Charmed

Something Wicca This Way Comes

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 1998 on The WB

• The One With the Beginning

Scoop:
    Let's just say... I'm not a big fan of pilot episodes, but this nearly blew me off.

Review:
    I wasn't too thrilled when I learned some new series titled Charmed was starting. In fact, if I hadn't watched this episode, I don't think my downloading software is now full of Charmed files. Let me just say that I'm not a big fan of pilot episodes, probably shows which I judged before watching as silly, but this nearly blew me off.

Basically, three very ordinary sisters who lives in San Francisco finds out that all the normality in their whole life after one of them read an incantation from a mystical book called the Book of Shadows. The next morning, they learn they've inhabited special powers. They're the Charmed Ones, and they're called that for a reason: protect the Innocents.

This is a very good series premiere. It had it's delightful moments, and all the humorous sibling rivalry, not to mention those scary jeepery moments with Jeremy the warlock, romantic scenes with Andy/Prue and Jeremy/Piper. Overall, it's good!! 4/5 stars.

Next Week: