Charmed

The WB (ended 2006)

Catwoman87531

Charmed Fan Reviews page 3 of 50

• Charmed used to be one of those shows I *never* missed. But after Shannen left, it just wasn't the same. It didn't help when the WB kept shifting it's time slot. I couldn't keep up with all the changes.

Charmed used to be one of those shows I *never* missed. But after Shannen Doherty left, it just wasn't the same. Prue was my ALL-TIME favorite character on the show. She was such a strong female character--definitely a role model.

Tried watching recently, but didn't really like the new characters. Julian McMahon was another huge loss to the show. Cole was such a cool character. You never knew when he might switch sides! I loved all the trouble he caused.

It also didn't help when the WB kept shifting it's time slot. I couldn't keep up with all the changes. It's hard to watch a show when you don't know what day it's on! I personally think they should just end the show after this season.
  • Charmed never more.

I believe Charmed was the first show I was truelly obssessed about.It was so strong that even tho I don´t watch it anymore it´s the first one people say it´s my favourite. For me the hook was Holly Marie Combs definetly, but then I really liked the sister´s bond. Today I can´t watch the eps cause I find them silly.The script doesn´t please me anymore. I saw it till the ep Paige had to save a ghost,it was a terrible plot and it opened my eyes, after that Charmed never more.
  • I love the story-line of this show.

I love this show. I didn't like Shannon Doherty's so I'm very glad that she left the show. I like how the show is put together. I haven't seen it in a while and I heard that Kaley Cuoco of 8 Simple Rules is going to be in it. I can't wait to see her character.
  • The One with the Three Magical Sisters

6.3
    After "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", a vast array of television series with strong female leads came across our screens. Most of them, including "Dark Angel", "Cleopatra 2525" and "Birds of Prey" were quickly cancelled by their networks but one of the few who made it out un-scathed was "Charmed". A cutesy supernatural drama series which was aired on the then quite new WB Network.

"Charmed" follows the lives of three sisters who discover that they are the Power of Three, three women who must use their magical powers to conquer over evil. While the main premise sounds quite interesting, the show suffered because of its low points.

Series creator (and writer of the darkest episodes) Constance M. Burge left the show after the second season and her departure definitely showed. "Charmed" slowly ended up as an un-imaginative remake of what it once was with too much bickering and "comedy" moments. The demons on the show are much too easy to defeat and there is no real tension anymore as whenever one of the Charmed Ones is injured, Whitelighter Leo will always come along and heal them (even when their dead).

The performances are mostly mediocre. Alyssa Milano brought some quality to the show but ditched all of her talent in the later seasons to wear as many skin-revealing costumes as she is allowed to. Holly Marie Combs is a good actress but her wacky "I want to be the center of attention"-style performances mostly get the better of her. Shannen Doherty was good in the role of Prue but quit after the third season (she publicly stated that Charmed was an awful show and made for kids) and although it left a small hole in the future episodes, it led the way for the uber-talented Rose McGowan to take up her role as half-witch, half-Whitelighter Paige. She and Holly give enjoyable performances each week but all the cast are let down by somewhat weak scripts.

"Charmed" has basically been on autopilot for the past three seasons. They are getting better story-wise but if they don't continue making good episodes (which are few-and-far-between), I think it's finally time for them to end the show after 8+ seasons. Overall, nowhere near as good as "Buffy" or "Angel" but still a series which knows where it's at and doesn't try to be too serious or too stupid.
  • I agree 100%, this is my all time favorite as well. When Season 2 DVDs comes out I will definately buy it cause I love this show. It is awesome and I love it. My favorite character is also Piper.

I give this show a 10 out of 10. It is that damn good. I love it so much and I am also glad they are sticking around for another season. Like I said in the summary, I didn't really like Prue I don't have a reason. Sorry.
  • The Haliwell sisters Prue, Piper and Phoebe discover they actually are witches with great powers. They use them to fight the dark side, which usually means battling demons. When Prue dies, the sisters dicover another sister, Paige.

