Charmed

Spin City

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 18, 2004 on The WB

• Spin City

Spin City was a perfect and very entertaining episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because the story was well written with great character development, magic, and drama. I thought it was a great sub plot within the story to have Paige help magical creatures from the Wicked Witch. It was great to see Chris and Leo have a father-son confrontation and air some things out though many issues remain. I liked how the magical creatures came to help the sisters save Chris and they were portrayed amazingly and very appropriately, except it was weird to see them at the club having a drink at the bar in the end. I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • Spider-Chris! Spider-Chris! Does Whatever A Spider-Chris Does!

3.5

Spin City-When Piper is kidnapped and cocooned by the Spider Demon, and Chris becomes infected with the Demon's venom, causing him to mutate into a spider demon, Paige, Phoebe and Leo try to rescue them. Meanwhile, Leo finally learns why Chris resents him.

I swear the more we know about Chris, the more emo and less tolerable he becomes. Last epsiode, we learn Piper dies when he's 14 in his future and he keeps his distance from her for that very reason. Which is weird considering Chris seemed fine before Piper knew she was his mother. Once again, the writers dropped this big bomb on us about Chris and suddenly he has a hard time being around Piper, now Leo because of future parental issues he had with them when we saw absolutely no signs of this in past episodes. Holly Marie Combs became unexpectedly pregnant during Season 6, so instead of finding a reasonalbe solution for Piper becoming pregnant, they just make Chris her son and go from there! I could careless about his issues with Leo and all the commotion over it this episode is a watse. Also, I find it hard to believe Leo would be a terrible father in any kind of future. He's always seemed responsible, putting his family first above all else, yet we're suppose to believe he wasn't there for Chris, when he was there for Piper and Wyatt. Drama ofr the sake of drama is never. EVER. good!

Then we have the Spider demon....man, did the budget take a hit or what? The Sipder demon looked like somethingyou could buy at a localIparty! Jeeze, how are you suppose to take her seriously. Then you have those damn magical creatures again. I swear every scene devoted to things, makes me want to take a shot just to tolerate them! The whole wicked witch sub-plot.....did these writers forget that they are writing for a primetime series, not PBS!? Ehw! No wonder Rose McGowan couldn't stand when the series kept getting picked up when she signed on the series, any scene whereshe has to talk to a fairy, an Orge and a Nymph, she seems so annoyed. Who wouldn't? Not much to say as usual, bad special effects, bad actiong, bad plot developments, bad, bad,bad!Oh and Phoebeditching a guy because he doesn't knock her up in the future?! Wow...it's like the writers want us to hate these characters!

• My favorite Episode!

This episode reveal lot of Character Development. Leo found out Chris is his second son. He doesnt know for six months. It is so long time! Piper and Leo suddenly became protective of Chris cuz he is their son. Piper and Leo's character changed lot cuz their son want to protect Wyatt from turning to evil and want nice future. It is so awesome episode ever I watched. I love it lot. Chris was infected by Spider Witch and became her ally. I cant believe Leo didnt visit his family for six months! He abandoned them for long time. But He found out Chris is his son and decided to stay with famiy permanently! HAPPY!
  • Great.

Great episode. This is one of my favorite episodes of charmed. Could watch it over and over. Leo learns Piper is pregnant and Chris is his son after Phoebe and Paige call for his help because Piper is wrapped up in a spider web. Piper didn't want Leo to know she was pregnant because it was so hard for him to leave one son. Chris is turning into a spider demon himself due to a poisonous bite. Leo also learns that Chris hates him but isn't sure why. In the end you find out that Chris hate Leo because he was never there for him. Leo favored Wyatt.
  • Peter Parker's evil sister

This would have been a really dark episode but for a bunch of ridiculous magical creatures.

When Chris is bitten by a web-weaving spider demon, he begins to transform into one himself. The demon then uses him to kidnap Piper, prompting the others to drag Leo down from Elderland to fix the mess. As plots go, it has stacks of potential but sadly it just doesn't deliver.

The spider demon is straight out of the vampire mould, complete with pointy fangs and gothic make-up. Thanks to a decent guest actress, she makes one of the best baddies of the season. I've always been surprised they don't have more vampire based demons on Charmed. I can only assume this is a conscious move by the writers.

By far the best part is what happens to Chris. It's not a great performance by Drew but the make-up looks fantastic, particularly the red eyes. I also loved the scene where Paige and Piper were looking for his bits on the ultrasound scan. Teehee indeed!

