Charmed

Something Wicca This Way Goes

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 22, 2005 on The WB

• Something Wicca This Way Goes

Something Wicca This Way Goes was a superb season 7 finale of Charmed and it also felt as if it could have been a series finale. I really enjoyed watching because the story continues from the last episode now that Zankou has the Book of Shadows and Homeland Security is closing in on the sisters. There was a lot of character and plot development as the story was well written. There were a few interesting surprises and turn of events. The ending was interesting and had a feel good vibe to it. I look forward to watching the 8th and final season!!!!!!!
  • The Charmed Ones' Last Stand

Something Wicca This Way Goes-When the sisters try to divert Zankou's attention from the Nexus, he hatches a plan to absorb all their powers. However, when the girls realize what Zankou is up to, they are faced with a life-altering decision: sacrifice their powers or their lives.

Feeling like a series finale, "Something Wicca This Way Goes" is the best finale since "All Hell Breaks Loose". The stakes are high against the sisters, like they haven't had since the Source and it really feels like they won't make it in the end. One thing I love about the episode are all the references from the past 7 years like Quake, theconfidencespell, Andy, Phoebe turning into a Banshee and so many others. It gives a great sense ofnostalgia, making the episode feel even more like a series finale. Zankou really proves to be one of the finest villains of the series as he always remains two steps ahead of the sisters' in this episode as he uses to the Book to steal their powers and take the Nexus in. The sisters are really put in a tough position and I'm glad that they end up being alone in the end to stop Zankou, even realizing that sacrificing themselves is the only way to save the day. It was great to see Victor again and it makes sense that Piper and Phoebe would trust their father totake care ofWyatt and Chris. The goodbye scene between the sisters and the boys was really heartbreaking especially Piper breaking apart while holding little Chris. The final confrontation between Zankou and the Charmed Ones is action-packed, I especially loved the brief moment where the sisters surround the book, hold hands and chant "The Power of 3, Will Set Us Free". It's probably one of my favorite moments from Charmed and seeing that spell used again is a reminder of what the series wasinitially: 3 strong, independent women/sisters who happen to be witches. It was nice to be reminded of that during the final moments (or what seemed like at the time) of the series. Zankou's vanquish (as well as the Nexus) was awesome and the way the sisters' death is left as a mystery for a few moments is handled well.

I also surprisingly love how Sheridan's plot with Homeland Security. Sheridan's death by Zankou was actually intense ( not to mention, long overdo!) Watching SWAT teams, the police, etc. surrounding the manor was definitely reminiscent of "All Hell Breaks Loose", especially when they all storm the house after the sisters' vanquish Zankou. The sisters' eventual reveal was indeed surprising and I found their plan to fake their deaths actually a decent way to end the story. They get normal lives, don't have to worry about anyone trying to expose them again and demons coming after them anymore. I also liked the moment of Darryl realizing that the sisters were alive but it's kind of bittersweet since this is Darryl's finalappearanceon Charmed. It's a shame because Darryl deserved to be apart of the "real" series finale and the reason for Darryl notappearingnext season is just insulting! Anyway, despite a good finale, there are some glaring flaws that stop it from being great. 1) Those stupid magical creatures return yet again and seeing Zankou turning into a pig with his head still normal....O_0 Just No! 2) The writers once against forget their previously establishedmythology! Vampires are immune to the powers of witches yet Piper, Paige and Phoebe easily kill a couple of bats with their powers! 3) The page to call for a witch's power was ripped out of the book, yet it looks perfectly fine! Yeah, I know it was another reference to the past but it's like the writers can't seem to remember the little things and that's kind of annoying when fans can! All and All, 'Something Wicca This Way Goes" is a good send-off to Charmed, if it was in fact the final episode. It definitely wraps up the series better than the real final episode did. Next stop, Season 8....*shivers*

• Zankou and the Nexus... and mutual destruction.

