Charmed

Something Wicca This Way Comes

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 1998 on The WB

• 6 months after their grandmother dies, 3 sisters reunite in the home where they grew up only to realise that that's not all they've inherited from her.

Throughout the years, Charmed has come under ridicule by critics and even some of its long-time fans simply for what it became. Many love the way the series ended and many others hated it. It's become an issue that many fans don't agree on. However, no true Charmed fan can deny the absolutely amazing way in which this show started. The opening scene consists of a young witch being killed by a hooded man. This forms the basic plotline of the episode; there have been many murders lately of an occult nature. However, this isn't what draws the viewer in. The next scene we see 2 young women in an old manor. Instantly, the dialogue captures the viewer's interest and we become invested in the show and most of all, its characters.

The thing about this first episode is that it's different from the pilot episodes of most shows. Unlike many series premiere's, Charmed doesn't rely on clichés in its dialogue or in its characters. When we see these 3 women interact, we see their character traits and qualities without the use of overly witty-yet-unrealistic words. Yes, to a certain extent, Charmed's premiere episode could be classified as clichéd or unoriginal yet there's a certain uniqueness about it that makes it stand out from others. Not many shows can make you love the main characters within the first episode. Sure, in every series premiere, there's one character you really like. Yet from the get-go, Charmed makes you instantly fall in love with at least one of the main female characters. Be it Prue, the headstrong and independent eldest sister or Piper, the shy and reserved middle sister, or Phoebe, the young wild-child that just arrived from New York. What I'm trying to get at here is that most television shows these days go for the flashy, big-budget stuff or with the wit and quirky dialogue for their first episodes. Charmed does neither yet shines more so than any of those ever could. The reason being that it focuses more on its characters and dialogue than it does in trying to be hip or flashy. And that's where it succeeds. In about 45 minutes, it gives us these 3 great characters whose lives we get invested in from the moment we see them. Whether you think Charmed ended on a good or bad note, there's no denying that it started amazingly. The premiere episode is nothing spectacular compared to what's to come with this series yet there's a blatant modesty about it. It doesn't use cheap parlour tricks to engross the viewer. It simply is what it is. With great writing, great acting and a great beginning, this episode is a must-see for any Charmed fan. And most definitely worth the time of watching again and again and again…

Rating: A+
  • The Bangs, the Boobs, and the One with the Crazy Eyes

After the success of their other paranormal show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the WB commissioned a TV series centered around three sisters who discover that they are destined to be witches. Witches who protect the world from evil every week.

The first episode, entitled Something Wicca This Way Comes is a perfect introduction to the series. The three leads all seem perfectly fine with their roles and it does seem like they've known each other for years. The plotline, about a warlock killing witches, isn't exactly original but still brings up some interesting twists and shocks. The revelation that Jeremy is the warlock is a nice twist and the way he can create fire from his fingertips is a really cool special effect. Speaking of special effects, they do look slightly poor by today's standards, but back then, they looked amazing. Apart from two scenes of bad FX (the fire surrounding the sisters and Jeremy's face morphing), the rest of the effects are excellent.

A couple of annoyances: Prue is written as a moody drama queen throughout. It seems like the network didn't like Prue's pissed off attitude and had her become nicer from episode two onward. This was obviously a good decision, as she would of ended up a one-note character if she continued being angry for no apparent reason. All-in-all, this is a good introduction to the series with good performances from all the main cast and good writing from Connie Burge.

Director: John T. Kretchmer
    Writer: Constance M. Burge
    Rating: B+
  • There is always something special about your first.

This first episode is a darker realism than the episodes that immediately follow. There is a lot of exposition as the foundation of Charmed is poured. The action follows very quickly as Jeremy is uncovered and vanquished in rapid fashion. It is all very quaint compared to later effects.

The immediate strength of the series is the actresses and the sisterly bond between them. Their roles as strong and prudish elder, very innocent and worrying middle, and fearless free spirited youngest are clearly defined and believably portrayed. I liked the spirit board and the discovery of the attic. I found it interesting that it was Phoebe who pretty much ushered in their lives as witches. Much like when Paige goes on her superwitch push, Phoebe is excited about the new frontier. Piper is predictably hesitant and Prue is doubtful but accepting.

