last episode in season 3 was so different and exciting! however when they killed off shannen, i could no longer continue the show. it just wasn't the same without her. she had so much fire and screen presence that she would make the whole show better. when she was replaced with rose, it was just terrible that i stopped watching it altogether :( i wish she can come back and they will redo the whole show.
  • show that i love

i really like watching the show Charmed i would watch Sabrina the teenage witch Angel Buffy the Vampire slayer and the show Charmed since all those show have end there as been any show on that i like watch i do like my babysitters a vampire but that the only show on that i like watching i wish the show Charmed would come and just airing with all new show i would like if there where a all new Generation of the Charmed ones...
  • White Magic

I absolutely Love Charmed. I watch in the AM's & I also have the whole set.
  • Magic + sisterhood + romance = AWESOME!

Charmed will always fill me with a warm, fuzzy feeling and i'll admit, although i don't watch it quite as often now, i still love it as much as i did as a kid! And yes I do own the box set, so reminiscing is as easy as pressing play.
  • The Power of 3

I grew up watching Charmed as a kid, it filled my life with magic. As an adult, I still return to the Halliwell Manor whenever I am ill or need a pick-me-up. It is part of my life and I still love everything about it.

Granted, the first 3 series with Prue were the best and I was always hoping for a return of Shannon D in the final series - but Paige does her best to keep the trio alight. Love the cameos from Cole and Grams.

Keep airing the repeats and who knows, maybe Wyatt, Chris and Melinda will get their own series.
  • the love

I love charmed
  • When I remember =)

When I was still a kid, I saw this how on tv. If you're kid, everything that has to do with witchcraft is amazing. So when the 4th season finished, I thought that was it. No more airing on tv.

And maybe after few years, while I was in high school, I remembered it, and I've found out that there's 8 seasons. So I sat down, and I've watched every single episode.

Amazing cast, amazing show. Holly Marie Combs was brilliant.
  • Classic

:-) great cast people
  • I L0VE CHARMED

i love this tv show and u need to make the next season already bcz i wanna know how all the kids from phoebe, piper, and paige come out and how the deal with all the demons and othe magical beings. so please please make a new season im sure alot of other people wanna know too.

sincerly

Nikki Attin (aka) a beloved fan
  • Just wanted to say that Charmed is like the bestest show!

I hope that Charmed may some day be picked-up again somewhere down the track and be brought back to air with new series.

I think Charmed has alot more to offer to its fans and its being cut way before its time.

BIG MISTAKE! Bring back the power of 3.

Charmed is a Classic!

I think the show has been something alittle bit different from any other show! I think thats has been the key to Charmed's success! Not to mention the beautiful ladies that make the show a HIT! Alyssa Milano, Holly Marie Combs, Shannon Doherty who sadley left at the end of season 3 and has forever been missed, and Rose McGowan who came into the spotlight from season 4 onwards and fitted into the big shoes of Shannon, And the many more wonderful actors who have come and gone in the series.

Charmed will be missed for many years to come!

For the fans Charmed has touched its fans in many different ways!:

*It has showen sibbling love.

*It has show that everyone is different and has there own gifts.

*It has its comedy moments.

*It has its greeving moments.

*It has mystery.

*It has action.

*It has fun.

*Charmed is a show that you can put on and watch for hours endlessly when your at home lonnley or bored, or need some cheering up, or even better when your home sick in bed with abig bowl of chicken soup!

*AND MORE!

I have found CHARMED always a pleasure to watch!

I will miss the show greatly!

So thank you Cast and Crew for providing the Greatest entretainment for the last 7 years.

My Hat comes off to you! Edit this review
  • Charmed Love it

I love charmed every month i watch season 1 through 8 all episodes LOVE CHARMED <3 I also love the characters

• Charmed<3

I love charmed too much, I honestly think its one of the best shows ever, it's such a good show which Combines comedy, drama and sci-fi. And everyone in that show does a great job. I love them all so much, charmed has the best cast ever. If I could give it more than a 10 I would and I just wish it was still airing. Halliwell forever <3
  • Charmed

I loved charmed, i used to sneak into our lounge room as i was not allowed to it as i was to young to watch the first few season when they first aired.

