Charmed

Something Wicca This Way Comes

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 1998 on The WB

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 4

• The girls first recieve their powers and have an encounter with their first warlock, Jeremy, Piper's boyfriend. He gets close to her so he can steal her powers when she recieves them.

This episode shows us a fine example of what life is like with being a witch.

We see many emotions, including confusion, denial, acceptance and excitement.

We are able to see how the charmed ones will handle things considering they have no idea how to do so.

The episodes marks out the relationship between the sisters and also how Prue dealt with Phoebe's absence, and how she was extremely mad at Phoebe for leaving.

However, towards the end of the episode, we can see how the book of shadows, their powers and magic has bought them closer as sisters and as witches.
  • The power of three will set you free...

The first episode... It give a lot of promises for the next episodes - love, magic, conflicts, fights, envy, hate, action, fear and death. We could expect everything...
    Probably the most interesting thing in this episode is how the sisters accept their powers. Prue at first is confused but it handle it very fast and start to use it. Piper is scared and it will take time for her to start use her powers with a will. Phoebe is excited and maybe in this moment it's good that she didn't have an active power because she could use it not in the right way and to harm somebody.
    The next interesting thing was the meeting between Andy and Prue. We understand that he was her High school sweetheart but he leave and go in anothet town(I can't remember which it was...). The interesting thing is that he knows about her engagement with Roger and obviously he is still interested from her. I expect that we will see more from their relationship (past and present). The only thing that I don't like in him in this episode is his hair...
  • An exciting episode which sets you up for the whole series!

I have only just started to watch charmed mainly through re-runs and dvds, but what an episode to pull you into watching the rest of the series'. This episode is deffinetly worth viewing and sets you up for the excitement of which is to come. The actors which feature in this episode i feel are really strong and individual characters already especially with only being the first episode. The cast has been really well selected and each character well thought about and this deffinetly shows through this episode, i cant wait to carry on watching the rest and to see what comes of the Halliwell sisters.
  • The beginning of charmed. WOW!

I just loved this episode the beggining of charmed. The first time we met Prue, Piper and Phoebe. The episode first started off with Jeremy killing the first witch. Then Piper comes home and the connection of the sisters begin. It is 6 months after the death of grams and all of the sisters are together. i liked how It was Phoebe who found the book of shadows. It was quite neat how Prue didnt believe her and how she was using her powers without her knowing it. But the solution to defeat the warlock lied on the power of three. This was also the beginning to the drama of which sister is going to be with a demon. Just loved this episode.
  • the first episode where we find that sisters are witches with special powers.

I'm a late comming to the Charmed party but I'm certainly glad I was invited. For that I have to thank my 2 nieces. This was a great start to the series intoducing us to the sisters, their powers and their personalities. I immediatly fell for Prue as my favorite. I loved the way she came across as the protector of her younger siblings. The tension between Prue and Phoebe was a good way to start and I liked they way they put Piper in the middle to play referee. Piper has most of my favorite lines thoughout the series. This episode was the start of the quotes as when Prue and Phoebe turn down her suggestion of having a fabulous reunion dinner by storming off in differant directions. Piper then says "OK, we'll try the group hug later"
  • Every pilot should be like this.

And so it begins. One of the greatest SF series makes its debut. Three sisters reunite in San Fransisco, and soon they learn they all have powers, and now they have to learn how to deal with it. The episode begins slowly, by perfectly explaining each phase. The episode was written perfectly. It wasn't a stereotypical episode. It was as original as they come.

Each sister is an amazing actress, which adds an extra amazing look to this show. OK, so maybe this episode didn't have a super-villain, but it presented us the world of magical powers, evil and we saw how each person would react if they'd find out they had special powers.

Watching this episode only makes you want more because a huge world of possibilities opened and now we can't wait to see what's to come. Truly, this is an amazing pilot (every show should have a beginning like this).
  • Three ordinary sisters become the most powerful 3 witches ever.