Wow, this show is allready on for soo long, but it never gets boring! The storylines are really good and there are plot-twists everywhere. What's also good in this show is the development of the characters. When Prue died,Piper went from middle sister to eldest, and Phoebe wasn't the youngest anymore. If you would take a look at the Piper and Phoebe from season one and those from last season wou will see what I mean. So I hope they will go one for a long time!!
  • Three sisters who are witches go through much struggle to keep their powers secret.

6.8
    Charmed was really cool at first. I enjoyed watching the episodes with Prue. I tuned out when they did that huge thing with Cole. That was too stretched out. Why couldn't they just kill Cole and get it over with? Huh? Sheesh! The newer episodes are awesome. I didn't get to see the season finale, but I look forward to catching up sooner or later. This show is definitely past its hight point though. They should end it soon.
  • This is the show to watch!!

I love this show! It makes you feel that there is some adults who actually have a thing for fantasy. To think of all the things they have on this show is unbelieveable!

I am starting to hate Piper because she always wants a normal life, which she can't have. I think give her her normal life and take away her powers, bet she won't like that.

Pheobe, omg, she is the best person and gets a lot of the cute guys. And lets not forget the loving of the demon. Then again who would not fall in love with Cole.

PAIGE!!! She is my ultimate favorite. She gets a lot of cute guys. She doesn't mind being a witch and she is also a white-lighter. That is the coolest girl possible.

Leo is the best guy you can ask for. I mean the fact that he can protect you using powers of healing(well, not anymore)

So I think I made my point of saying this is a classic
  • This show is about three sisterly witches that combine their power to defeat evil and save innocents.

I started watching this show a few weeks ago, and i enjoyed it right away! This is one of the best science-fiction drama shows on television. I hope they contiue adding more seasons! The actors on this show are brilliant. Such as Holy Marie Combs and alyssa malino. Please agree with this reveiew!
  • I wonder how it could have lasted this long?

3.9
    Of corse we have all come across a bad show but as time has gone on this show has seemed to become worse and worse. However I am only guessing by the few episodes I have seen and the many God awful previews for the next weeks episode. Every week comes another cheesy unoriginal plot that just seem to scream at me how bad this show is and I hope that some day it can be put to rest as it should have been many years ago.
  • "Charmed" is about three sisters, Prudence (Prue), Piper and Phoebe, who banded together to fulfill their destiny as the "Charmed Ones" and battle evil. After Prue died at the end of season 3, Piper and Phoebe found out about their half-sister Paige, who

I never watched this show until season 4, when Shannen Doherty was let go from the show. When I was younger, I watched '90210,' and was very glad when Doherty left that show. Sure, 'Charmed' has had its share of bad storylines and bad actors, but overall, it's one of my favorites. The show isn't so much about good vs. evil, which is one of its major premises, to be sure; it's more about our relationships with our families and how, even in the worst of times, we can all rally together and fight whatever it is that needs fighting. The program shows that you can't do everything by yourself, that "the power of three," or four or five or even two, is much better than the power of one.
  • This show is about three (sexy) sisters who find out they are witches after their Grandmother dies and try to balance their new job as witches with their normal lives.

This show is still good even though it was a little better in the earlier years. Tell you friends, they need the ratings. Maybe if Prue came back and/or the writers did their jobs like they used to. Sign this petition to get Shannen Doherty (Prue) back: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/PrueBackOnCharmed
    There are 730 Signatures so far...
  • drama series about sisters who have inherited powers of witchcraft.

An excellent show. Taking out Shannon Doherty and bringing in Rose McGowan did actually boost the show's ratings. The epic season finale of Season 5 was fantastic. Season 6, however went downhill with the weak and inconsistent plot. I thought that Season 7 was slightly better, but it was still pretty clear that the show was dragging on, and it's quite obvious that the time has come for this show to end. I don't know how the producers/writers are going to continue the story in Season 8 - after the finale of Season 7 made it look quite clear that the series ended there. Let's hope it will be a good season to end 8 years of brilliant!
  • The show was no doubt much better in its earlier years. The plots of the episodes are only losing this once great show its veiwers.

