Charmed

Something Wicca This Way Comes

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 1998 on The WB

• Something Wicca this way comes and takes us on an 8 year journey.

This episode I think really brought out the characters main personalities.

Prue for example has somewhat of a resentment towards Roger, who cheated on her, her Dad who abandoned her and Phoebe who left the manor after Grams died and was rumored to have slept with Roger.

Piper - The patient mediator who's just looking for a normal life, we see this develop later on in the series, especially after Prue's death where she becomes independent but somewhat less patient.

Finally, Phoebe, the youngest and most free willed. Her enthusiasm to take on the craft and embrace it somewhat reflects her desire to get an identity for herself as we later see her getting a job and settling.

Overall I'd say they're powers are also matched up. Prue's Telekinesis with her anger, Piper's Temporal Statis in trying to keep the Peace and Phoebe's Clairvoyance reflects her wishing to find herself.

What was disappointing was Piper's reaction to Jeremy's death - yes they cast a spell for Jeremy to 'wither from her life and from her heart' but the fact remains she loved him 24 hours ago and it seemed somewhat farfetched.

But in the end, a very nice pilot!
TNT