Thank God for Season 8. Yes, it may have had its rough spots, but it ended the right way. I couldn't imagine Charmed if the series ended with this episode instead of the superior in every way Forever Charmed. The best thing about this episode, besides the name, is the best thing about this season- Zankou. I am a big Oded Fehr fan, and his Zankou will remain the best demon, besides Cole, from Charmed. It is actually a shame that we never see him again, but at least he goes out in a blaze of glory and at least he takes Sheridan out before he goes. As usual, I find the entire exposure plot involving homeland security lame and preposterous. But it does end with Sheridan's demise, so it has that going for it. And excuse me, but isn't this a role reversal for Darryl's wife? Wasn't she always the one that said he had to protect the sisters and the greater good? Why the complete change?

I agree that the Darryl plot ended well, anyway. It was great to see an important character like him get a happy send off.

Frankly, the whole plot of this episode makes a lot more sense if it HAD been the final episode, as much as that would suck. What was the sense of faking their deaths if Wyatt and Chris are still alive to get threatened by demons? And again, what happened to the greater good? Screw that, I guess.

Great scene when Piper says good bye to her children. I was very moved. Good bye to a great bad guy in Zankou. Apparently the Nexus wasn't too important since the sisters go all Season 8 without it.
  • THE ENDING THAT NEVER WAS

The ending that never was

Another cracker from Brad Kern. Love him or hate him, you have to admit he does write some storming instalments. There's stacks of action in this one and, with it being the season finale, you really do feel anything could happen.

With Zankou controlling both the Manor and the Book, and with most of the world's police lined up outside, the whole hour has a dark inevitability which hasn't been seen since Charmed and Dangerous. Seeing the girls say goodbye to their father really brings this home. And what an ending! Writing an episode which may or may not have been the last ever was always going to be tough but Brad's solution leaves the door ajar just enough for the sisters to be able to come back. That last scene, with Darryl watching as the Charmed Ones walk away from their old lives, is a classic.

As this might have been the last episode, there were always bound to be plenty of retro moments. Phoebe's mention of Quake has to be the best, and the astral projection is a nice nod to Prue. On the downside, the effects are kind of average and we are forced to endure yet more ridiculous magical creatures, although seeing so many of them die is rather satisfying. As for Zankou turning into a pig, I'm just going to pretend that never happened.

The Homeland Security plot works well, and creates some useful threads for Season Eight. After a year and a half of tormenting the Charmed Ones, Inspector Sheridan finally gets her comeuppance when she is zapped by Zankou. Showing her demise through her own hidden camera is very cool and just a little freakish.

I'm so glad Darryl gets to go out on a high. Dorian Gregory has been one of the unsung heroes of this show and it's great to see him so involved in his final week. He even gets the last line. Charmed will never be the same again. Final body count for the season stands at an impressive 119, comprising 98 demons, 13 vampires, 6 pirates, 1 half-demon and 1 mortal. Of these, 58 are vanquished by the Charmed Ones, 21 by Leo, 9 by Zankou and 31 by various others.

Seven down, one to go!

Score: 9.5
  • When the sisters try to divert Zankou's attention from the Nexus, he hatches a plan to absorb all their powers.

This episode was so amazing. It was an amazing seventh season finale. I enjoyed watching this episode so much. It seemed so much like a series finale. It was very well written. I loved this episode so much. The ending was just perfect. The sisters were under their new identities, and everyone thought they were dead, but they really weren't. But now demons don't know who they are, nor do people. It was perfect. I loved it. This episode alone could have gotten the show another seven seasons, but didn't. It still had a good run, though. This episode is one of the many great installments to this amazing series.
  • A season finale to remember...

This episode offers more than I have ever even expected!
    I mean it's sooo original, so authentic, so emotional..
    I was really sad that the sisters thought they're going to die, the way they were making plans to vanquish Zankou with the Nexus.
    I really cried hard when Piper was saying goodbye to her sons (question: why does Victor get to keep the boys and the manor and the club? Doesn't it make sense that Leo will take care of the boys and live in the manor, possibly even manage the club?)
    All in all, great episode, great acting, great season final, I can't wait to download season 8!
  • The series finale that thankfully wasn't

7.9
    I agree with a lot of the reviewers here who said this was phenomenal as a season finale, but just probably may have missed the cut to make a series finale. I haven't been much of a religious follower of Charmed after season 4 and 5, but lately I've been watching a lot episodes here and there people recommend, and this was one of them.

