Charmed

Something Wicca This Way Comes

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 1998 on The WB

Episode Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• This episode started the fasination with Charmed for me.

This episode started the fasination with Charmed for me. I am one of three sisters, and we all have a fun time watching this show together. This is the show that started it all. These three sisters are reunited for the first time in years and they discover that their ancestors were all witches, and that they are witches as well. Piper has the power to freeze, Prue has the power to move things with her mind and Phoebe has the power of premonition. Their powers pull them closer together then they have ever been, forces then to evaluate their relationship not only as sisters, but as the most powerful magical beings as well.
  • I love this episode. This is one of my favorite episodes. This is the episode that started the whole series.

Phoebe (youngest sister) returns to San Francisco after losing her job to live with her older sisters, Prue (oldest sister) and Piper (middle sister). During their first night together in their grandmother's house (known as the manor), Phoebe finds a book of witchcraft (the book of shadows) and recites an incantation that leaves the three sisters with powers they were destined to have. Pru being able to move things with her mind, telekenesis. Piper having the power to freeze things, temperal stasis. And Phebe having the power to see into the future, preminition. As they get older their powers will get stronger grow. Wich means they will get more powers.

• Phoebe returns to San Francisco after losing her job to live with her older sisters, Prue and Piper. During their first night together in their grandmother's house, Phoebe finds a book of witchcraft and recites an incantation that leaves the sisters with

Phoebe returns to San Francisco after losing her job to live with her older sisters, Prue and Piper. During their first night together in their grandmother's house, Phoebe finds a book of witchcraft and recites an incantation that leaves the three sisters with powers they were destined to have to save the innocents!Three sisters (Prue, Piper and Phoebe) reunite and unlock their powers to become the Charmed Ones - the most powerful witches to exist. Now they must vanquish evil and save innocents while living their lives as normal women in the real world. Life isn't so easy when you're Charmed.

In Season 4, half-sister Paige took over for the dearly departed Prue, to once again form the Charmed Ones and fight evil and save innocents.

• Perfect to start a great show.

3 great actresses playing three powerful witches. I was always into paranormal stuff and all shows with magic and witches are usually cartoons. I was glad to see such a storyline of magic and fantasy to be mixed in the real world of love and drama. The pilot showed the Charmed Ones recieve and use their powers for the first time. For a starter episode, it was funny dramatic and it kept me interseted through the full hour.
  • The beginning

They just restarted reruns of Charmed today and I forgot how much I forgot about this episode. I liked it a great deal. I thought The sisters acted appropiately when they first found out they were witches. I thought there was a great deal of humor in this episode. Like when Pheobe and Pru were in the drug store and Pheobe provoked Pru and all the stuff fell off the shelves. Or when Pru got angry and tightened the tie. I liked Pipers face when she first froze the chef testing her food. It was a show that was a good lead into "The Charmed Ones"
  • Fine Example

This episode is a fine example of what Charmed stands for, Three sisters who happen to be witches. it brings through fine Wiccan traditions, the Witch reciting a protection spell because she feels someone is watching her, a feeling that was true, and through what they say, you can find out why Phoebe left in the first place and then she tells you why she came back.
1 2 3 4 >