This was an excellent way to start out such a wonderful new series. Gives much info on what it's about and what you have to look forward to in the upcoming shows. Phoebe really seemed to be lost and Prue was definitely in charge. Piper began as the peacemaker and ultimately was the heart of the Halliwells. Prues distrust for Phoebe is sometimes understood, yet shouldn't family come first? She learns her lesson well when prue finds out her fiance is no where near what she thought of him and Phoebe was true to her sister. But hard feelings take time to heal. Phoebe will work hard to gain prues trust. Piper will help her sisters become stronger together which makes the power of 3 even stronger.
  • Three very different sisters discover they have unique individual powers and will need to use these gifts to battle evil and save innocents

A grand opening of a spectacular series, the viewers get an immediate insight on the very different Halliwell sisters; Prue the eldest: headstrong and confident, Piper middle sister: unsure, sweet, Phoebe: Immature, fun. The three leads played the roles very well in this season opening, the acting was so convincing and it makes you feel that the sisters have known each other for years. The warlock Jeremy turns out to be a very creepy and sinister individual with a very cool list of powers. His vanquish was very well played out, unlike many of the later seasons vanquishes (particularly season 8) the special effects were very good considering it is the first episodes and their must be a tight budget

A 10/10 episode and a must see
  • The Halliwell sisters dicover their powers.

Very important episode to understand Charmed. I think it was very well written, they made things clear of how each character is. You can easily understand that Prue is the protective one, Phoebe the crazy younger sister and Piper the one that calms the other two. I thought that it was rather creative how the sisters actived their powers, very original. I specially enjoyed the scene where Phoebe and Prue are in the drug store and Prue throws all the medicines down. It was really funny.
    What I didn not understand is how someone can be so easily convineced that she is a witch. That part I didn't find it very belivable.
    In average, great episode!
  • The fun starts here!

This is the beginning of a show that is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Prue, Piper and Phoebe are three very special sisters with unique abilities. They were just three normal girls, until the day they found out that they were witches.

Each one of them has a different power: Prue has the ability to move objects with her mind; Piper has the power to freeze time; and Phoebe can see the future. Together they are The Charmed Ones, three sisters that fight the forces of darkness.

In this episode, we also meet Andy, a police inspector who believes that there are witches and his partner, Darryl, not so open-minded...

Here The Charmed Ones start they fight, vanquishing a demon named Jeremy, who ironicly was Piper's boyfriend.

But even witches have their own lifes, and they have to deal with their jobs and problems as any other person. Prue works in an auction house, Piper is a chef and Phoebe is currently unemployed.
  • The 3 Halliwell sisters discover they are witches...

What a great pilot episode! The 3 main characters - Prue, Piper and Phoebe are well acted by Shannen, Holly and Alyssa. The roles also seem well defined by the writers - with each sister having a distinct personality. The main story about the girls discovering their heritage and their powers is interesting and the interaction between the 3 girls seem like they are really sisters. The special effects for this type of show are also reasonably good. The main attraction to this show would be the 3 sisters - and even with some silly stories in the future, the acting of the 3 main leads would keep viewers watching...
  • 6 months after their grandmother dies, 3 sisters reunite in the home where they grew up only to realise that that's not all they've inherited from her.

Throughout the years, Charmed has come under ridicule by critics and even some of its long-time fans simply for what it became. Many love the way the series ended and many others hated it. It's become an issue that many fans don't agree on. However, no true Charmed fan can deny the absolutely amazing way in which this show started. The opening scene consists of a young witch being killed by a hooded man. This forms the basic plotline of the episode; there have been many murders lately of an occult nature. However, this isn't what draws the viewer in. The next scene we see 2 young women in an old manor. Instantly, the dialogue captures the viewer's interest and we become invested in the show and most of all, its characters.

