Charmed

Someone to Witch Over Me

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 31, 2004 on The WB

• Suck My Guardian!

Someone to Witch Over Me-Agent Brody and Paige investigate when they discover that the demon Sarpedon is capturing innocents' guardian angels and using them to protect himself from the new power. Meanwhile, Piper and Phoebe encourage Leo to go on a vision quest to face his demons.

Meh! This was more or less "Muse To My Ears" all over again. The Guardians getting sucked up by an amulet by a demon...kinda familiar terroritory with the writers. The Guardians themselves feel pretty random in the Charmedverse, especially with whitelighters and Elders around. Also, how is it that Paige even has a Guardian angel when whitelighters are already Guardian angels for witches? O_0 But hey, I guess these aren't the religious type of Guardians and are just guies for normal people, it makes sense? Anyway, the demon plot is weak and the Celbrety demons or whatever their called are your average "Piper blows them up with ease" forgettable demons. Once again, the only real plot movement is with Leo and the Avatars, although, the vision quest was pretty lame. Not to mention, Drew Fuller....who still sucks. Also, it was such a tack on plot point, the vision quest is so brief and poorly concieved, not going very indepth with Leo's past. But hey, I guess the more important part of the story was the Avatars getting involved. I have to admit, this Avatar arc picks up well here, especially the offer he gives Leo. The Avatars' M.O. so far is really thought-provoking, a world where good vs. evil is no longer an ongoing battle and the world free from it's all: especially demons. You can't blame Leo from being so tempted by their plans, the fact that Leo allows them to turn him into an Avatar is awesome and cool, making you wonder what Leo will do next with his new position. All and All, a decent episode despite another throw away demon plot, at least the arc with Leo and The Avatars making things more interesting.