The episode cuts right into the action...Zankou has the house and Book of Shadows and basically they're trying to figure out a way to stop him before he absorbs the Woogy--err I mean, Nexus and becomes psychotically powerful. They can only do so much from magic school (wow I still can't get over how much I disliked the concept of magic school from the beginning) and decide that if they can get him to focus on them instead of the Nexus, they just might have the chance.

This is where I had the problem with Zankou. He himself tells another henchdemon that you can't go up against the Charmed Ones directly, yet falls EXACTLY for this when he gets distracted/provoked enough to go after them. The other guy who warned him would have had a better chance at defeating the Charmed Ones than him.

Eventually there's a scene where Piper and her sisters go to Victor and leave him with the papers for the kids, deeds for P3 and the house. Besides being a very touching and wow this might be the end scene, it gave a more realistic touch to the show that often ignores real-life details like that. It didn't feel like just another would be magical and bring back to life dead would be coming, it felt real. Piper as mother does this scene wonderfully.

Exposure. People complain it has been overdone in this show, and it has been to an extent. And although nothing would be match how shocking and nerve wracking exposure was in All Hell Breaks Loose, the job was done pretty well here. I wasn't too familiar with that Inspector Lady before (I'm guessing she was a hated character), but her death scene was suspenseful and it reminded me of Andy's own death in the manor because of the sudden way it happened (although Andy was a lot more well loved of a character obviously). Which leads me to my next point.

Allusions to the past. There was this scene in magic school where they were listing all the different ways they might solve their conflict, making allusions to previous episodes and seasons. However it didn't feel natural to me because it felt like they were randomly listing things for the sake of listing them, kinda like "remember that time when this? remember that time when that?". A later reference to Quake and the confidence spell was one of the more better winks. So was the Andy/Rodriguez (among other) files at the police station. I'm wondering why there was a file for a Gordon. I hope it isn't THE Dan Gordon, but oh well haha. I finally feel sorry for Darryl since you finally realize how much he has put on the line for the girls, including a family.

Spirit of Prue. Ok this part kind of annoyed me as it annoyed other fans. Leaving aside the concept of whether you can "learn a power" (might be remotely possible, I think Phoebe might have used a spell to induce one before), the execution and back story behind it was done poorly. Prue randomly taught Leo who then taught the sisters, because "she was really protective of it" (makes her sound like a greedy power hogger). Paige was able to use her powers in astral form which was also dumb. Good idea, badly written.

The end scene with the swat teams was suspenseful, though the ending killed it for me. The worst thing you could do on a TV show is recast someone, even if temporarily. The whole let's pretend we're dead and start over stuff was really dumb and would have been a total let down to the substance of the original show had this really been a series finale. I mean talk about writing yourself into a corner with that kind of plot obstacle.

And finally, an unknown presence "zings" the door shut, presumed to be the presence of Prue, into a much more hated (but necessary) season that should bring better closure.
  • Don't get me wrong - I liked it, but this and the last episode took way too long to get anywhere, and for what might have been the last episode ever, it didn't deliver as much as it could have.

I know the writer was in a bit of a bind, not being sure whether the series would continue and having to come up with something that would make a neat ending if it didn't, but could be manipulated to go on with the story if it did. However, there is something lacking in the whole finale - including the previous episode. It just seems to take an awfully long time to get where it's going and there are a lot of inconsistencies. The reason the book was able to be taken was because the sisters doubted themselves - yet once they realised what was going on that doubt disappeared. They seemed pretty confident to me about what they were doing, even if they didn't know exactly how they'd do it. And in previous episodes, when some evil thingy has managed to get hold of the book it still couldn't leave the house because it was connected to that too.

And Zankou just takes far too long to actually DO anything. Sure there are fights and all that good stuff, which is great, but having absorbed the Nexus, only to have it cast out of him, he seems to think that spending a lot of time trying to get the witches powers is the only way to go. He doesn't need those powers to take the Nexus, he could have easily have used the power-stripping spell from the book, which is miraculously still in there despite having supposedly been destroyed a couple of seasons back.