Rating: A+
  • Charmed at its definitive best

charmed is always overlooked and is one of the most dismissed shows in the history of television...many many people and critics overlook the show because they see the show as not being a template of originalty as show in the more successful programmes and in many ways superior shows like Buffy the Vam[pire slayer,The X-files,Xena warrior princess.
    Charmed is certainly not a classic tv show...but it started out with such high adrenaline tht was lost throughout the course of the shows run.
    many remember the latter episodes of the shows run rather than the earlier gems in this shows crown.
    SWTWC is a fantastic way to start off a tv series and showed people tht charmed is a show to be indeed reconned with.
    it stars some great talent Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell the greatest witch(and my fave) of the entire shows run(well tied with Phoebe anyway)..she as the power of telekenisis.
    Phoebe Halliwell is plaed by the marvellous Alyssa Milano and is tied with Prue for being my fave sister on this show,she will show progression as a character as the show develops and has the power of premonition.
    and Piper Halliwell is played by the fun Holly Marie Combs,she makes Piper her own and has the power of molecular combustion.
    this episode doesnt contain any holes in the plot and remains a corker of a thrill ride...a must see for Buffy fans.
    the show is brilliant in its early seasons but it eventually fell flat towards its end...unfortunately:/.
    but season 1 is charmed at its definitive best.
  • Upon being reunited in their late grandmother's house, Prue, Piper, and Phoebe Halliwell receive the powers they were destined to have: telekinesis (Prue), molecular immobilization (Piper), and premonitions (Phoebe).

I have to say, not a bad start to an eight-season run. I especially love how the episode introduces viewers to the characters and their individual lives before showing us what each of the sisters can do once they receive their powers. It definitely set the tone for the rest of the series of them being sisters before witches. I give it 9 'spirit boards' out of 10.

Highlights -- Serena the witch lighting candles using only her fingertips (seriously, how handy a power would that be? :D); Phoebe finding and reading from the Book of Shadows; Piper and Prue using their powers for the first time; Phoebe goading Prue into using her power at the drugstore; the Halliwell sisters attempting to cast a spell on Jeremy; the Charmed Ones defeating warlock Jeremy with the Power of Three; and Prue using her newly-acquired telekinesis to shut the front door (also a handy power).
  • Phoebe returns from NYC to the house where Prue and Piper live in and their family has lived in for generations. Phoebe goes to the attic and reads from the Book of Shadows completing a ritual which fulfills the prophecy of the power of three.

A great beginning to this wonderful series. Witches are being killed for their powers. The sisters never being aware of their heritage are oblivious to their future until Phoebe finds The Book of Shadows in the attic and reads the incantation which triggers their powers to life.

Prue the oldest played by Shannen Doherty can move objects with her mind. Piper the middle sister played by Holly Marie Combs can stop time for a short period. Phoebe the youngest played by Alyssa Milano can see premonitions.

Now the Halliwell sisters are targets for the Warlock that is hunting witches. It seems that the prophecy is for the sisters to be the most powerful good witches ever and to help the innocent. Their mother and grandmother and those before them have all been good witches. Together they have the power of three which makes them almost invincible. Prue is investigating a relationship with Inspector Andrew Trudeau played by T W (TED) King while Piper is seeing a journalist Jeremy Burns. Jeremy turns out to be the Warlock who basically has been killing other witches and taking their powers while biding his time with Piper before she and her sisters powers are activated. Unfortunately for him he did not expect the three sisters to be that powerful that quickly and they easily banish him from our plane.

Beautifully set in San Fransisco this show highlights the cultural and scenic areas of the city and really is well produced. The acting is good even though the dialogue gets a little strained at times. This story was pretty well put together in general. It will be interesting to see where this all takes us for a ride. Thanks for reading...
  • wicca wicca

For this show in particular, I love that feeling of watching the first episode of a show. I just love how the Charmed one's discover their powers with Phoebe using the Ouija Board and it telling her to go to the attic, and she reads from the book, and all of a sudden they all have their powers. I love Phoebe's power of premonition and she has that vision while riding her bike and she saves these kids from getting run over by a car. I love Prue's power of telekinesis and she uses it to make her boss's pen explode on him and she makes all food fall off the shelves in the grocery store. I love Piper's freezing power and how her boyfriend Jeremy turned out to be a warlock and he did that cool fire thing and then she froze him and escaped. I love the end of the episode where The Charmed Ones vanquish Jeremy.
  • An excellent first episode to begin the eight-season run of this fantastic show which revolves around the lives of three (later four) sisters who have inherrited magical powers from their mother and grandmother.

