Charmed

Secrets And Guys

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 17, 1999 on The WB

• Prue gets a supernatural call to help a young witch. We find out that Leo is a white-lighter.

Prue gets a message on the spirit board to help Max. Max is a young male witch (I guess that powers are not passed down thru the female side as stated in previous episodes). He is kidnapped by thieves so he can use his powers to help them rob a bank. There is a good scene between Prue and Andy when she goes to him to see if he can help but doesn't tell him exactly how she knows Max is in trouble. Instead of getting mad Andy finds it humorous and says "I hear some strange stories Prue but yours are the most interesting" She just smiles and says "thank you". meanwhile Phoebe discovers that Leo is a white-lighter which is a sort of guardian angel for witches. We also learn that white-lighters are not allowed to have relationships with witches. We are also told that witches are never supposed to learn about white-lighters but the writers ignore this is future episodes when we learn all witches can even call for their white-lighters when they need help. Another key thing we learn is that white-lighters can heal. One thing that bothered me was how Max could dis-arm alarms (and even bommbs). Why would he know how to dis-arm something? It has a pretty good ending when Prue helps save Max and also helps Max's father forgive his dead wife for not telling him sooner about being a witch.