Charmed

Something Wicca This Way Goes

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 22, 2005 on The WB

• When the sisters try to divert Zankou's attention from the Nexus, he hatches a plan to absorb all their powers.

This episode was so amazing. It was an amazing seventh season finale. I enjoyed watching this episode so much. It seemed so much like a series finale. It was very well written. I loved this episode so much. The ending was just perfect. The sisters were under their new identities, and everyone thought they were dead, but they really weren't. But now demons don't know who they are, nor do people. It was perfect. I loved it. This episode alone could have gotten the show another seven seasons, but didn't. It still had a good run, though. This episode is one of the many great installments to this amazing series.
  • A season finale to remember...

This episode offers more than I have ever even expected!
    I mean it's sooo original, so authentic, so emotional..
    I was really sad that the sisters thought they're going to die, the way they were making plans to vanquish Zankou with the Nexus.
    I really cried hard when Piper was saying goodbye to her sons (question: why does Victor get to keep the boys and the manor and the club? Doesn't it make sense that Leo will take care of the boys and live in the manor, possibly even manage the club?)
    All in all, great episode, great acting, great season final, I can't wait to download season 8!
  • OMG, the series finale, no wait it isn't but it should have been.

What an excellent season finale, the third best after 'All Hell Breaks Loose' and 'Kill Billie Vol. 2/Forever Charmed'. The ending was phenomenal, it really was, I mean seeing the Nexus and Zankou blow up was amazing, seeing them in different identities was fun and everyone thinking their dead was a shocker.

When the sisters try to divert Zankou's attention from the Nexus, he hatches an ingenious plan to absorb all of their powers. However, when the girls realize what Zankou is up to, (I mean come on, they're not stupid) they are forced with a life-altering decision: sacrifice their powers or their lives.

• brilliant.

zankou has the book of shadows and he wants to kill the sisters with it. this episode is one of the best in charmed 8 year run. It's exciting and the writing was also very good and when they were in the house you actually thought they were going to die.

This was the best and most exciting episode of season 7 and it is re-watchable. I hace watched it at least 5 times and i am still not bored with it. This was a great season finale.

overall: This is a really good episode of charmed and most people who watch it will enjoy it.
  • Would Have Made A Great Series Finale, Shame It Was Picked Up For Another Season!

I am so upset Charmed was put on for another year. I love the show, but it had to end at some point! Why waste time and think of storylines which were basically pointless and unfair. This would have made a great finale, because all finales to other shows leave some mysterys about the show that make you feel it is still open in your heart. Next year was basically an aftermath and an extemley poor one. Brad Kern spent nearly all the money on this episode and even the cast expected this to be the final one, so why wasn\'t it?!
  • Yet another great charmed episode!

I couldnt wait to see this episode before it came out and when i did i thought it was probably the best episode of charmed yet. altough it was sad due to the fact that it was over and that they lost their powers, the action and thought put into the episode was just to good i thought it would never end. of course when it did i was really gutted because 7 years of charmed had just ended and i was sad. :'-( . But when i heard of season 8 i couldnt believe it. i knew that it would bring another really sad ending but at the same time it would still bring a action-packed amasing hour aswell. And now i just cant wait untill i see 'forever charmed'. I wont miss it for the world. :-)
  • The most exciting and dramatic episode since all hell breaks loose!!!

WOW! This was one of the best episodes ever! From the very beginning when it left off from the last episode when they orb in to magic school tto the end when they go off to start their seemongly demon free lives! But I have to say I was a bit worried with then thinking this was the end of our three fav actresses!! But of course I was wrong!!! It was great seeing them having to take drastic measures to stop zankou even if that means destroyng the nexus! This part was oneof the greatest vanquishes in the show!!! Even if this was the series not season finale I would definatley be satisfied!!!
  • OMG It made me Cry!

It was the best episode possible! I didn\\\\\\\'t know if it was the last ever episode!

The episode shows so many of the different emotions that the sisters are feeling, as they think they are going to die. One of the saddest moments of this episode is when Piper, Phoebe & Paige leave Wyatt & Chris with Victor. It\\\\\\\'s so sad, especially as the sisters are trying not to cry.

I had to watch the last 30 minutes about 4 times, as i couldn\\\\\\\'t stop crying through it!

