Charmed

Something Wicca This Way Goes

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 22, 2005 on The WB

• Zankou and the Nexus... and mutual destruction.

Thank God for Season 8. Yes, it may have had its rough spots, but it ended the right way. I couldn't imagine Charmed if the series ended with this episode instead of the superior in every way Forever Charmed. The best thing about this episode, besides the name, is the best thing about this season- Zankou. I am a big Oded Fehr fan, and his Zankou will remain the best demon, besides Cole, from Charmed. It is actually a shame that we never see him again, but at least he goes out in a blaze of glory and at least he takes Sheridan out before he goes. As usual, I find the entire exposure plot involving homeland security lame and preposterous. But it does end with Sheridan's demise, so it has that going for it. And excuse me, but isn't this a role reversal for Darryl's wife? Wasn't she always the one that said he had to protect the sisters and the greater good? Why the complete change?

I agree that the Darryl plot ended well, anyway. It was great to see an important character like him get a happy send off.

Frankly, the whole plot of this episode makes a lot more sense if it HAD been the final episode, as much as that would suck. What was the sense of faking their deaths if Wyatt and Chris are still alive to get threatened by demons? And again, what happened to the greater good? Screw that, I guess.

Great scene when Piper says good bye to her children. I was very moved. Good bye to a great bad guy in Zankou. Apparently the Nexus wasn't too important since the sisters go all Season 8 without it.