This show has definetly gone down in quality since its debut. Seasons 1-4 were much better than the more recent seasons. The decline in viewers has only resluted in the way that the network is attempting to gain more viewers (pretty ironic). This show used to be focused on sisterly bonds and saving the innocent, instead of the more recent, "Who can wear the smallest amount of clothing". Even with its quite pointless plot lines the show is still worth watching from time to time. It is the show's earlier seasons which prompt me to give it a 9.5 in scoring. But if I were to just score it one its two or three most recent seasons, this show would recieve around a 6.
  • Three sister (Pru,Piper,Phoebe)reunite to unlock their powers making them the Charmed Ones. With the power of three the sister fight evil demons to protect the innocent. During a battle with a demon, Pru the oldest is killed. The remaining sisters find ha

The first couple of years were great, but slowly got worst and worst. Character changes and sagas help put a little pep back into the show for instance the new sister and the evil Wyatt, future brother Chris episodes. Last season had to be the worst with the theme episodes.
  • charmed is a great twist on the classic witch,gost,monster story!

in the first few seasons of charmed they had shannon dourty play prue holly marie combs as piper and sometin malano as pheobe! prue was the oldest sister wit the ablitly to move things by thinking about them and how to b somewhere without really bing somewhere!pipers power is to freeze and she can also blow up things,pheobe can b in touch with other ppl's emotions and she gets premintions, in season 4 a new cast memeber came in to the pic after prue died this was rose mccgowan she played paigeherpowerwastoorbbc she was halfwhiteliderhalfwitch!

srryfornothavingspacesbcicouldn'tfitalliwantedtosay!
  • This show is my personal favorite show its too bad that shannen Maria doherty isent in it anymore tought the best part is in season 9 of charmed...

This show is my personal favorite show its too bad that shannen Maria doherty isent in it anymore tought the best part is in season 9 of charmed she is comming back and the funny part is it isent gonna be the power of 3 it's gonna be the power of 2!
  • The discovery that they are descendents of a long line of witches 3 sisters find themselves fighting demons and warlocks - sometimes each other. When they inherit a house from their grandmother and find the secret "Book Of Shadows," they discover that the

The discovery that they are descendents of a long line of witches 3 sisters find themselves fighting demons and warlocks - sometimes each other. When they inherit a house from their grandmother and find the secret "Book Of Shadows," they discover that they each have a special ability. The strong-willed Prue (Shannon Doherty, 90210)can move objects with her mind, reserved Piper (Holly Marie Combs, Picket Fences)have the power over molecules (Freezing, Explosions), and wild child Phoebe (Alyssa Milano, Who's The Boss) gets premenitions (Visions). Seperatly, each are strong, but it's when they work together as the "Power of Three" will they over come all evil and save the innocent. Each episode is full of adventure, suspense, and humor. After season 3 Shannon Doherty left the show, because of her views and differnces with Alyssa Milano. Shannon later bought part of the show ending up as Alyssas' boss, Who's The Boss Now. They Started season 4 with Prues Funeral and introduced a new sister Paige (Rose McGowan, Jawbreaker and Scream) the role of Paige was made just for her. Every since they added Paige onto the show it lagged a bit. Adding Paige made the show cheap she isn't funny, but the sultry sayings she does is a good touch they will never capture the same success again like when Shannon Doherty was on the show.
    I still give this show a 10 cause they went on this long .
  • This show is about 3 sisters with magical powers that have to fight off demons, save the world and protect the innocent, all while battling their own problems. Great series!!! A+++

I was skeptic watching this show being brought up in a religious family. I was really suprised, it is not all about devil worship and the stereotypical "witch" things and is VERY entertaining. I now schedule events around the show time! I have become hooked! I wasn't too sure at first that the show would do as well when they replaced Shannen Doherty (Prue) with Rose McGowan (Page), but they really made it work! I love the story line. This show is very engaging and the characters are great! The effects in the show are surprisingly not cheesy, they leave me wondering exactly how they are done sometimes. I really hope they continue with this series, it would be ashame to see it end!
  • Keeps getting better.