I am totally addicted to this show and watch the seasons over and over agian especially if i have had a stressful day at work! all except for season 8 which i was so disppointed in! what a pointless season, the only good part about the season was the very last episode when they went back in time. i could not stand Billie and her sister what annoying charaters!!! other than that though best T.V show!
  • Classic

I started watching Charmed back when I was 8 years old, I will be 18 in October! Ever since then I been hooked, I fell in love. I bought the entire series on DVD. I own the board game, about 30 books, 2 calendars. I always encourage people to watch it, I get them hooked. It's just an amazing show. Very good storyline, good actors, special affects. I just love it!
  • Charmed

I watched Charmed on netflix and it's such a good show.The ending was good too even though I wish that you could've made at least one more season!:( I like how the last episode was sort of funny because of Grams from the past,the mom from an older past,Wyatt and Chris from the future,and everybody else from the present.So they change the past,save the future,and also save the present all in about 2 days!
  • Charmed - The Next Generation of Great TV Shows

There were many great TV shows in the 1990's and earlier, but with the "pay TV" we have today it seems there are fewer and fewer great comedies and drama's: ironic since society was told in the 1960's that Pay TV would mean and end to commercials and instead we have Pay TV with as many or more commercials and less good programming.

When a series ends, sometimes it is an insult to society and the end of the TV series "Charmed" is perhaps one of the greater insults the multi national corporate brainwashing media (Orwell's Ministry of Truth personified that allows us to heinously engage in genocide against children and 'innocents' because our oil is under their sand).

I want to say that it is not just the backdrop of San Francisco, the girly friendship of the sisters, the tongue in cheek of the scriptwriters ("Why do the men we fall in love with turn out to be demons") and the rainbow cast of good and evil characters, but their is a deeper more intrinsic double entendre carried with the title of the series, "Charmed".

I've watched way too much television and 'Charmed' is the best Television series since Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek, the Next Generation, without a doubt.
  • Just relax and enjoy the show, but...

When Charmed originally aired, I wasn't watching a lot of TV and I missed the first couple of seasons. But my fiance (now wife) was a fan from episode one, and I started watching it with her around season 3. I have been addicted, for better or worse, ever since, and when I sit back and watch Charmed, remembering it is an Aaron Spelling TV production, there is much more about it that I love/like than I hate/dislike.

First of all, Alyssa Milano (yes, I am a heterosexual man). She is one of the most sexy and beautiful women I have ever seen, and just being able to look at her is enough for me.

Now that I have that out of the way, I love the overall concept of the show. I have been a fan of science fiction, horror and fantasy based entertainment since I was a little boy, and having a show based on good witches battling the forces of evil is fine by me. Being a father and grandfather, the added aspect of the witches being family (sisters), Leo and Piper getting married and having children, well, I just like the whole family "thing". It has built-in conflict and unconditional love, and I really connect with that. Also, even when a story/episode is horrible overall, there is almost always a good message about life and relationships in general that takes some of the sting out. Charmed is an attractively shot show, you can tell they used very high quality equipment to provide a highly defined, sharply colorful picture. Most of the time the special effects are very good to excellent, although sometimes they fall into lameness, like when Phoebe is flying on the broomstick in the "All Halliwell's Eve" episode. I feel that the main characters and regular supporting cast over the years were uniformly good to great actors and actresses. In fact, Shannen, Holly, Alyssa and Rose all had some outstanding moments. The two examples that immediately come to mind are Alyssa's turn at the climax of "Morality Bites", and Holly in part one of "Charmed Again"- they both demonstrate some big-time acting chops when given the chance. I also really like the sense of humor displayed at times, particularly one-liners like when Prue sees Leo in the shower and says "Nice orbs", or in the episode "Sense and Sensibility", when Paige writes "Demons lie", and Phoebe says "Yeah, but not about literacy!" Finally, the people working on the show would throw in nice little touches, like having one of "Charlie's Angels" guest star in "The Day the Magic Died".