And when he is tricked by their astral projections - despite having Phoebe's power, which is supposed to help him know what the witches are planning - he doesn't just zap to the attic - no he gives them time to get there, look for a spell (which they don't seem to find before the SWAT teams arrive that they spend ages staring down at despite more pressing matters) and only then turns up to blast a hole in the ceiling and roof, giving the Charmed Ones somehow time to find a place to hide and sleep so they can astrally project again, trick him again and blow up the basement.

And that 'huge' explosion doesn't even damage the flower beds!

No, it was good and it was exciting in places, and the touching scene with dad when they think they might not make it back is a nice tough. But overall it ended with a fairly loud whimper when it needed a great big bang.
  • If it's a great season finaleXd At Last a entire episode of fight! Great ideas and scenes! It's not boring at all! So not-stop! But if this would have been the show finale...show...what a bad episode then...no??

Despite the fact that It could have been better... this episode deserves a good rate for the fine example as a season finale! The work was well done, there's not a boring scene at all!

Camera Job: This episode has a really special scenes (When the vampires came down a attack the girls, when they get the book again, etc...) we have a thing that never has been done before in Charmed (At least no with this intention)... Movement Cameras!! We can see it the first scene in magic school! (This cameras are not "fixed" so they image keep moving while there're shooting! That makes the audience get nuts!! and nervous!! so you can be relax at the scene. Those kinds of movements are so caracteristic id "24"! Xd) Acting job: Well done, Piper had to say good bye to her children... It's a great scene! And Zankou did it so well!!

Other things: The effects were great! The SWAT! people! The SWAT! Isn't that so great to a finale!!! and the explosion... was a original idea!

The bad thing... The freaky *** fairys.... (Wouldn't have been a great season finale with a extreme killing of all fairies in the world Xd...??? I would do it!! Xd) At least they could have done a better fairy more like the wicca ones! Not a pink one! It sounds such a little girl!! And the astral proyection and the glamour thing... To much, I think... They could never do that that way... "Thank Prue teach Leo how to do it..." When I hear that...gets my nerve. It's as if they say "thank god Piper showed Leo how to blo things up!!!" It so so so silly! It was her power, they should do it that way (or at least no say that prue teach it!) And how the ** the can glamour!!??

To end... A great episode, a great story!! A great season finale.

PD: I think this episode as serie finale would have been so wrong, the charmed ones ignoring the inocents lifes! "let them die..." i think they never could do that! And a a serie finale was so...slow, weak! A serie must end with something bigger!!!
  • OMG, the series finale, no wait it isn't but it should have been.

What an excellent season finale, the third best after 'All Hell Breaks Loose' and 'Kill Billie Vol. 2/Forever Charmed'. The ending was phenomenal, it really was, I mean seeing the Nexus and Zankou blow up was amazing, seeing them in different identities was fun and everyone thinking their dead was a shocker.

When the sisters try to divert Zankou's attention from the Nexus, he hatches an ingenious plan to absorb all of their powers. However, when the girls realize what Zankou is up to, (I mean come on, they're not stupid) they are forced with a life-altering decision: sacrifice their powers or their lives.
  • it was supposed to end here but it didnt, THANK GOD !!!

Zankou has the book of shadows and gains Piper and Phoebes powers which leaves the witches no other choice to self sacrafice.. i saw this and heard it was the end and i didnt think it was much of an ending like the charmed ones wouldnt give up and go into hiding i think the producers had to say "this will be the end".. but knew they would make another season to woww everyone but i dont know if it worked or not. Overall i liked the episode and they looked back on so much times like, quake and spells that backfired.. but it cant beat the actuall season finale because i loved when all the family were together it made me want to cry!!!

• When the sisters try to divert Zankou's attention from the Nexus, he hatches a plan to get all their powers. When they find out what he is up to they are forced to sacrifice their powers or their lives.