What disappointed me was the whole 'Chris hates Leo' undertone. Where did this come from? For the whole season, Chris has been trying to win Leo's trust and prove he is not a bad bloke. Now he's doing the complete opposite. These lapses of continuity really annoy me. As producer, Brad Kern should spot this nonsense straight away. As if Chris could beat up Leo anyway. Leo is much bigger than his son and he's a former gladiator.

I could have coped with this if it hadn't been for the pointless magical creatures. Why are the writers trying so hard to put us off this show? There was no reason for including them and that subplot with the witch was pathetic. And why on earth did Paige need the ogre to step on the spider anyway? Anyone could have done it.

With such a dark storyline, this should have been so much better.
  • Piper is wrapped up in a spider web thanks to a spider demon. Chris is slashed by the spider demon and infected. Phoebe and Paige summon Leo to help save both Piper and Chris and is shocked to find out Chris is his son. He helps and everything is normal.

I think Spin City is a wonderfully done episode. It is a twister to give you the idea that Piper has issues eith demons even during her pregnancy with Chris. At least she knows that she won\'t have to worry about him in the future. Everything is done kind of Spiderman like. It\'s almost creepy, but at least Leo finally knows about Chris. My personal opinion is that everything is fine except that you find out that Chris doesn\'t have any powers from the womb, or does he? That worried Piper alot. It all has a new twist to it. But at least we know Piper does face demons when she is pregnant with Chris.
  • In this episode everyone's in a sticky situation.

One of the most important episodes of the 6th season of Charmed dealing with character development. Althought the action of the episode it's not exactly spectacular( the spider demoness plot is rather boring), when it comes to finding more about Chris' feelings, this particular episode, along with "Hyde School Reunion" is pure gold.

After the demoness attacks, Chris gets infected protecting his mother and his darkest feelings, memories and emotions start to surface. We learn why he hates Leo so much and why he is constantly opposing to whatever help may come from his hands. In the future Chris came from, Leo is not much of a father, he's not a very constant presence in Chris' life( we also got a hint about that in the episode "I Dream of Phoebe").

However, according to Chris, Leo somehow found the time to " be there" for his older brother, a clear hint that Wyatt was his father's favorite. Because of that, Chris felt neglected, unimportant, and hated his father for making him feel that way. It's interesting that, even thought he knows that those things have not happened yet, Chris still acts like they did, like there's no point in trying to explain his reasons to Leo, because he feels it isn't going to make a lot of a difference in the change future he hopes to return to.

The amount of emotions displayed by Chris in this episode is huge in comparison with almost all the other and that's what makes this particular episode worth seeing, despite of the fairly poor action.
  • You were never there for me. You were there for everyone else Mom, Wyatt, half the world, but you were never there for me. You didn't have the time.

This is another great episode for Drew Fuller, who I don't think gets enough credit for a role that had to be played in a very vague way for about two third's of the season, as Chris.

When Chris is infected by a spider demon that kidnaps Piper, and technicly his present day self inside her, Leo returns for elder-land to help save her ever growing family and finally learns the truth about Chris. Although the happy little family isn't exactly so happy, even after Chris is cured and the demon is vanquished his anger and resentment towards Leo still last. Leo was there for everyone. Piper, Wyatt, half the world but he was never there for Chris. This episode really does have everything. An awesome demon, the family complications that Charmed was infamous for, and the great scenes between all the different characters. Plus a little demon butt kicking. People don't give season 6 enough credit.
  • Brilliant episode one of season 6s best

Piper is kidnapped and cocooned by the Spider Demon a creature that emerges every hundred years to feed off a powerful magical being. During the attack, Chris is infected with the Demon's venom, causing him to mutate into a spider. Paige calls for help from her forest friends as she, Phoebe and Leo try to rescue Piper and Chris. Meanwhile, Leo finally learns why Chris resents him.
  • The relationship between Leo and Chris is faced, but beyond that, the episode is so-so. The demon is not impressive.

7.1
    Paige and her fairy tale friends are center-stage. The writers have fun with "normalizing" fairy tale characters and then having the characters want to be turned back. There is a nice touch with the ogre.

It is obvious that Holly needed an easy episode. While Piper is the center of the spider-demon storyline, she has limited screen time. It is nice that the episode focused on Leo and Chris. The anger that Chris demonstrates towards Leo is so realistic. Many children have latent negative feelings about their parents.