So, those are all reasons that I rate the show with a superb 9.0. Now, when I'm in a critical mood and watch an episode, there are a few things that drive me crazy. Like, no matter the time, place or situation, every female character always has freshly glossed lips finely coiffed hair. Ridiculous! Then there are the clothes and costumes, particularly what the sisters often wear. Yeah, I know I am a male and ancient, i.e. not the typical demographic for this show's audience, but I know goofy and silly when I see it! And my opinions on that are backed up by my wife, who IS a woman and knows how to dress truly stylishly. Then there are the glaring inconsistencies that often pop up, like birthdates and when events happen on the timeline of family history, like Grams being the Necromancer's lover in 1933, but then a participant in the hippy/youth culture movement of 1967, with Patty implied as being a young child needing to be watched by her paternal aunt? Possible, but hardly likely in real life. Then there are the inconsistencies with the use of plot devices. Example: In "Charmed and Dangerous", the Hollow has to be banished back to its prison by a spell chanted by one good and one evil magical being (in this case, Phoebe and the Seer), but then in "Charmed Forever", the trio of good only magical beings (Grams, Patty, and Piper) do the trick. Doesn't meet the test of reliability in my book. I also don't like how characters and places of great power and importance in the magical world suddenly, and surprisingly, are introduced, like the Cleaners and Magic School. Why didn't the Cleaners intervene in "All Hell Breaks Loose", thus preventing the exposure of magic and Prue's death? Yeah, yeah, in "real life" Shannen was not returning to the show and that couldn't happen, but in the context of the show its pretty stupid, just like your're telling me that in all the years they are together, Leo never once mentioned Magic School to Piper, besides the fact wouldn't the Cleaners and Magic School be in the Book of Shadows? Oh yeah, thats another thing, the Book of Shadows is supposed to allow evil creatures to touch it, but in "Thank You for Not Morphing" the evil guy not only touches it, he picks it up and carries it to the front door! Whats up with that? OK, I'll stop now. One final thing, anyone who says the Prue/Shannen Doherty seasons are far superior to the Paige/Rose McGowan seasons is full of crap. All you have to do is watch execrable episodes like "The Wedding From Hell" and "Wrestling with Demons", or totally boring ones like "When Good Warlocks Go Bad" or "The Painted World", and you know I'm right. Also, season 8 should not have happened, at least not with Kaley Cuoco/Billie. Somehow the producers felt some "new" and "fresh" female blood had to be introduced because the Halliwell sisters were all getting into their 30s, but she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag (for reference watch her try to "emote" in "Forever Charmed" after she kills her beloved sister- I wonder how many takes they had to do without the other three ladies cracking up?), and its been noted by other reviewers, the focus went way too much on Billie.

Have I gone on too long? Maybe, but I don't think so because thats how much I love this show, when all is said and done. How many of you, like me, have watched every episode and put down in writing a synopsis, character development, body count, concepts and characters introduced, spells and potions and powers used, etc. etc. etc.? Thats right, "Charmed Forever" indeed!

• Good Show

Mostly I don't like mystery tv-shows but this one I liked very much. Until season 8. This one, I didn't even follow anymore.

And season 7 also was not very good but beforehand it I enjoyed it.

I started to watch Charmed in season 4 so Paige will always be my favourite but I also like Prue since I also watched the first three seasons.
  • Seriously talented and charming!

These beaus know how to fight and be beautiful at the same time! This is very appealing for youngsters and people who love a versatile show. The graphics, the makeup, the costume, and the visual displays really convey the feel of the witches. Each episode has it's own personality. Awesome!
  • The best show ever!

I love Charmed so much. When I was little and I had to go with my mom, I always by some of VCR cassettes and record every episode that I miss and I still have those cassettes even I have the whole series on DVD. I can watch them every day and I wouldn't be bored. This is the only series that I can watch all over again and I wouldn't be bored. Just like FilmFanatick said, this series will never die. never
  • Miss it

I seriously love and miss this show i remember waching it and being excited about the new episodes i have seen every episode and i totally miss it i loved the storyline and everything about it, it was so sad when the character prue died but i did like paige coming into the show it was great with piper and pheober aswell

i absolutely love it and miss it
  • Great show!

I remember this show! :)

My sister has all the DVDs. the first 3 seasons were kool. I didn't like the oldest sister. Her death was so weird/random/horrible acting.

I still don't like the new sister. But I loved Phebe! I wish her & cole had gotten together @ the end. Her ending up w Cupid (it had to be a C) was kinda random. Thye seemed to just pull that idea out last minute. They could have given him a cool name. Like Conner...

So what endded up happening to Cole? Hes an 'angel' over everything now?

ALso I didn't like how the VERRY ending was a random child. it should have shown them all together!
  • BEST. SHOW. EVER.

My entire family loves this show, we searched far and wide to find all the seasons. Now we own them all and watch them all the time.
  • What an amazing show!

This is a show that ended in 2006 and still has a massive number of followers. A series of magazines was published long after the show ended and a collectable series of comic books of what season 9 should look like, is currently on its 12th issue (i think). On and all, a show that will never die and people will watch it for years to come!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10