The end of the episode, where they have all changed into different people, and they walk off and Darryl sees them is really great, as he knows they are alive and the smile on his face is brilliant. SO SWEET!

It is definetly one of the best EVER episodes! :)

CHARMED FOREVER!
  • It was good, but not what i expected.

Ever since i heard it was gonna be on in Australia, i couldnt wait. The whole day i had butterflies in my stomach. But whe they finally got to it (after the double of death becomes them) i just couldnt beleive how much it didnt realy surprise me. I thought it would be really climatic like when they vanquished the source. Basiclly the climatic thing was using astral projection to kill Zankou. And why didnt paige orb the book to her when they were hiding in magic school. or when Zankou had just stolen it?
    In conclusion, this episode could have had more events.
  • This episode rocked, Its the best episode since All Hell Brakes Loose.

I saw this episode as part of a 2-hour movie length final along with Deaths Becomes Them, I'll rate both episodes 10/10.

This episode is the best episode ever, well best episode since All Hell Brakes Loose, it was filled with enough drama, emotion and excitment Charmed hasn't had in a long time.

Why they took this long to make these sorts of episodes bugs me, they focus too much on fairy tales and magical creatures, even though they were in this one, they were not the main focus.

Zanku steals the book of shawdows, takes over the manor, takes there powers and gets into magic school is probaly the only demon ever to do this, hes the closest anyone has got to really killig the charmed ones, I'll say hes the best demon to almost defeat them, but not the best demon.

I loved the ending, It really would of been a great last episode.
  • is it finally over for the Charmed Ones?! Have they met their match?!

A very good season finale. Even though I knew the outcome I do know that if I didn't I would be in real suspense if they might or might not make it.

There was a lot of suspense and it was nice that a few of their plans backfired but that they also had some help from those fairies and all.

Also nice that they brought back Prue into the story because there was a big chance this might be the last episode so a mention of Prue was a nice addition.

Also nice that they survived it and that astral projection saved them in the end... And a nice end, if it were the series finale then the ending was nice but now that a new season will follow it is also interesting to see how their lives will continue.
  • I really really really enjoyed this episode.. i have been watching charmed for a long time now and i feel that, no matter what some other people say, this was a good episode to finish something old and start something new. Something old.. the continuous f

I really really really enjoyed this episode.. i have been watching charmed for a long time now and i feel that, no matter what some other people say, this was a good episode to finish something old and start something new. Something old.. the continuous fighting against demons and other magical beings, and something new with the sneeky lives that the girls will have to live.
    I don't know about you other guys and gals but i have a strong feeling that these girls will come out of hiding soon, either by choice or by being found out. Must watch TV!! 10/10
  • When Zankou Hocks off with the Book of Shadows the girls are esstianlly screwed. But never fear the Charmed Ones have done more with with less!

This episode was fantasitc. Especially where Piper leaves the boys with Victor and they turn Zankou into a pig. Which was a feeder pig rather than a Potbelly pig was a deffinite plus. I will never be able to remove that image from my mind. I was worried that there might be different actresses but since Brad Kern said no, I'm much happier! : )
  • A well done performance. Luckily it wasnt their last!

You have to agree this is the best charmed episode throughout its entire series. It was also one of the saddest episode especially when piper was saying goodbye to her dad and sons. i like every1 else enjoyed to use of the astral projection too.
    Cant wait to see how the next season continues.
  • The Greatest Yet!

I absolutely loved this episode. Even though The Charmed Ones ended there spernatural lives and wanted normal ones, I still loved the intensity and the happy ending. There are just so many words (good words) that I can\'t describe when Paige, Piper, and Phoebe changed into their \"normal\" live bodies. It was so well planned out; and especially when it kept me guessing on the part where Piper, Paige, and Phoebe were saying a \"goodbye\" to their dad and Piper\'s son, Wyatt. I thought that they were going to kill themselves, but it was totally different. This episode was just the best!
  • Quite possibly the best episode yet.

"Something Wicca This Way Goes" had a lot to live up to. Many 'Charmed' fans, including myself, thought that this would be the last season for the show. That's pressure right there - the show has to go with a bang, not a whimper.

