Charmed

Still Charmed & Kicking

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 2005 on The WB

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Free from demons the sisters try to live their new lifes. They find out that it is not that easy.

I love this episode. It has everything a Charmed episode must have to make it good. Good dialouge, good demons and the sisters.

The introductionen of Billie was perfect, she is a good addition to the show.

I can´t wait to see the rest of the episodes of the this season.
  • This was a great season premeire.

This was a great season premeire. The Charmed Ones fake their own death to live normal lives without demons and worlocks attacking them. They also come up with their own new identities so that everyone thinks they are dead. They pretend that they are Piper, Phoebe, and Paiges cousins, Julie, Jo, and Jenny Bennet. But some demons aren't really convinced that the Charmed Ones are really dead. So they decide to go after Victor. At the end Piper glamours into Wyatt and vanquishes the demons that were after Victor. I thought that was really cool. This episode was great for a season premeire.
  • After the Charmed ones fake their own death, they have to try to live "normal" lives. To help the girls still fight evil, they take a young girl named Billie under their wing.

I am really glad that "Charmed" was kept for another season but I definately donot like Kayley Cuoco joining the cast. There's only room enough for 3 witches as regulars on this show! I wish that Prue was brought back instead of bratty Billie. Stay true to the loyal fans!
  • What do I think about an episode?

Still Charmed and Kicking is very unoriginal episode. I think that it was the most interesting of all season premires for the whole eight seasons. It as really interesting to eatch how will sisters change their lives, characters and minds. The episodes starts from the funaral. And there is the words, which phoebe, I mean cousin said to Piper:
    Piper: You can't keep on a guy in a funeral!
    Phoebe: Why not? It is my funeral. Really funny, HA? I also liked to watch how Wayatt went with his role when he destroys over two demons. I think It was fantastic! I mean that almost everything I liked in this great episode was really wounderful!
  • Defiantly still charmed & kicking!!!

I've got to say when the 7th season of charmed ended I didn’t think they would be back. Even though I am a sworn fan of charmed it wasn’t doing to well…
    But here it is back with an 8th season that looks defiantly good!
    The new season starts with the charmed ones taking on new identities and starting "normal" lives. But they just can't get away…

The season premiere was great!!
    They defiantly got of to an amazing start! And gave us a hint of mysteries yet to come...

• the Charmed ones try to live normal lives but that's not that easy when demons want to kill Phoebe and Piper's dad...

Overall an enjoyable episodes

It's nice to see the sisters try to live a normal life but paige doesn't seem so sure of that fact when she keeps getting jingles in her head. So that's why she summons grandma for advice who later in return defends Paige against Piper and Phoebe who are mad of her when she fought a demon when they planned on not doing that

Also it's quite obvious that demons don't believe that the sisters are not dead, since all of a sudden three nieces live in the house. And now Victor should be dead according to them, of course that doesn't happen so Piper turns into wyatt and Phoebe into Victor to scare the demons away. They think it works but the demons think that Wyatt isn't able to think of a plan like this so they're still a bit aware about that

Overall a nice episode and the introduction of Billie, I wonder what they'll do with her character. She seems very interesting to me.
  • And now the Charmed Ones get on with their "normal" lives...

At the start of this episode, the Charmed Ones are at their own funeral. Well, excuse me for thinking that this is not exactly a nice normal start to a nice normal life. Then, there is the trouble that little Wyatt doesn't recognize them. So Phoebe has the brilliant idea that they'll look like themselves to family and completely different to everyone else. The problem? Aside from the fact that this threatens to completely ruin Phoebe and Paige's love lives, how exactly is a life where you look one way to some people and a completely different way to everyone else a 'normal' one? The answer: it's not.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about this episode

7.4
    The season 8 opener of charmed was an alright episode. It wasn't the best season opener but it was a good-ish start.

The episode started with a memorial service for the Charmed ones. It was interesting to see that Paige had no-one at her urn and it was a factor played on for the rest of the episode. The Janice Dickinson bit was funny but a waste of time and money considering that she was there for about 20 secs Thought that they might've given Leo an urn since he was presumed dead but obviously this episode was meant to be about the sisters only (Poor Leo- this is at least the second time he has 'died' and he’s probably never had a proper funeral!)
    The fact that the girls have been changing their identities was interesting and explains how they have gone undetected for the past week. I would've preferred there to be a longer period between the s7 finale and this episode especially considering there would've needed to be a police investigation. It seemed unrealistic that they would've been back in the manor so soon.