Awesome episode. Very good for a seaon finale! One of the best season finales of Charmed. The funniest part was when Zankou was transformed into a pig! Lol! The sisters plan was good to defeat Zankou. Very good idea when they faked their own deaths and that Darryl new in was them when he saw them but they were different. Very cool when Zankou fired an energyball and the sisters moved at of the way and it went threw the roof and when they vanquish him its like a big explosion. I love this episode and think it was a great ending.
  • Wasn't actually the series finale, felt like it should be.

I find myself thinking that the season 7 finale felt like a better series finale the actual series finale, excluding the finale moments and speal montage. I remember when season 7 ended I was so anxious to find out if the show would return and was so glad when it did but I almost regret it. I wish they had ended it there. They had a lot of oppurtunity in season 8 to make great stuff, as they did every season, but to me it just bombed the most. Not to mention the temporary loss of Brian Krause and the add on of Kaley Cuoco, both big mistakes in my book.
  • The season 7 finale - Oh what a great ending it was.

The final battle with Zankou, continued from the last episode, bring the Charmed Ones facing Zankou and their own Nexus. After stealing the Book of Shadows, he uses it to steal the sisters' powers, but after a few attempts, only managed to take 2 powers. The sisters then learn from Prue how to Astral Project, and use this as well as the spell "To Banish a Suxen", the get rid of Zankou and the Nexus forever. Unscathed, the girls escape, free from anymore supernatural demons, as they are believed to be dead by the world. It was a fantastic episode. It ended up being a season finale but almost a series finale too. It did go on for the eigth and final season, which wasn't bad at all. But this season finale would have been less appropriate to leave everything off due to the fact that it presented many loose ends. The acting was perfect, and Piper's witty comedic quotes, especially the "fireball" one were, as always, fantastic. The whole episode was a great experience. It was very well written with suspense in mind...
  • Its not a the series finale but by God it should have been!!

This is an excellent end to Charmed, brilliant in fact. Its true its not necessarily the best written thing ever but then charmed has never been the best written program (always has that element of trash) but then we still love it.

Rounding up the Zankou storyline was great. The re-use of the nexus was great and, not that she deserved it the nod to Prue was great!

Darrel gets one last goodbye as he watches the newly hidden charmed ones, and leo walk away and everything just wraps up nicely. The end of this was so rewarding as the girls finally get what they want - to leave magic behind and its believable, for charmed. So what idiot thought 'I know lets make a new series, kill off Leo, not evenmention Darrel who been helping the girls for 7 years and introduce an irritating blonde sitcom actor......oooh and do a half rate actual series finally'? And before you ask I have reviewed that series finally as well.....I think you can guess how it reads.
  • brilliant.

zankou has the book of shadows and he wants to kill the sisters with it. this episode is one of the best in charmed 8 year run. It's exciting and the writing was also very good and when they were in the house you actually thought they were going to die.

This was the best and most exciting episode of season 7 and it is re-watchable. I hace watched it at least 5 times and i am still not bored with it. This was a great season finale.

overall: This is a really good episode of charmed and most people who watch it will enjoy it.
  • Something Crappy Gets Even Worse

4.5
    A very overrated episode, "Something Wicca This Way Goes" is one which looks good on paper but was ultimately ruined by Brad Kern's style of writing coupled with his unnecessary need to tone down what he sees as dark, with some pointless magical creatures, which is what he thinks the audience would have loved to remember, and a pig.

Both Combs and McGowan work wonders with the material they're given. Holly's absolutely heartbreaking as she says her goodbyes to her boys and Rose crying too makes for an excellent scene which brings back some memories of last season's finale "It's A Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World Parts 1 and 2." Alyssa however, doesn't put any emotion forward in this scene and it really spoils the mood when the camera goes into a close-up on her face.

Zankou had been the best villain since Cole during his appearances on six previous episodes. However, his constant need for The Nexus (which had already been done countless times) to destroy the Charmed Ones, as well as the fact that it took him so long to get from Magic School to The Manor and that he couldn't sense that the Charmed Ones were in astral mode sort of spoiled his character and this being his final appearance, there was no way they could have fixed it up. They may seem like tiny nitpicks but in my book, they really count.