It had to match the tension and action of 'All Hell Breaks Loose,' with which this episode had many similarities.

It had to tie up all the loose ends that came up throughout the season, such as Leo and Piper's relationship, the threat of Zankou and the threat of exposure to the FBI, most importantly Inspector Sheridan. (By the way, is the last name and physical resemblence to Jack Sheridan, Prue's former beau, a coincidence?)

With all the things this episode had to do, the writers pulled it off, creating a very memorable episode that cancels out any bad episodes they've written through the years.

I'm not going to go into what actually happened in the episode, play-by-play. However, the Nexus was destroyed, Zankou was vainquished and, even though they were exposed, the sisters cleaned up their mess as they always do.

Aside from the Source and Gideon, Zankou was my favorite Big Bad that the sisters have faced. He actually posed a threat to the sisters. He didn't merely want them dead - he wanted to kill them. I think he's been the smartest of all the villains they've faced and I really enjoyed his presence on the show. Maybe, if we're lucky, he'll turn up next season.

To sum up: Had 'Something Wicca This Way Goes' been Charmed's last episode, I would have been very satisfied. However glad I am that Charmed is coming back for an 8th season (Take that Buffy!), if it ended with this episode, I wouldn't have complained.

All in all: A+
  • A fantastic pivotal episode in the Charmed series.

Charmed’s Season finale was fantastic, it encompassed everything that gave Charmed its “charm” in the beginning of the series. This was one of the best written episodes of the season along with the other classics Charmed Noir and the 150th episode. This episode was originally meant to be a series finale and what a finale it was. This episode really felt like it was the charmed ones last due to the references to Prue and previous seasons which really made the episode. Each scene was action packed and full of life. The charmed ones were at their best. This episode was filled with twists and turns which kept the viewer on the edge of their seat. Holly Marie Combs was terrific in this episode and really showed her skills at their best. This episode was fantastic and well worth a view, a pivotal episode in the Charmed series.
  • The ending of the Charmed line, the start of a revelation, the begining of the new generation. The Halliwell sisters accomplish more than enough in this heart-pounding season finale.

Personally I think the sister handled the sitch, quite well, granted there were several noticable errors with continuity in this show, for example the astral projection spell, which I didn't buy for a second.

This episode made the show what it was meant to be. The part of this episode that pulled on my heart strings, was Piper relinqishing custody of her children and the deeds to the club and house and their bank accounts to Victor, that alone made this episode a tear jerker.

Trying to incorperate Prue was nice and all but an actual appearance would have been better. I like the portrayal of emotion in this episodes, Holly, Alyssa and Rose really showed me what acting is all about.

The girls made television history in this one so they get 10 Kudos!

10/10!
  • Brad Kern went all out of this Episode...

I am really surprised that Brad did what he did with sooo much going on but basing on the 3 Sisters... he has not done this in a long time and in recent 2 -3 years it is more of the Sisters being independent... I am really happy Brad and just because the show is renewed for another Year don't go off what you did because you will loose the loyal fans...!
  • There are no words to explain how this episode just made my day!

Something Wicca This Way Goes has to be one of the best finale's I've ever seen in my life and in Charmed. It was a tearjerker yet adventurous and unexpected. This finale definately had the biggest twist and I believe has changed the show completely from now on. I know that this episode set up great seasons to come.
  • It was such a great awsome episode! i was really confused at the end! i still don't kno wats gonna happen! I can't wait till the new season! I'm very excited! Yippie! Whoo! I think that next season will be great and totally completly awsome! So exiceted

It was such a great awsome episode! i was really confused at the end! i still don't kno wats gonna happen! I can't wait till the new season! I'm very excited! Yippie! Whoo! I think that next season will be great and totally completly awsome! So exiceted about 8season!
  • Zankou has stolen the Book of Shadows and plots to take in the Nexus. The sisters use various spells to upset Zankou and divert him away from the Nexus. Meanwhile, Inspector Sheridan and Agent Keyes from Homeland Security plan on exposing the sisters. In

Every television series always have episodes that impact the show as a whole. “Something Wicca This Way Goes…?” is that episode for Charmed. In its seven year run to date I have never seen such a well written and intense episode of Charmed as this episode was. It had every element included in this episode such as comedy, drama, suspense and action.

Each one of the Haliwell sisters have there own witty one liners and comedic facial expressions. One expression being when it is revealed to Zankou that it was just the astral projections of the sisters, Pheobe shoots him this “Ha-ha, we tricked you glare” which made me laugh out loud. Other comedic aspects of the episode include when the sisters turn Zankou into a pig. It was hilarious to see such a big bad demon to become lowered to such a thing. And to top things off in the end when the sisters glamour themselves as other people, Piper is letting Leo in on the plan and she promised to make him cute. Then she snaps her fingers and he turns into a hot, young stud. Her reply simply is “I can live with that.” Classic.

There is a point in the episode when Piper says, “I’m just a good actor” Holly Marie Combs, who plays Piper, proves to be right especially in the scene when she is saying goodbye to her children. I was in tears watching this. You really do see a true bond between Piper and her kids. Paige’s tears added to the intensity of this scene. You could feel her pain. It brought so much emotion to this episode. Also when Piper and Phoebe were saying goodbye to their father, it brought a sense of finality to the show and the season.

At the time the episode was in the filming progress, neither the cast nor crew knew if the show was going to be renewed. Brad Kern, being the genius that he is, wrote the episode with enough closure, just in case it wasn’t renewed. But he also left more than enough open to continue on. There was a sense of finality to the show because of all of the past references in the show. There especially was a sufficient amount of mentions about Prue, which was fitting to the ending, since she has a huge part it the show’s run. The fact that she taught Leo to astral project and he taught it to the sisters was a very nice ode to their late sister. Another thing, although at times the use of magical creatures can be a bit campy, it is nice to see them pop up again and help the sisters out. Plus, the leprechauns are so cute. I especially enjoyed the scene when Pipe and Phoebe are sitting at magic school reminiscing about past spells they have used, and demons they have turned into. It was also cool to see how the episode revolved around the Nexus and the exposing of the sisters. Both have been large issues the sisters have dealt with through the run of the show. Even the little things were nice, such as the mention Of Andy, Inspector Rodriguez, Inspector Rodriguez, and of course, Agent Brody. Other things included another appearance of the adored wife of Darryl, Shelia Morris. And of course it was nice to see Victor and the boys. Also the way the Elders worked themselves in there doubting the sisters. It stayed true to the way the show has been. And any episode that Darryl, played by Dorian Gregory, appears in is a great episode.

The closure of the episode came from fact that the Charmed Ones prevailed once again prevailed one way or another. Although Inspector Sheridan was a character we all loved to hate, and her death opened up new doors for the feds, it was relieving to know that she will be off the sisters back. The death of Zankou and the destruction of the Nexus closed a large chapter.

As always there will always be the constant threat of exposure from the feds, which leaves many doors open, and the boys still have so much growing up to do. Now the Charmed Ones have the difficult task of keeping themselves hidden while leading the future generation of witches. This leaves room for such great ideas for an exciting eighth season.

And once again to close things out, the doors to the manor were magically closed. This again brings a sense of closure, but at the same time those doors will not stay closed for too long.

Blessed be…
  • This episode had to be the best finale since the third season's ending.

I thought this episode had to be one of the most suspenseful Charmed plots I've seen.

The entire episode had me thinking if they were going to make it out alive. Seeing Piper saying goodbye to Wyatt and Chris was really sad. I couldn't believe it when they destroyed the Nexus and Zankou with them being killed in the process.

I thought it was very clever how they created their new identities and faking their deaths.

I also liked how Darryl saw them walking away and immediately knew they were alright. Plus when they thanked Prue and making it look like she shut the door for the final time.
  • Probably the best episode ever.

This episode really was a big one. Holly, Rose and Alyssa really came through and delivered some of their best performances yet. I felt Brad Kern did a great job giving us a season finale, and would have served well for a series finale too. I really enjoyed how they used Darryl's wife Sheila in this episode, both her and Darryl were caught between the sisters and what they wanted. Probably the best thing about this episode: Sheridan is finally dead! She's been looming in the Charmed Ones lives since the season 6 finale, and I let out a cheer when she was killed.