I've Only started watching Charmed about 4 months ago. I'm so gutted that i never watched it when it started years ago. I have watched maybe 45 episodes sofar, the show just keeps getting better from Prue (Shannon Doherty) Dieing to Cole (Julian McMahon) being Baltazar. The writters are awsom. The new sister being half whitelighter was a work of genius, the way she has Prues power but its different in the way she uses it. The show has all the makings of a show that will last for years to come. The show is lucky to have so much acting talent in one show, i can't wait to watch more episode and find out what else the sisters are going to get involved in next.
  • Hell hath no fury.

Charmed has it all, the drama the comedy the romance and the magic. If you like the magical world of wicca then CHarmed is the show for you. As for me being a practicing wicca I absolutely love this show. Although in some ways I think the show has gotten better since Shannon Doherty quit but in other ways I think it isn't as good. I think they should have Shannon Doherty guest star that would make for a verry dramatic episode, Because paige would finaly meet prue. Piper and pheobe would finaly get to see there sister again. It would also make for a great episode to end the show.
  • Charmed was off to a good start...but with the inflation of its ego and running out of ideas, it's transformed into something I'm happy to avoid.

Being a fan of supernaturally based shows, I thought I'd really like Charmed. At first, I loved it, and I was hooked on the repeats, watching 1 or 2 every day. It wasn't until I tried to watch an episode directly after watching Buffy, my favourite show, that I realised the terrible quality of this, and I physically couldn't do it.

When news came out that Angel was being axed, but the same network was keeping Charmed, I was furious. Angel, I'm sure many will agree, is a show that was taken off the air too early, and instead of it, we now have this. It is for this reason that I now boycott Charmed.

I think it's gone downhill since Season 4 anyway, when the episode plots started to get more outrageous and crazy, and the writing reached new lows. I liked the Prue episodes and the first season with Paige, but it's gotten worse since then. In earlier seasons, it accepted itself for what it was; a fun simple show aimed at a young audience that was just a joke; in the same league as Sabrina the Teenage Witch. But when it tried to put itself on the same level as shows it doesn't even come close to being as good as, and inflating its reputation as being much better than it actually is, I got annoyed.

To understand the level this show is at, it's worth taking a look at Spelling's previous projects, mainly consisting of soap operas. If Charmed is looked at from that point of view, it's a lot easier to comprehend why it's successful, and also why I want to ignore it.

Maybe I'm overreacting and being too sensitive, but I really think it's time this show was put out of its misery and cancelled, because it's going to crash and burn very soon.
  • I have been watching this show since it first aired. I love all the characters especially Paige. I love the acting and the story lines. I am enthralled with this kick arse show!

Ever since the first airing of this wonderful show, I have been hooked. I loved the way that the demons were metaphors for their personal problems. I hated the first big bad(s) I hated Rex and Hannah, they were too human to be demons. Then we were introduced to Barbas, him I loved. The Source was an under developed villian, I for one thirsted to learn more about him and his monions. To me it was dumb to introduce him and have him killed off half way into season four, he should have lasted longer. Then there was the dumb move of taking my favorite villian Cole/Balthzar/Souce/Avatar, and then have him turn into a love sick fool. He should have moved on from Freebie(my least favorite character). Enough about the villians. When it comes to the sisters I feel that Alyssa should have left instead of having Shannen leave, because Prue,Piper, and Paige would be stronger sisters. I hate how most of the episodes center around her and her search for love, a life, and everything else. Because of her Paige is a severly underdevolped character. Piper is also underdeveloped because all the writers energies are going into Freebie.
  • Perfect show!