How huge was it that Alyssa Milano came in to be Phoebe? Most of the cumbersome exposition necessary for a first episode in this genre falls on Phoebe's shoulders, and Alyssa pulls it off smoothly. I thought the guys got off to a slow start, but much of that might have been the script, which was a little ponderous with the guys at the start. It all works though. Great start.
  • What a way to start a new series. Intriguing and a perfect way to introduce the main characters and give them their powers.

So the first episode of Charmed is very good, and happens to be the episode I have seen the most times. I usually don't like pilot episodes, because they need so much to create a liking, and in some cases, an addiction for the series in question. Something Wicca This Way Comes really manages at this point. It introduces the main characters and set up their history together. The differences between the sisters (mainly between Phoebe and Prue) are very early on clear for the viewer.

The sister's receiving their powers is very well portrayed and it's fun to see them struggle with the fact that they're witches, and the problems of having powers. The main trio work really well together and that sisterly feeling is really there. They also set some rules for the fine art of demon (or in this case Warlock) vanquishing. Ted and Shannen work really well together and Andy and Darryl's relationship is so great. I'm also stunned by the sweetness of Piper's character, the adorable childishness of Phoebe's and the determined stubbornness of Prue's.

This episode is mainly about the sister's receiving their powers, and fighting off Jeremy. It's very exciting, and really showed what the future episodes would be like. All in all a very exciting episode with all the humour and wonderful characters that came to make Charmed my favourite series of all times.
  • The beginning of charmed. WOW!

I just loved this episode the beggining of charmed. The first time we met Prue, Piper and Phoebe. The episode first started off with Jeremy killing the first witch. Then Piper comes home and the connection of the sisters begin. It is 6 months after the death of grams and all of the sisters are together. i liked how It was Phoebe who found the book of shadows. It was quite neat how Prue didnt believe her and how she was using her powers without her knowing it. But the solution to defeat the warlock lied on the power of three. This was also the beginning to the drama of which sister is going to be with a demon. Just loved this episode.
  • The fun starts here!

This is the beginning of a show that is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Prue, Piper and Phoebe are three very special sisters with unique abilities. They were just three normal girls, until the day they found out that they were witches.

Each one of them has a different power: Prue has the ability to move objects with her mind; Piper has the power to freeze time; and Phoebe can see the future. Together they are The Charmed Ones, three sisters that fight the forces of darkness.

In this episode, we also meet Andy, a police inspector who believes that there are witches and his partner, Darryl, not so open-minded...

Here The Charmed Ones start they fight, vanquishing a demon named Jeremy, who ironicly was Piper's boyfriend.

But even witches have their own lifes, and they have to deal with their jobs and problems as any other person. Prue works in an auction house, Piper is a chef and Phoebe is currently unemployed.
  • Charmed at its definitive best

charmed is always overlooked and is one of the most dismissed shows in the history of television...many many people and critics overlook the show because they see the show as not being a template of originalty as show in the more successful programmes and in many ways superior shows like Buffy the Vam[pire slayer,The X-files,Xena warrior princess.
    Charmed is certainly not a classic tv show...but it started out with such high adrenaline tht was lost throughout the course of the shows run.
    many remember the latter episodes of the shows run rather than the earlier gems in this shows crown.
    SWTWC is a fantastic way to start off a tv series and showed people tht charmed is a show to be indeed reconned with.
    it stars some great talent Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell the greatest witch(and my fave) of the entire shows run(well tied with Phoebe anyway)..she as the power of telekenisis.
    Phoebe Halliwell is plaed by the marvellous Alyssa Milano and is tied with Prue for being my fave sister on this show,she will show progression as a character as the show develops and has the power of premonition.
    and Piper Halliwell is played by the fun Holly Marie Combs,she makes Piper her own and has the power of molecular combustion.
    this episode doesnt contain any holes in the plot and remains a corker of a thrill ride...a must see for Buffy fans.
    the show is brilliant in its early seasons but it eventually fell flat towards its end...unfortunately:/.
    but season 1 is charmed at its definitive best.
  • A terrific series premiere. One of the best ever! This shows how it all started. Did I mention one of the best ever?

This was a very special episode! It has everything a great series finale should have. Like being funny. Some drama. Some action. All in all, a bit of every genra. (Sorry if I spelled that wrong.) One of the best episodes ever!!!! Definetly one of a kind. It also shows how good the next episodes, seasons and everything are gonna be!!! The only series premiere that can rival this is "Welcome to the Hellmouth" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Very well written. Shows why this series is so great. Incredibly incredible. Terrificly terrific. Fantasticly fantastic. Have I said enough? Oh well.
  • I thought this episode was great, and a wonderful way to start the show.

When this episode aired, you could tell the show would be big. This episode was awesome, and I think season one and two are the best seasons. I miss the stand-alone episodes where each week they'd have a different innocent to save, and a different demon to vanquish. Oh well.

I can't imagine what this episode would be like with Lori om as phoebe, but nevermind, I don't have to worry about that since Lori quit.
  • Phoebe returns from NYC to the house where Prue and Piper live in and their family has lived in for generations. Phoebe goes to the attic and reads from the Book of Shadows completing a ritual which fulfills the prophecy of the power of three.

A great beginning to this wonderful series. Witches are being killed for their powers. The sisters never being aware of their heritage are oblivious to their future until Phoebe finds The Book of Shadows in the attic and reads the incantation which triggers their powers to life.

Prue the oldest played by Shannen Doherty can move objects with her mind. Piper the middle sister played by Holly Marie Combs can stop time for a short period. Phoebe the youngest played by Alyssa Milano can see premonitions.

Now the Halliwell sisters are targets for the Warlock that is hunting witches. It seems that the prophecy is for the sisters to be the most powerful good witches ever and to help the innocent. Their mother and grandmother and those before them have all been good witches. Together they have the power of three which makes them almost invincible. Prue is investigating a relationship with Inspector Andrew Trudeau played by T W (TED) King while Piper is seeing a journalist Jeremy Burns. Jeremy turns out to be the Warlock who basically has been killing other witches and taking their powers while biding his time with Piper before she and her sisters powers are activated. Unfortunately for him he did not expect the three sisters to be that powerful that quickly and they easily banish him from our plane.

Beautifully set in San Fransisco this show highlights the cultural and scenic areas of the city and really is well produced. The acting is good even though the dialogue gets a little strained at times. This story was pretty well put together in general. It will be interesting to see where this all takes us for a ride. Thanks for reading...
  • The beginning of a wonderful serie!

This pilot episode is the beginning of eight years of one of the best series in the past decade. I absolutely L-O-V-E Charmed. But I\'m actually glad also that after eight seasons, they decided to quit the show so that they could end in some kind of beauty...

The pilot episode is not the serie\'s best episode, which is only natural but still... It gives a good general view of what is about to come in the next eight seasons. I\'ve only tuned in with the episode \'She\'s a Man, Baby\' and then I understood what the fuss was all about when my friends talked about the show. From then onwards, I\'ve put my effort in viewing every next episode and the episode I\'ve missed and it wasn\'t a waste of time :)

Thank you for the entertainment, girls!
  • The Halliwell sisters dicover their powers.

Very important episode to understand Charmed. I think it was very well written, they made things clear of how each character is. You can easily understand that Prue is the protective one, Phoebe the crazy younger sister and Piper the one that calms the other two. I thought that it was rather creative how the sisters actived their powers, very original. I specially enjoyed the scene where Phoebe and Prue are in the drug store and Prue throws all the medicines down. It was really funny.
    What I didn not understand is how someone can be so easily convineced that she is a witch. That part I didn't find it very belivable.
    In average, great episode!
  • Upon being reunited in their late grandmother's house, Prue, Piper, and Phoebe Halliwell receive the powers they were destined to have: telekinesis (Prue), molecular immobilization (Piper), and premonitions (Phoebe).

I have to say, not a bad start to an eight-season run. I especially love how the episode introduces viewers to the characters and their individual lives before showing us what each of the sisters can do once they receive their powers. It definitely set the tone for the rest of the series of them being sisters before witches. I give it 9 'spirit boards' out of 10.

Highlights -- Serena the witch lighting candles using only her fingertips (seriously, how handy a power would that be? :D); Phoebe finding and reading from the Book of Shadows; Piper and Prue using their powers for the first time; Phoebe goading Prue into using her power at the drugstore; the Halliwell sisters attempting to cast a spell on Jeremy; the Charmed Ones defeating warlock Jeremy with the Power of Three; and Prue using her newly-acquired telekinesis to shut the front door (also a handy power).
  • Something Wicca this way comes and takes us on an 8 year journey.

This episode I think really brought out the characters main personalities.

Prue for example has somewhat of a resentment towards Roger, who cheated on her, her Dad who abandoned her and Phoebe who left the manor after Grams died and was rumored to have slept with Roger.

Piper - The patient mediator who's just looking for a normal life, we see this develop later on in the series, especially after Prue's death where she becomes independent but somewhat less patient.