The only other scene, apart from the aforementioned goodbye scene, which was undeniably well written was the ending. I just loved it and it would have been a perfect send off. However, these two scenes alone couldn't save the episode. If Kern had stayed off the magical creatures (vampires included), had taken more care whilst writing about Zankou and had maybe gone a little darker, this episode might have been a whole lot better.

With all that said, I must however say that I wish the series had ended here. I've already said that I loved the ending and I would have probably loved it a whole lot more if it had truly been the end. After this episode, there can only be more of a downhill. Season 8 never truly delivers with the possible exception of "The Jung And The Restless" and seems weak and slow, and the finale, "Forever Charmed," was light years worse than this.
  • Would Have Made A Great Series Finale, Shame It Was Picked Up For Another Season!

I am so upset Charmed was put on for another year. I love the show, but it had to end at some point! Why waste time and think of storylines which were basically pointless and unfair. This would have made a great finale, because all finales to other shows leave some mysterys about the show that make you feel it is still open in your heart. Next year was basically an aftermath and an extemley poor one. Brad Kern spent nearly all the money on this episode and even the cast expected this to be the final one, so why wasn\'t it?!
  • if the sisters are supposed to appear as themselves to the people closest to them then why couldn\'t Leo and Darrel see them as themselves?

if the sisters are supposed to appear as themselves to the people closest to them then why couldn\'t Leo and Darrel see them as themselves? this episode was pretty good but a lot of things didn\'t add up, the fact that they could all astral project and then the whole glamoring thing. they should have thought about this one a little bit more before they gave the final go ahead. gladly there\'s a season 8 to make up for the whole crappy glamoring plotline because this would have been the absolute worst series finale of all time and we wouldn\'t want that.
  • Yet another great charmed episode!

I couldnt wait to see this episode before it came out and when i did i thought it was probably the best episode of charmed yet. altough it was sad due to the fact that it was over and that they lost their powers, the action and thought put into the episode was just to good i thought it would never end. of course when it did i was really gutted because 7 years of charmed had just ended and i was sad. :'-( . But when i heard of season 8 i couldnt believe it. i knew that it would bring another really sad ending but at the same time it would still bring a action-packed amasing hour aswell. And now i just cant wait untill i see 'forever charmed'. I wont miss it for the world. :-)
  • how come suddenly all the sisters can astral project? let me begin by saying that I really love this episode. so why did i only give it 8? I\'ll explain:

first of all, if you compare it to the 3rd season finale, i think it is not as good as everyone says.

second, i was really disappointed from the astral projection trick. it seems like an easy getaway for kern, and it doesn\'t really add up:

in a previous episode of season 4, phoebe astral projected with a potion, so they already knew how to use it without the help of leo or prue. kern just wanted an excuse to use prue\'s name, because he couldn\'t deliver the real thing.

because shannon would\'nt come back (which really upsets me, couldn\'t she do an act of kindness for her fans ?) in one episode kern changed the rules of the charmed world that we know - each witch has her own power and becasue of their strong connection the sisters can channel each other\'as power (like in sense and sense ability). but this wasn\'t the case. suddenly all witches can astral project if they want !? and if so, can they master that ability in one episode? it took prue a whole season to control her new power.

and another thing to think about - if it so easy to use astral projection, the sisters could have use it all the time when fighting demons - think how much safer it is :-)
    maybe the could retire to a resort, and astral project themselves from now on...

pphhhlease...

the whole thing doesn\'t make any sense, and that is why i think the episode deserves only 8. i hope that the upcoming real show final will be much better and will be faithful to the show\'s 8 years narrative.
    This review has been deleted.
  • The most exciting and dramatic episode since all hell breaks loose!!!

WOW! This was one of the best episodes ever! From the very beginning when it left off from the last episode when they orb in to magic school tto the end when they go off to start their seemongly demon free lives! But I have to say I was a bit worried with then thinking this was the end of our three fav actresses!! But of course I was wrong!!! It was great seeing them having to take drastic measures to stop zankou even if that means destroyng the nexus! This part was oneof the greatest vanquishes in the show!!! Even if this was the series not season finale I would definatley be satisfied!!!
  • OMG It made me Cry!