I love this series.Yes,I know some people think it's stupid because of the demons and those stuff,but I disagree.The show is great,I only miss Prue:-(
    Paige is good too,but she just doesn't fit somehow.I mean her skin,it's too...white.Of,course Prue wasn't perfect too.In season 1 she was like a target to every demon,and it's stupid.Altough,I liked it when Prue was around,it was much more interesting.
  • Just my lil' opinion on how great this show is :D

I only began watching Charmed out of boredom on a saturday after work. By then it was in it's 5th season but I liked the episode so I looked into it. I've seen every episode now and i'm a huge fan of the show. I preferred it when Shannen was playing Prue though. All of the actresses are fantastic and every episode is unique and enjoyable.
    It's difficult not to get addicted to Charmed, you can't relate to the supernatural situations but you can really relate to the family side of things. My personal opinion is that it was more family orientated with Prue in it.
    The show is still funny and the acting is still fantastic and convincing. That's what keeps the show alive. I'm just hoping Season 8 wont be the last; However, watching the season 7 finale which could have potentially been the last ever episdoe I was really impressed. If it had actually ended then with that episode then I would have been absolutely fine with it because it was a really great ending-although I am elated to be getting another season...which hopefully wont be the last ;)
    Season 7 finished nicely and there were quite a few references to Prue in the finale which I was really pleased with, another thing I was pleased with was that although Shannen didn't return her character, Prue helped from beyond the grave in a way. Without her power of astral-projection Piper, Phoebe and Paige couldn't have survived.
    I think Shannen, Alyssa, Holly and Rose are great actresses and this show emphasizes how they can adapt to any situation and make it seem real so the viewer is engrossed in what is going on.
    If I had my way, then I wouldn't have wanted Shannen to leave and I would really like her to return even though that's highly unlikely. If the show ends i'll still more than likely keep track of the actresses' careers and support what they do, I still strongly support Shannen's career and I think she's a wonderful person along with Alyssa and Holly. I haven't really taken much of an interest in Rose's career other than the show but she is a great actress, i'm just sentimental so there's a lil' bit of resentment because I think Shannen shoulda stayed past season 3 to the present lol :D
    So yeah, Charmed is great, it should never end :D
  • Which witch is which?

6.4
    Debuting back in 1996, the show started out quite vibrantly and interesting. It was clear from the start that this wasn't exactly a deep or rich show, but pleasant nonetheless. Charmed is very lightweight fluff that's easy on the eyes and brain. Never as interesting and convincing as it wants to be, and it never rises above a guilty pleasure. With each passing season, the show becomes more showing of wear and tear. I think the show ran out of gas 2 or 3 seasons ago. Mostly, the show seems to be the same thing over and over again. Let's concoct a potion - demon in the house - new bad guy wants to eliminate the charmed ones - new bad guy wants the book of shadows - someone loses their memory - someone regains their teenage memory - someone is transported to another time and so on and so on. The show is hardly new or original, and the effects hardly ever eye catching or amazing(and a lot of times are kinda cheesy). The acting, with the exception of Ms. Milano, is pretty average and sometimes borders on the amateur side. Brian Krause is no shakespearean actor, and when he tried to act mad in last season's final, well, it raised more laughs than anything else. Rose McGowan kinda acts like a ditz, but Holly Marie Combs creates some kind of a foundation, although it seems like she has a small range of emotions. Basically, Charmed is Alyssa Milano. The show is her and she's the show. Even when it started with Shannon Doherty. Milano is the only one who can act, and has a nice flair for light comedy and some nice comedic delivery and timing. The show is long past it's prime and it's welcome, but it keeps getting renewed, even tho ratings have dropped horribly to about 3.5 million this season. Charmed moves pretty slow a lot of the time, and if you miss an episode or two, it won't really matter. Charmed lost it's charm quite a few seasons back.
  • One of the best series aired in the past decade and a top five series for the WB network. I believe that this series is like a fine wine. It just gets better with age, although it has dust on the bottle. Go Alyssa and the Charmed Ones!