Six months ago, Penny Halliwell, the much-loved grandmother of sisters Prue, Piper and Phoebe Halliwell passed away with a heart ailment. She was the girls' only family as their mother had died when they were young and it had been many years since they had seen their absent father.

One night, Phoebe arrives back at the family home in San Francisco after being in New York for several months. It is clear from the outset that relations between Phoebe and Prue are very strained but the middle sister, Piper, tries to keep things as light-hearted as possible. Meanwhile, there is a murderer on the loose in the city who, it seems, is killing people inbolved in the occult. Inspector Andrew Trudeau, at least, is totally convinced of this but others are not so sure.

Later that same night, Phoebe, while wandering through the house, ends up in the attic and finds 'The Book of Shadows', which is, essentially, a book of witchcraft which obviously belonged to both her mother and grandmother given the writing on the pages. Reading the book, Phoebe recites an incantation which inadvertently turns herself and her two sisters into witches - The Charmed Ones - the most powerful good witches in the world.

This episode sets the premise for the entire series as the girls embark on a life of witchy crime fighting against many different forces of evil, including Piper's boyfriend.

A great start to a marvellous series which deserves every accolade it did and still does receive.
  • This episode was a very interesting introduction into a wonderful series.

Prue and Piper live together in a house which was left to them in their grandmother's will, and their sister Phoebe returns to live with them. Piper welcomes Phoebe with open arms, while Prue is less than thrilled with Phoebe's arrival.

Piper and Phoebe are using the spirit board, when the pointer suddenly moves on Phoebe, and it leads the sisters to the attic, where Phoebe says an incantation, and unbeknownst to the sisters, they have recieved their powers.

Prue unknowningly uses her powers again her ex - and her boss - Roger, while Piper uses her to her advantage to complete her reciepe while Phoebe uses her to save two teenagers from being hit by a car.

In this episode, Andy and Darryl, two police officers, are trying to find the murderers of women. While Andy thinks the women are witches, Darryl thinks he is just being crazy, but they still attempt to track down the murderer.

Piper, Prue and Phoebe learn more about their powers, and they defeat their first demon. While Prue and Piper are a little nervous about their powers, and what they've become, Phoebe embraces it, something that will probably remain for most of the series (more of less).

This episode introduces us to some great characters, such as Andy and the sisters, and while right now it's confusing how Darryl fits in, don't worry, he'll have a more pivotal role in seasons to come.
  • Three sisters living in San Fransisco find out there witches after the youngest (Phoebe) reads an incantation from a misterous book of spells in there attic.

I started waching Charmed in the fifth season but stopped about a year later. About two years ago i started waching again. I bought the seasons and i now love the show. This episode was awsome becuse I did really wanted to see the first episode and when I finally got to it was really cool. I dident even know Prue was a carecter I always thought it was Piper Phoebe an Paige. I also really like Andy. He is the person that firmly belives something is out there and dosent know how close he is to being right. The guy who is blind to what is right infront of him. Over all this was good for a first episode.
  • Three sisters realize that they are the most powerful force of good in the world, witches known as the Charmed Ones. Starring: Shannen Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, T.W. King, and Dorian Gregory.