Rating: 100%
  • In this season finale, the girls are in trouble because zankou has the book of shadows and they have to get it back but they fake their own deaths and leave but no one but them and darryl knows they are alive not even demons.

This season finale was a definate tearjerker. The sisters were acting as if they were not ever going to get out alive. The acting was marvoulous. This was def. one of the best eppys ! Im very interested to see how they get themselves out of this one!
    Till then reruns!
  • What I liked about this episode and what I didn't like about it, in other words, a TRUE fans opinion.

I love this show and I think that this episode was an excellent twist, yet made all of us fans a little...uneasy in believing that the real actors and actresses would come back to play their roles. Many of us were a bit nervous that new people would come and take over the show and that is not what we want. It was sad to see Piper say goodbye to her sons for now but it was also nice to see that she looked happy when she changed Leo's identity because this was what they had been fighting for. The Elders were jackasses in cutting off all contact with them, but they sort of had a right to. I was literally falling out of my seat when the cops were surrounding the house. And, how could Shelia (Darryl's wife) be so emotionless when Leo practically begged for Darryl's help??? She knew who they were and what they did, didn't she want the world to be a better place for her own sons?!?! All I'm saying, is...in the new season, they better erase everyone's memories, at least have a visit from Prue or Penny or Patty, and Piper and Leo better be reunited with their children, and also...the biggest thing of all...everything must go back to the way it was-charmed style.
    xoxoxo
    ~NikNik~
  • This shows just why we watch Charmed

This was by far the best episode i have ever seen it was exciting and it made me cry. It was a great end to the series, and i cant wait for series 8, when watching all of the other episodes from all of the seasons you think the writers would have trouble finding new things to write about but they have succeeded in entertaining us even more. The new threats to the lives of these witches are amazing and the show keeps getting more and more interesting. The actors are amazing and they fit the roles of the characters perfectly. If you haven't seen the show before then now would be the time to start so that you can catch up before the start of season 8 next year.
  • The girls are up against a new source of evil out to get the nexxus, If That isn't bad enough they also have the feds on their case too! The problem is to get rid of both of them they will run the risk of exposing themselves and their magic!

The writers were definately keeping the viewer in mind when they wrote this episode. Not knowing if this was a season finale or the end of the show wrap up, they really had their work cut out for them. On of the best episodes ever written! They were getting into the trap of running out of really good material, like after they got into the groove of the show. I think they will get the groove back. Maybe they can do like the soap operas do and "age" the boys a little (not too much like they do- a couple of years like maybe Wyatt could be 6 or 7 and Chris would be 5 or 6). So the girls could start teaching them the ways of being a wiccan witch. And Phoebe's Daughter could already be running around. Maybe Paige would have a kid. Who knows- maybe Piper and Leo could have that magical third boy- a charmed trio of boys. Any way this was the best episode of the season. The antisipation of the writers that this was the last episode ever was evident. It was clever and very well acted and directed. Very well crafted all around. Most Excelllent. I hope next season holds up to the standard that you have reset for the show. I have never lost faith and I know how hard it is to continue to keep coming up with unique ideas week after week that pleases everybody. I enjoy each and evry show. Every show has the same problem, can't please everybody all the time. My favorite show when I was growing up was Bewitched (still is), and they even recycled storylines. So I say to the nay sayers- You do it, and see how hard it is. Keep up the good work CHARMED! Again, Your best episode yet!
  • This episode absolutely rocked! I was so glad at the end and with every single Charmed fan waiting for this episode and to see if another season would come. I was absolutely amazed.

This episode was great! I almost cried at the scene where I thought they were all blown up in the basement. I thought to myself "This can't be happening. Charmed is just too good." Then, when Leo came out after seeing the house and the Charmed Ones magically appear behind the tree I jumped into the air and just shouted, "Woohoo!" It was such a tear-jerking episode and I was on the edge of my seat for the entire episode. The Charmed Ones have been striving for a normal life since the very beginning and the fact that all their hard work seems to have paid off is just proof that sometimes the good guys really do win. I can't wait for next season. I heard that they're brining on Kaley Cuoco and that seems to be a really good thing. I myself have never watch 8 Simple Rules but I heard good things about this actress. I think it's about time they brought on some fresh new stars. But this episode absolutely rocked and I am so happy.
< 1 2 3