Charmed

Something Wicca This Way Comes

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 1998 on The WB

• What a way to start a new series. Intriguing and a perfect way to introduce the main characters and give them their powers.

So the first episode of Charmed is very good, and happens to be the episode I have seen the most times. I usually don't like pilot episodes, because they need so much to create a liking, and in some cases, an addiction for the series in question. Something Wicca This Way Comes really manages at this point. It introduces the main characters and set up their history together. The differences between the sisters (mainly between Phoebe and Prue) are very early on clear for the viewer.

The sister's receiving their powers is very well portrayed and it's fun to see them struggle with the fact that they're witches, and the problems of having powers. The main trio work really well together and that sisterly feeling is really there. They also set some rules for the fine art of demon (or in this case Warlock) vanquishing. Ted and Shannen work really well together and Andy and Darryl's relationship is so great. I'm also stunned by the sweetness of Piper's character, the adorable childishness of Phoebe's and the determined stubbornness of Prue's.

This episode is mainly about the sister's receiving their powers, and fighting off Jeremy. It's very exciting, and really showed what the future episodes would be like. All in all a very exciting episode with all the humour and wonderful characters that came to make Charmed my favourite series of all times.