Finally, Phoebe, the youngest and most free willed. Her enthusiasm to take on the craft and embrace it somewhat reflects her desire to get an identity for herself as we later see her getting a job and settling.

Overall I'd say they're powers are also matched up. Prue's Telekinesis with her anger, Piper's Temporal Statis in trying to keep the Peace and Phoebe's Clairvoyance reflects her wishing to find herself.

What was disappointing was Piper's reaction to Jeremy's death - yes they cast a spell for Jeremy to 'wither from her life and from her heart' but the fact remains she loved him 24 hours ago and it seemed somewhat farfetched.

But in the end, a very nice pilot!
  • In its first three seasons Charmed had its best shows, and Something Wicca This way comes was know different.

I enjoyed the pilot episode when it was shown for the first time, and I really believed that we had something special with this series. Its now been on for seven seasons, and its likely to have an 8th season.

Like any new series, in this episode we get the origins of how the sisters end up with their powers. Phoebe finds and old book of withcraft and reads an incantation which gives the three their powers. That book would become the Book Of Shadows in which the three sisters would discover spells that helped them to fight off demons.

Piper's relationship with a man who turns out to be a demon in the first episode would turn out to not be the only time that one of the sisters would fall for a demon. In season 3, Phoebe would fall for Cole Turner who would turn out to be the popular half-demon Balthazar who would become a long standing character through seasons three, four and much of five. He even returned for an episode in season seven as well.

Well the first episode ends when the three sisters must use the power of three spell, a spell that would be used many times throughout the series, to vanquish Piper's demon boyfriend who had been out to take their powers for himself. The series would follow that same structure throughout, sometimes continuing on to the next episode, but always ending with the sister's triumphant over evil.

Overall the first episode of Charmed was well done. I enjoyed it and watched it for four seasons, but I kind of lost interest after Prue died. After Prue's death, the episodes became more lackluster until finally after a Witches Tale, I kind of gave up. Every once in awhile I would check up on it, but I'm sorry to say I haven't watched any of the new season's episodes at all.
  • Something Wicca This Way Comes

Something Wicca This Way Comes was a perfect series premiere of Charmed and I really enjoyed watching this episode because the actors were spectacular, the story was well written with intricate drama and there is magic! I thought this was a perfect introduction to the sisters and for them to be introduced to their heritage and powers. I certainly look forward to watching more episodes to see what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • This episode introduces us to the Charmed that we know and love.

I love this episode, I actually downloaded the original pilot with Lori Rom as Phoebe, and needless to say, it didn't have the same effect. I loved the chemistry among these three actresses. The episode opens with a random witch reciting a protection spell, who is killed by a cloaked figure. Cut to the Halliwell Manor, where Prue comments on how the chandelier needs to be fixed, Piper skirting around the fact that Phoebe is moving back in, forced to admit it, and when asked when shew is coming, Phoebe appears. Prue is infuriated, Piper, annoyed at Prue, pays the cab driver with Prue's money. The storylines that each of them follow really show you who the characters are- Phoebe being the resented little sister, who the oldest sister, Prue, is overprotective of, and obviously enivies for her free-spiritedness, thought she would never admit it to Phoebe, and Phoebe is always trying to impress Prue. When Phoebe moves back home Piper, trying ever to be the homemaker, tries to make the reunion pleasant, and is heartbroken that her two sisters have so much hate towards each other. Piper and Phoebe play with the spirit board, Prue and Piper insisting that she is pushing the pointer, but it spells out attic. Apparently the attic has been unable to be opened since Grams died or longer, but Phoebe goes up,can't open the door turns to leave, and it opens itself. She finds the Book of Shadows, reads and incantation, inadvertently giving all of their powers back. Powers they didn't know about, and which Prue and Piper are unwilling to accept--there are no such things as witches, right? Prue's boss is a jerk, and I particularly love the scene where she is thinking about strangling him, and his tie attacks him, and also earlier on when his pen contaminates his shirt, then when Prue puts the cream in her coffee without lifting a finger, and makes the medicine shelf fall over when Phoebe provokes her. Plus, it is really cute when Piper freezes the chef that she is auditioning for mid-bite because she ahdn't the time to put the port in the sauce. Phoebe is worried because she hasn't yet found her power, and then sees Jeremy killing Piper. Jeremy is the creep of the week, who is trying to kill Piper, now that she has found her powers, and has been pursuing her ever since Grams got sick to kill her and her sisters. The effects of the spell and the use of a poppet was very much reminescent of The Witches of Eastwick, in a good way. Ultimately, Jeremy is riddled with rose thorns and still coming after them, so the Power of Three spell, which was engraved on the spirit board found earlier before Phoebe arrived, is employed, and Jeremy goes poof.
  • First eppi. and its great!!!!!