This episode needed to be great to recieve an audeince so the show can stay on the air. And they did that. They established that there was a feud between Prue (Shannen Doherty) and Pheobe (Alyssa Milano) without having to show you, and Piper (Holly Marie Combs) as the mediator. Also, they were able to show the upcoming and revival of the relationship between Prue and Andy (T.W. King). Also an event that happened in the past that is represented easily is the death of the girl's Grams, and the relationship with Jeremy (guest star Eric Scott Woods) and Piper. The powers were also well shown, and well described in what they could do. However, something that i really didnt like about the episode and the first season alike, at least part of it, was that they Charmed Ones seem insanely weak, and that they could easily have been defeated by Shax or if the Source really wanted them dead, he should have killed them right away.
  • The beggining of something great!

As i consider my self a huge charmed fan, writing about charmed's first episode it's something like duty.

The episode is directed really well. John T. Kretchmer creats a shady atmosphere that the charmed will loose in the future ( in the seasons 5, 6 and 8). The plot of this episode is rally good. I really enjoyed the rift between Phoebe and Prue. I realy loved the whole wicca plot although I think that Connie doesn't give a realy good explanation about magic but lets the vier learn with the sisters. I like Pipers relationship with Jeremy ( it forshadows all those relationships of the sisters with evil men).

Great scenes: The death of the witch in the begginning ( great camera angle,great direction that it can even cause you fear and great Kit introduction!) Phoebes arrival ( great acting by Shannen and Allyssa and great direction) Phoebe's first use of her powers ( awesome to see how the first innocent was saved and great acting by Allyssa and Kit), Piper in the elevator with Jeremy ( great acting by Holly, great camera angle and great direction), first vanquish (good acting by all and great direction)

Bad scenes: Piper's first use of her Powers ( anxious acting by Holly)

As you can see I really like this episode and I think that this is a great beginning for a great show!
  • Just seen for the first time after watching quite a bit of the last two seasons and well I have to say that, it was OK

Up till last month I had only seen a couple of episodes of Charmed, the one that stuck in my mind featured the Star Trek/Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey cliff with the pointy Rock some Demon and and an overpass, I was extremely underwhelmed. Then I saw quite a bit of the last 2 Season's when my brother started recording them each day. Where as they mainly seemed budget constrained (not many outdoor locations and far too much of that cave set) they were reasonable enough to be entertaining (although Rose Mcgowan's face pulling was annoying). So I was very intrigued to see the Pilot episode.

The first thing I noted was that there seemed to be far more scope and far more locations used. Prue who I know gets killed or something at the end of Season 3 was very different to Paige, she's far more serious, acting at times like an overbearing mother. This felt a little out of place although I'm assuming for the sake of the series she calms down a little later on. Although I haven't seen it yet so I wouldn't know. Phoebe in the later series seemed to be the only one that had a proper job so its funny here to have Prue complain about her having no sense of direction. I'm also intrigued to see why Piper changed direction from Chef to Nightclub owner.

So basically it had potential to grow from what is seen here. The powers are not all that amazing and nothing that hasn't been seen before although it's aiming for a light tone as well so It's not surprising. The cop/mystery/witch killer thing could have been played out for a few more episodes though as the reveal was a little too underplayed.
  • Sisters 3 Become The Power of 3

Something Wicca This Way Comes-Phoebe returns to San Francisco after losing her job to live with her older sisters, Prue and Piper. During their first night together in their grandmother's house, Phoebe finds a book of witchcraft and recites an incantation that leaves the sisters three with powers they were destined to have. After the commercial and criticial success of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, TV execues soon jumped on female empowerment craze by creating other shows like Dark Angel and Alias years later. But first series to really capitalize on the Buffy premise was Charmed. A series created by the lovely Constance M. Bruge and produced by legendary TV producer Aaron Spelling, Charmed centered around lives of 3 normal, everyday sisters who would discover they were powerful witches. As the Charmed Ones, these sisters would use their magic to battle the forces of evil on a weekly basis and at the same time, try to balance demon fighting with their normal lives. Despite dreadful pilot and quick recasting of the youngest sister Phoebe, Charmed debuted in the fall of 1998 with the highest ratings for the still young network the WB with 7.7 million viewers watching the series premiere. TV magic was literally born as Charmed felt fresh and exciting!