One of the best series aired in the past decade and a top five series for the WB network. I believe that this series is like a fine wine. It just gets better and better with age, although it has dust on the bottle. The first two seasons were more or less worked to build up the series in stand-alone episodes. Season three is where it hit its stride. Right from the beginning, the story brought in one of my personal favorite supporting characters, Cole Turner (a.k.a. Balthazar). He worked extremely well because of his attempts at destroying the Charmed Ones while falling in love with Phoebe. Season four was great because it was Cole's turn at being the ultimate evil as the Source. Season five was, in my opinion, a filler to the point where Piper and Leo's son Wyatt was born. When Wyatt was born, there was an heir to the thrones. Also Cole got killed finally in episode 100. Season six was great because Leo became an elder and had to leave Piper. Along with that, Mr. Evil was an elder, Gideon, whom Leo had trusted for years. Then there was Chris, the baby and futuristic versions. Season seven was great and returned Charmed to its form from seasons 3 and 4. Leo went crazy before joining the all-powerful Avatars, leading the sisters to join and create utopia, as well as Cole returning in the 150th episode. A great television show with beautiful stars like Alyssa Milano and Holly Marie Combs. My call - - - WATCH IT!
  • Stupid Wordplay Episode Titles sends "Charmed" down the drain.

ok, to start, I have loved this show since day 1, but within the past 3 years, it has really sucked! I absolutly hate the wordplay! With episode titles like "Desperate Housewitch" (a new title for Season 8), that is so stupid!!!!! My god! I mean look at the titles from Seasons 1-4, the episodes look so intresting to me, like titles like "Wicca Envy", "Witch Trial", or "All Hell Breaks Loose". Then look at the titles for Seasons 5-7. They are spoofing TV shows, movies, ect. like "Naughty Nymphs", "Charmed in Camelot", or "There's Something About Leo". Now, they released the titles for Charmed's Season 8. Here it is:

8.01 Still Charmed & Kicking
    8.02 Malice in Wonderland
    8.03 Run, Piper, Run
    8.04 Desperate Housewitch
    8.05 Rewitched
    8.06 Kill Billie: Vol 1

None of those episodes sound intresting, no wonder ratings dropped so much! I will give you this, once you watch the episodes it is a lot better than they sound (Everything went down after Season 5, Season 6 sucks!)

Does anyone agree with me? I know I'm not the only one. This is all because of stupid/retarded Brad Kern taking the place of show creator Constance M. Burge as lead writer and executive producer after Season 4.
  • What's going on?

This show is a fine example of what can happen if it is neglected and unrecognised.
    The show's earlier years (1-3) were absolutely fantastic but since the fall of Shannen Dohertry the show has gone down hill fast.
    Now Charmed relies of ridiculous stunt episodes in order to boost the ratings, which isn't working at the present time, and repeats already overused plot lines which beings to make it incredibly boring.
    Rose McGowan is a talentless actress and her replacing the brillaint Shannen Doherty was a huge mistake on behalf of the producers. The show's latest batch of episodes did improve of year six but the problems are still there. Annoying guest stars or cheesy plots fail to improve this already dry show.
    My opinion is that the show should do everything it can to bring back Shannen or bite the dust.
  • It has had its prime and this review remembers the past- and the oh-so mediorce present.

6.2
    "Charmed" was an excellent show from an early point until just a season or 2 later. Unfortunatley, this show about the lifes of 3 sisters who are witches has definitley passed its prime and gone far, far away.

"Charmed" has had creative storylines and intresting characters, escpecially a heartwarming episode which was a keypoint in Phoebes and her the boyfriend, Jasons relationship. the episodes were filled with intresting sets similar to buffy adn well-explained villians as well as all-round good entertainment factor. Rose McGowan was proving to be an excellent replacement for Shanoon Doherty.

Recent episodes, however, have been truly boring and lacking what their predcessors had. The disapperance of characters like Cole and the introduction of charcters such as Nick Lachey's Leslie. Occasionally the performances of the leads are so boring you swear that they are merley moving cardboard cutouts. The supporting characters are the only thing holding it up and the like-Buffy effect has worn off.

I have given this show 6.2, becuase you cna't forget the past. It is sych a shame that a show like "Charmed" is destroying so much potential.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10