Phoebe is so focused on finding her man that she forgets the fun of the pursuit. What a shame!
  • In this episode, Chris is infected by a Spider Demon, who then uses him to kidnap the most powerful magic source available - Piper, who is pregnant with her 2nd half witch - half whitelighter baby. Desperate, the family calls Leo - and OOPS...

This is an episode that ties together a lot of loose ends. Everyone who counts now knows the truth as to why Chris came from the future and how is is really tied to the Halliwell sisters. Phoebe has always disagreed with Chris\' keeping his secrets, and not surpriningly, she is the one who tells Leo the truth about his newest son. Chris\' love for his mother is sweet and it is sad to see just how much the son resents his father. Piper and her father were obviously Chris\'s biggest positive influences. But you have to wonder if his abandondment issues (Mom died when he was 14 in that future, Dad was never there for him) is the bigger reason why Chris refused to confide in anyone more than concerns about future consequences. So what is biggest in Chris\'s mind: future consequences or future issues?
  • A great deal to learn from this episode, however the main plot was disappointing.

Leo finds out about Piper being pregnant, and then he learns that the very same baby is Chris. He starts to wonder why Chris hates him so much.

Meanwhile Piper is wrapped up in a spiders web as Chris is turning against the charmed ones due to a poisonous bite.

Not the best plot in the world and not quite dramatic enough, however the drama at the ened with Chris still punching Leo even when the curse is lifted is touching and saves the episode from another \'filler\' comment.
  • Chris is turned into a spider demon after being scratched by one.

This has to be my favourite episode of charmed. I could watch it a thousand times and still not be sick of it. I find it very amusing and entertainment at its best. how ever if I saw a spider that size I would be on a chair balling my eyes out screaming kill it as to I have a fear of spiders. I loved the bit where Paige had to change the fairytale creatures back and destroy the wicked which of the forest. I give it 10 out 10 any day. Loved this episode so much writing this reveiw makes me want to watch it.
  • Crap of the Spider Woman

1.9
    An absolutely awful episode which highlights three terrible things about Charmed: bad planning of story developments, childish storylines and bad acting. All which occur in this episode...

Spin City (groan...) has the sisters battling a Spider Demon who abducts Piper and infects Chris whilst Paige helps out some of her woodland friends (ogres, trolls, nymphs, leprechauns) from an ugly witch called, uh, the Ugly Witch.

This whole hour is massively awful. The Spider Demon storyline is increasingly dull as it goes on and the Spider Demon herself could have been a cool, sexy bad girl but ends up being your average, run-of-the-mill freak of the week. Her abduction of Piper is boring and seeing Chris mutate into, oh dear, Spider Man is extremely cheesy. The Chris vs. Leo angle of this episode comes out of nowhere and it's never paid off in any remaining episode of this season. The writers occasionally do this, suddenly inventing a story development which has never been hinted at before or paid off in any other episode. It's disappointing and extremely out-of-place.

And one more thing: quit with the childish magical creatures!!! This episode features every awful creature from the past two seasons and they are incredibly lame. Who cares that some Wizard of Oz-like witch is being mean to them? And the fact that the Spider Demon is killed when a troll drops a rock on her is mind-numbingly bad. Maybe the writers made this episode for up-and-coming writers and show them what TV shouldn't be like?

Rating: F
  • Chris a spider. Leo a dad.

Chris, Piper, and Paige get attacked by a spider demon. Phoebe is on a quest for her future. Chris starts to turn into a spider demon. He takes his mom and himself (well his mini self) to the spider demon. Leo finally learns that Chris is his son and also that Chris for some reason hates him. They finally defaet the spider demon with the help of some of Paiges new woodland friends. Leo and Chris fight and leo gets beat up. Even after being changed back to normal Chris kept hitting him. Later Leo finally finds out that he was never there for Chris in the future. He was there for everyone else but not for him.
  • Leo a daddy again?

I liked this episode because first of all the spider demon was unexpected. When she put Piper into the cacoon it gave the opportunity for Leo to be called for help. In doing so he finally found out that Piper was pregnant with Chris. It showed all the hostility of why Chris hated Leo so much and it showed Leo a bit of what he had to do to not have that kind of relationship with Chris. I liked that the others helped out Paige and Pheobe to try to vanqish the spider demon. Its nice to see the sisters get some outside help once in a while.
LIFE