What really works of the series premiere is how well our 3 leading ladies work so well together. Ex-90210 star Shannen Doherty is great as Prue, the eldest sister who is very strong willed and responsible for the family. Holly Marie Combs is wonderful as Piper, the well rounded and passive middle sister. Lastly, there the free-spirit trouble making youngest sister Phoebe played with a lot of energy by Alyssa Milano of "Who's the Boss" fame. There's an instant chemistry between all 3 women and you really believe they are sisters who are forced to live together again as Phoebe returns from New York. When their powers come to play the episode only gets better, as each sister discovers they're power in great ways. Prue mistakely uses her telekinesis choke her ex-fiance Roger, Piper freezes a chef while trying to get a job at Bukelands, and Phoebe gets a premonition of 2 skaters getting hit by a car. The metaphor for sisterhood is one of the series' primary premise and the revelation of being witches helps develop the characters already. One of the best scenes that does this is Prue and Phoebe's mini-agrument about their astranged father who left them which results in Prue's power hilariously causes chaos in the medicine aisle.

Piper's boyfriend, Jeremy, turning out to be a warlock is well played twist and makes for a good first villain for the sisters. The make-up that transforms his into hideous demon is quite stunning. The special effects, on the other hand are very uneven. The scene where the sisters curse Jeremy and disfigure is excellent yet the scene where Jeremy creates a circle of fire around them is horribly done. Atleast, the episode is filled with suspenseful scenes like the shocking opening teaser, the spirit board coming alive, Phoebe discovering the Book of Shadows and awakening the Charmed Ones' powers. Also supporting cast, Ted King and Dorian Gregory, are entertaining as Inspector Andy Trudeau and Inspector Darryl Morris. "Something Wicca This Way Comes" is a terrific start to this bewitching series that will have many up and downs through it's run, but it started out pretty darn well!
  • The Power of Three will set us Free.

Wow, the first aired episode. A natural classic, of course. Prue, Piper and Phoebe learn they are the most powerful good witches of all time after Phoebe reads an incantation out of their familys' much coveted Book of Shadows. Each born with a certain power, Prue recieves telekenisis, Piper gains the power to freeze time, and Phoebe has premonitions of the future. When they ban together they form The Power of Three which is the most strongest power known to magic. Together they must ban together to fight the evil that comes after them and save innocent lives along the way. An exciting start to an 8 year thrill ride.
  • The first episode.

The first episode of Charmed. Phoebe returns from San Fransisco after their grandmother past away. Phoebe's return is unwelcome to Prue, because they have a huge fight before. Phoebe Halliwell is played by Alyssa Milano, Piper Halliwell is played by Holly Marie Combs and Prue Halliwell is played by Shannen Doherty. Piper is having a date with her boyfriend, which turn out to be a warlock. So dangerous, luckily she becomes a witch before her warlock boyfriend kills her. Good episode and exciting, the sisters power are not strong enough but they still manage to kill the warlock. Congratulations! You ladies have done a very good job!
  • The start of something great

I have seen this episode so many times I just thought I would write a review for it. The show is now finished of course but I still enjoy watching it from time to time. The sisters are sexy the plot is amazing and the magic is something I wish I could posess. I really enjoyed watching this episode as I knew that this was going to be a very successful programme. I like that the programme doesn't just revolve around the sisters magic. They have a personal life that gives the show that edge we all know and love. This was a great first episode.
  • Definitely a strong start to the series.

Something Wicca This Way Comes may not be the best episode of season one, but it definitely was an enjoyable pilot episode. The characters are introduced gradually, allowing us to get a broader look at their personalities as the episode goes on. It reveals information gradually, instead of heaping everything on at once, and the storyline is enough to keep you interested.