I liked that Paige went back to doing magic almost immediately- shows how much she does love magic. I found it strange that Phoebe wanted so badly to have a demon free life. She has always loved her witch identity and was always proud of it. Piper's doubtfulness at the beginning was understandable but she inevitably went back to wanting a normal life.

I'm not a fan of these new identities. I don't like that they can switch without even moving. I agree with Victors and Grams' sentiments (good to see her again) that the girls haven't thought this through. Not only will money (Phoebe doesn't have a job anymore) and their new identities be a problem but there is the little matter of who will bring up Wyatt and Chris. Is Victor their guardian or are Jenny and Louis? I hope the writers think this one through a little bit more before the next episode. The girls also didn't think through who will magically protect Wyatt and Chris from demons. It was nice to see that least the elders thought of it (Bit stupid that they wanted to take the boys since they were so opposed to them going 'up there' before) but a shame that the girls (and the writers) didn’t.
    The actors who play Wyatt have really grown up and are coming out of that really cute phase. Hopefully with this new maturity we might see some more of Wyatt and he might even speak! (I got really excited when ‘Wyatt’ was killing all those demons with his powers. I thought his powers had grown loads and that he now had control of his exploding power. I also thought that he had inherited the freezing power. Very disappointed when I realised that it was just Piper) Just one thing though- where’s baby Chris?
    Not sure what to make of the new characters. Neither were shown that much so I guess I’ll hold judgement on them just yet.

Overall the whole episode felt a bit bitty, there were a lot of loose ends to tie up as well as a lot of things to be started (Billie and Dex). Look forward to the next episode where we can start to see what the charmed ones lives are really like now and start to see some character development from Billie and Dex.
  • The Charmed Ones must continue their lives with new identities after their fake deaths. But will they be able to keep their existence hidden from the world, the underworld and the Elders?

I thought this episode is very, very, very good!
    A great season opener.
    Billie's character is a little ridiculous and her fighting moves are a bit indulged, but also a bit funny.
    I loved Paige as Janice Dickenson in the beginning.
    Phoebe was funny too at the part where she hugs Elise.
    Piper seemed really powerful at the part where she transformed into Wyatt, she still got the moves!
    They all acted great and it was just.. SUPER!!
    The whole episode was well thought and well written. And definetely gives you a reason to keep watching the show after 7 years.
    Good job!
  • the girls make permeneant glamours. They use a spell and they now have new identities. Paige summons grams becasue lack of a life before. phoebe goes shopping and has a premonition when she greets an old mystery man. Piper has trouble but least of the thr

This episode was an all time classic. I think it was the best series premiere ever. The last season ended totally mystifying. It was almost like they couldnt do it but they did and ith flying colors i may add. It had what the show i think was lacking for a long time. It had what it had when shannen was still on the show. I think the three girls were stronger bonded then they have been in a very long time. Prue had brought leadership and adventure, but paige brought dysfunction for a while. It seemed to me that they finally regained what i have been longing for in the show for almost 5 years. This was the first episode where i didnt say where is Prue? Even though i knew she wouldnt be back i almost wondered why the showed survuved but now i know!
  • The cliffhanger from last season finale left us all wondering how can the sisters will get out of this one. Well they came out with something fresh & original, it's like watching Season1 but different, that's exactly why I watch this series "Charme

Knewing that maybe season 7 would be the last I got shocked with the season finale, all I wanted was find out what would happen next.

Well, now I found out!
    It was just incredible, the way the writters got out of this one amazed me, they came out with something fresh & original, something that we all wanted since a long time.

The Plot:
    In the Manor people morn over the sisters urns but the Charmed sisters are still alive and nobody knows excepts Victor, so the target of evil it's over his head.
    In the first battle where the demons try to kill Victor we're introduced to a new witch that recently dicovers her powers and in the very last scene we discover that she is a blonde college girl named Billie.
  • Off to a good start.

A definite improvement on last season's premiere and highly enjoyable. Probably the strongest premiere in terms of acting since season 4. The girls are looking hotter than ever especially Paige. Didn't expect the show to be like this after the finale but overall it didn't disappoint. Wish they would give Leo something to do.
  • I love Charmed but I have to say this episode was not one of there best. What's going on??????

