Charmed

Secrets And Guys

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 17, 1999 on The WB

• A young boy is kidnapped and Prue assists. Meanwhile, a secret is revealed about Leo Wyatt.

A young boy with magical powers is kidnapped and held hostage. He manges to contact The Charmed Ones via the Spirit Board which they regularly use. Prue, who is not particularly fond of children, nonetheless steps in to assist.

The girls had to find out eventually that there was something 'different' or 'special' about Leo Wyatt and it is Phoebe who uncovers his secret. Turns out he is a Whitelighter, a protector and mentor of 'good' witches. Phoebe, naturally, is a little freaked out by this but Alyssa Milano plays Phoebe so superbly that just about everything she says and does in the early seasons is funny. Not so much later on ...

I REALLY wanted to like this episode, but, I didn't it just felt forced and flat to me and I found the script very boring and most of the acting not much better. Not one I'd recommend.