Granted, the warlock storyline of the episode isn't really spectacular, but it's good enough. The episode really focuses more on the three sisters discovering their powers and fighting to come to terms with the fact that they're witches. The vanquish at the end just kind of feels a little rushed and comes off as a bit cheesy. The other elements of the episode make it worth watching more so than the villain, such as the introduction of the Prue/Andy relationship that will be prominent throughout the season and the revelation of each of the sisters powers.

There are a few things about the episode that are a bit off, such as the fact that the sistes didn't really seem so skeptical about the idea of magic. Why reprimand Phoebe for reading an incantation if you don't even believe magic exists? But aside from a few such minor details, this is an all around good episode and a nice introduction to the series.

The thing about this first episode is that it's different from the pilot episodes of most shows. Unlike many series premiere's, Charmed doesn't rely on clichés in its dialogue or in its characters. When we see these 3 women interact, we see their character traits and qualities without the use of overly witty-yet-unrealistic words. Yes, to a certain extent, Charmed's premiere episode could be classified as clichéd or unoriginal yet there's a certain uniqueness about it that makes it stand out from others. Not many shows can make you love the main characters within the first episode. Sure, in every series premiere, there's one character you really like. Yet from the get-go, Charmed makes you instantly fall in love with at least one of the main female characters. Be it Prue, the headstrong and independent eldest sister or Piper, the shy and reserved middle sister, or Phoebe, the young wild-child that just arrived from New York. What I'm trying to get at here is that most television shows these days go for the flashy, big-budget stuff or with the wit and quirky dialogue for their first episodes. Charmed does neither yet shines more so than any of those ever could. The reason being that it focuses more on its characters and dialogue than it does in trying to be hip or flashy. And that's where it succeeds. In about 45 minutes, it gives us these 3 great characters whose lives we get invested in from the moment we see them. Whether you think Charmed ended on a good or bad note, there's no denying that it started amazingly. The premiere episode is nothing spectacular compared to what's to come with this series yet there's a blatant modesty about it. It doesn't use cheap parlour tricks to engross the viewer. It simply is what it is. With great writing, great acting and a great beginning, this episode is a must-see for any Charmed fan. And most definitely worth the time of watching again and again and again… Rating: A+
  • The first episode of Charmed.

Charmed was such a great T.V show. The pilot episode is no diffrent to the rest of the show and in fact is one of the best episodes because it is the pilot which introduces everyone. Prue and Piper Haliwell live in their ansetsters house and have not talked to their sister, Phobie for months. Prue hates her because she thinks she sleep with her boyfriend. But Piper is keeping contact with her and now has to tell prue that phobie is coming to live with them. Soon after Phobie moves in the house, the sisters discover's that they are witch's and their ansecters are witch. Piper has the power to freeze time, Phobie can see the future and prue can move objects withher mind. Now, they are being hunted by a demon................
  • Prue, Piper and Phoebe become witches

This was a rather interesting pilot.

I loved the rocky relationship between Prue and Phoebe. It was great to see Piper always having to break up their almost fights and trying to get them to get a long.

It was interesting to see that they didn't really notice that they had their powers until after they had used them. I enjoyed Prue and Roger and the ink from the pen and the tie. Seeing that was amusing because she didn't even know she had done anything. I loved how Piper just randomly froze the chef when he was sampling her food. Phoebe having that vision while riding her bike was interesting as well.

It really sucked that Piper's boyfriend was the bad warlock guy here because Piper was the character that you automatically love. You wouldn't have expected him to be the bad guy either because they had been dating for some time.

I loved Andy and his partner. It was great to hear them talking about UFOs and witches and whether or not they believed in those things. They were just amazing and amusing.

I loved the relationship between Prue and Andy because it was there in the open but not there, which made it so awesome.

Seeing Prue dealing with her magical powers was great. I loved Phoebe trying to make her angry and telling her that's what made her use her powers. It was brilliant to see the aspirin fly through the drug store.

It was great to see the trio embrace their power in the end though to vanquish the evil guy. This was a pretty good start to a good series.
1 2 3 4