This probly would be one of the best episodes ever! it shows the start of th PO3. if u havent seen this eppi. and seen the show and loved it, u have 2 see this one! i thought this episode would be bad when prue was mad at pheobe cause i thought she would stay mad but she didnt and it was great!
  • The very first episode, the sisters discover that they have magical powers, and their life will never be the same again

This episode is a must see for everybody and for obvious reason of course.

I think that the episode was extremelly well written for a pilot episode, of course there are few flaws, but which pilot doesn't until they find how they want the show to be.

It's really where it all begun, fans all know this, and if you missed it, you absolutely have to see it, you MUST see it, and you'll be pleased. It's a very good pilot and the sisters difference are talked about and showed in the first minutes of the show.

It really is one of the best TV (fantasy) Pilot I've seen
  • I Love it

Wonderful epidose! I enjoyed a lot , was a very great beginning, I think Constance M Burge have write an amazing episode , My favorite scene was when Prue said \"I do not have special powers~, now where\'s the milk?~and she moves the milk next to her, I just love it!
  • Prudence, Piper and Phoebe, three of four magical sisters recieve their powers after Phoebe reads an incantation from the Book of Shadows.

This episode had a really strong wiccan vibe to it and was centred around good vs evil rather than witches and whitelighters vs darklighers, warlocks and demons. It's exciting and fascinating to learn their background, and get to know the sisters as people before their magic becomes the main concern of their lives. Prue does come across as the protective and caring oldest sister, Piper is very much the troubled and nervous middle sister and Phoebe is the most impressionable and wants a good relationship with Prue.
    It leaves you craving more.
  • Every pilot should be like this.

And so it begins. One of the greatest SF series makes its debut. Three sisters reunite in San Fransisco, and soon they learn they all have powers, and now they have to learn how to deal with it. The episode begins slowly, by perfectly explaining each phase. The episode was written perfectly. It wasn't a stereotypical episode. It was as original as they come.

Each sister is an amazing actress, which adds an extra amazing look to this show. OK, so maybe this episode didn't have a super-villain, but it presented us the world of magical powers, evil and we saw how each person would react if they'd find out they had special powers.

Watching this episode only makes you want more because a huge world of possibilities opened and now we can't wait to see what's to come. Truly, this is an amazing pilot (every show should have a beginning like this).
  • Three ordinary sisters become the most powerful 3 witches ever.

This was an excellent way to start out such a wonderful new series. Gives much info on what it's about and what you have to look forward to in the upcoming shows. Phoebe really seemed to be lost and Prue was definitely in charge. Piper began as the peacemaker and ultimately was the heart of the Halliwells. Prues distrust for Phoebe is sometimes understood, yet shouldn't family come first? She learns her lesson well when prue finds out her fiance is no where near what she thought of him and Phoebe was true to her sister. But hard feelings take time to heal. Phoebe will work hard to gain prues trust. Piper will help her sisters become stronger together which makes the power of 3 even stronger.
  • Three very different sisters discover they have unique individual powers and will need to use these gifts to battle evil and save innocents

A grand opening of a spectacular series, the viewers get an immediate insight on the very different Halliwell sisters; Prue the eldest: headstrong and confident, Piper middle sister: unsure, sweet, Phoebe: Immature, fun. The three leads played the roles very well in this season opening, the acting was so convincing and it makes you feel that the sisters have known each other for years. The warlock Jeremy turns out to be a very creepy and sinister individual with a very cool list of powers. His vanquish was very well played out, unlike many of the later seasons vanquishes (particularly season 8) the special effects were very good considering it is the first episodes and their must be a tight budget

A 10/10 episode and a must see
  • An excellent first episode to begin the eight-season run of this fantastic show which revolves around the lives of three (later four) sisters who have inherrited magical powers from their mother and grandmother.

Six months ago, Penny Halliwell, the much-loved grandmother of sisters Prue, Piper and Phoebe Halliwell passed away with a heart ailment. She was the girls' only family as their mother had died when they were young and it had been many years since they had seen their absent father.