It was the best episode possible! I didn\\\\\\\'t know if it was the last ever episode!

The episode shows so many of the different emotions that the sisters are feeling, as they think they are going to die. One of the saddest moments of this episode is when Piper, Phoebe & Paige leave Wyatt & Chris with Victor. It\\\\\\\'s so sad, especially as the sisters are trying not to cry.

I had to watch the last 30 minutes about 4 times, as i couldn\\\\\\\'t stop crying through it!

The end of the episode, where they have all changed into different people, and they walk off and Darryl sees them is really great, as he knows they are alive and the smile on his face is brilliant. SO SWEET!

It is definetly one of the best EVER episodes! :)

CHARMED FOREVER!
  • One of the best episodes in the show's entire history!

I didn’t expect when I flicked on Charmed for it’s season seven final to see it back for another year. I don’t expect that the writers did either after delivering us, the fans, such a fantastic episode as this. This episode tells the story of what should have been the final day for the Charmed Ones; they can see no hope for the upcoming battle against evil. So in last minute thinking the girls come up with a plan that will allow them to live normal lives, they have to fake their own deaths. This however is not told to the audience and creates a shock ending as we see the sisters walk away with their new faces on. It’s a shame that the show was continued as I doubt that the writers could come up with a more fitting final episode than this.

I’m just routing for an amazing season eight final!
  • This episode had me worried for a bit!

When I first saw this episode I was worried that it was the end of Charmed! First the threat of the sisters\' deaths, then the clever astral projection ruse. Then at the ned of the episode I was worried that the actresses were giving up their roles! It would have been an oppurtunity to change the stars, but luckily my fears wrere groundless and Charmed continues as one of the best shows on the air!
  • This is how Charmed should of ended, best season finale ever

This is how Charmed should of ended, I hate the fact they made season 8 because in this episode they tied up all the loose end. I’m so angry at fact they made another season mainly because they create some more loose end, who knows how they will tie up if they will.

This was I would have say the best season-finale of Charmed I have ever seen mainly because they really out-done themselves with fact this demon managed to get the book of shadows, This has been first ever demon to actually defeated the charmed ones and almost cost them their lives, speaking of which new identity, wow those actress were a lot more attractive then charmed one, shame they can’t replace them. I like the fact they never forgot Pru and her astray-projection abilities, it was rather brilliant of how charmed one manage pull that trick out of the blue.

Time for season review, this hasn’t been the best season but it defiantly ended with a bang.
  • A great episode

A great episode that I feel really turned this show around. By the time we reached this series charmed was getting less and less exciting but this series really turned things around and this was the perfect episode to end the series. If you missed this the first time around I would certainly advise you to keep an eye out for re-runs. If you saw this the first time, you should do the same and watch it again!!!
  • It was good, but not what i expected.

Ever since i heard it was gonna be on in Australia, i couldnt wait. The whole day i had butterflies in my stomach. But whe they finally got to it (after the double of death becomes them) i just couldnt beleive how much it didnt realy surprise me. I thought it would be really climatic like when they vanquished the source. Basiclly the climatic thing was using astral projection to kill Zankou. And why didnt paige orb the book to her when they were hiding in magic school. or when Zankou had just stolen it?
    In conclusion, this episode could have had more events.
  • This episode rocked, Its the best episode since All Hell Brakes Loose.

I saw this episode as part of a 2-hour movie length final along with Deaths Becomes Them, I'll rate both episodes 10/10.

This episode is the best episode ever, well best episode since All Hell Brakes Loose, it was filled with enough drama, emotion and excitment Charmed hasn't had in a long time.

Why they took this long to make these sorts of episodes bugs me, they focus too much on fairy tales and magical creatures, even though they were in this one, they were not the main focus.

Zanku steals the book of shawdows, takes over the manor, takes there powers and gets into magic school is probaly the only demon ever to do this, hes the closest anyone has got to really killig the charmed ones, I'll say hes the best demon to almost defeat them, but not the best demon.

I loved the ending, It really would of been a great last episode.
< 1 2 3