One night, Phoebe arrives back at the family home in San Francisco after being in New York for several months. It is clear from the outset that relations between Phoebe and Prue are very strained but the middle sister, Piper, tries to keep things as light-hearted as possible. Meanwhile, there is a murderer on the loose in the city who, it seems, is killing people inbolved in the occult. Inspector Andrew Trudeau, at least, is totally convinced of this but others are not so sure.

Later that same night, Phoebe, while wandering through the house, ends up in the attic and finds 'The Book of Shadows', which is, essentially, a book of witchcraft which obviously belonged to both her mother and grandmother given the writing on the pages. Reading the book, Phoebe recites an incantation which inadvertently turns herself and her two sisters into witches - The Charmed Ones - the most powerful good witches in the world.

This episode sets the premise for the entire series as the girls embark on a life of witchy crime fighting against many different forces of evil, including Piper's boyfriend.

A great start to a marvellous series which deserves every accolade it did and still does receive.
  • Three sisters living in San Fransisco find out there witches after the youngest (Phoebe) reads an incantation from a misterous book of spells in there attic.

I started waching Charmed in the fifth season but stopped about a year later. About two years ago i started waching again. I bought the seasons and i now love the show. This episode was awsome becuse I did really wanted to see the first episode and when I finally got to it was really cool. I dident even know Prue was a carecter I always thought it was Piper Phoebe an Paige. I also really like Andy. He is the person that firmly belives something is out there and dosent know how close he is to being right. The guy who is blind to what is right infront of him. Over all this was good for a first episode.
  • How the series began!!!Amazing!!!

At the manor a night that was raining Prue and Piper have to deal with the arrival of their younger sister Phoebe from New York.Piper already knows she was coming but did'nt tell Prue cause she and Phoebe have some issues.At that night they start plaing with a spirit board when suddenly it moves on its own and spells Attic.The sisters deside not to check it but Phoebe goes in the attic alone and finds a book of witchcraft,the book of shadows and she reads a spell that gives the sisters their powers.And they became th Charmed Ones,the most powerfull good witches the world has ever known!
  • Best series ever!!

Phoebe Halliwell returns to the Halliwell Manor where her two sisters;Piper and Prue, currently live. She ventures up to the attic sometime later and finds a huge book entitled " The Book of Shadows. She reads a spell from it, giving her and her sisters their destined powers; Phoebe has premonitions, Piper can freeze time, and Prue is telekenetic. Later on Prue quits her job due to the fact that Roger, her boss, is giving her a very hard time about breaking up their engagement. Piper goes out with her boyfriend, Jeremy, later on, only to discover he is a warlock who has been involved in the recent murders of three witches. Just before he stabs her with an athame, a ceremonial knife which is sometimes used to kill witches, she freezes time and runs home to Prue and Phoebe. They cast a spell on Jeremy, who is coming to the Manor quickly, and he stops, screaming in agony due to the fact the spell the sisters put on him caused him to sprout thorns out of his body. Piper and Prue think the job is done until Phoebe has a premonition of Jeremy still running back to the Manor. He bursts into the house and comes up to the attic where Piper, Prue and Phoebe recite a spell which vanquishes him for good.
  • first ever episode.

Well this was the first ever episode of charmed and when it was advertised on the tv for the first time i thought omg i think i will hate that but as soon as i started to watch it i was drawn in it was soooo cool and i really liked what was going on it was written well and i thought omg i have been proven wrong i love this !!! It was a really good episode and it made me feel like i was born to watch charmed lol it was absolutely great and that is all i have to say about it.
  • Three sisters realize that they are the most powerful force of good in the world, witches known as the Charmed Ones. Starring: Shannen Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, T.W. King, and Dorian Gregory.

This episode needed to be great to recieve an audeince so the show can stay on the air. And they did that. They established that there was a feud between Prue (Shannen Doherty) and Pheobe (Alyssa Milano) without having to show you, and Piper (Holly Marie Combs) as the mediator. Also, they were able to show the upcoming and revival of the relationship between Prue and Andy (T.W. King). Also an event that happened in the past that is represented easily is the death of the girl's Grams, and the relationship with Jeremy (guest star Eric Scott Woods) and Piper. The powers were also well shown, and well described in what they could do. However, something that i really didnt like about the episode and the first season alike, at least part of it, was that they Charmed Ones seem insanely weak, and that they could easily have been defeated by Shax or if the Source really wanted them dead, he should have killed them right away.
< 1 2 3 4