7.9
    Charmed is my all time favorite show but I have to say this episode did not do the show justice. Don't get my wrong this episode didn't turn me off from every watching again I just wonder what the writers where thinking.

The show did have some good points. I liked Phoebe's premontion about her future and I like how Piper and Phoebe posed as Victor and Wyatt and how Piper was gloating with pride that the underworld fears her son. I missed the first 10 minutes so I'm not to sure how that went.

I'm also questioning about Paige's new charge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't charges assigned by the Elders. And if they are, why would an Elder visit Victor and giving him condolences on the girls death. If they are in charge of assigning charges wouldn't that mean they put Billie with Paige. So they must know she's alive.

Oh and about this Billie person. First of all I think they approached it all wrong. And whats with the get up. I dont recall the charmed ones going all S&M bondage when they first attacked demons. And another thing couldn't they find a better actress to play the part of Billie. I'm sorry but Kaley Coucou whatever her name is, is not very talented. Her acting is very lacking. There were and are better actresses out there.

I just hope the show picks up. I just love this show and hope it doesnt end poorly.
  • Although I'm glad to see the three sisters back again, one begins to wonder what it costs to keeep Charmed airing.

5.6
    I am a great fan of the show, since the beginning. But there have been so many plots twists, that one begins to wonder how desperate they are not to get cut.

I was sure they were, by the way. I mean think about it - they change their identities after changing the world (and then back again), to get away from demons chasing them. Somewhat of a drastic change to go through - so what's left? Well this episode will tell you!

Just to add to the confusion and redundancy of the situation, they're going to occupy the same house, pretend to be cousins, and still look the same to us.

What's more, Paige still gets jingling in her head, so she decides to still carry on being a white lighter.

Phoebe gets one of her world famous preminitions about the future of her love-life, including a guy that apparently she frequently said hello to in the lift, and never knew the name.

It all just leans too much towards day-time television, and no longer holds the flare of prime time.

One must hope that there are better things in their future.
  • Season 8 premiere rocked! brilliant, entertaining and well worth the wait. Cant wait for Malice in Wounderland.

Fantastic episode, really really good. Lots of negative reviews for this episode and i dont even know why they are complaining, because this has got to be the best episode yet!. It is really entertaining, i like the whole Billie idea really good, i cant wait to see what the rest of the eigth season, and hopefully this is not the last.
  • Am I on creack?

This was the best the writers could come up with for a season premiere? Wow...

Basically, this episode shows the sisters and Leo assuming new identities - Piper, Phoebe, Paige and Leo become, respectively, Jenny, Julie, Jo, and Louis Bennett, with new "bodies" to match. We meet a new witch, Billie, who will inevitably become an honorary Charmed one. We also meet Dex, who Phoebe will apparently marry, after she sees him and her in a premonition as bride and groom.

First off, the main reason I gave the episode higher than a 2 was because the sisters look great, when they're not being shown as their "glamour" selves. Rose (Paige) looks older, but in a good way. I think she looks great. Alyssa is still as gorgeous as ever, but I must say, Holly looks [i]fantastic[/i]. And Brian - HOT.

Then, Kaley Cuoco (as Billie) came on the screen and killed everything. I hated her stupid 'Alias'-ripoff look. It's annoying, and I'm glad that she'll lose it (I think) in 'Run, Piper, Run.' It didn't do anything for the story and it made her character seem trashy, which I'm sure she's not.

And what's all this commotion about "young demons?" They don't look any different than the other demons the Charmed ones have fought, so why are they so special? The only good thing I can see coming from this new crop of young demons is the non-appearance of Billy Draco (Barbas, the demon of fear). Good riddance.

I do like Dex, and I think he and Phoebe (Julie, whatever, I can't keep their names straight).

All in all: I expected more from one of my favorite shows. Hopefully, as the storylines mature some, my interest will grow. As it stands, I'm still going to watch it, but it's with a greater appreciation for seasons three and four, when I think the writing was the best.
  • An Excellent Season Opener!

An Excellent Season Opener!

This episode was a great way to hook any new Charmed fans to this.

The plot just grabbed you, it was clever and very amazing, so far this is one of my favorite episodes!

The new character Billie is also good to the storyline and I can't wait for it to expand further!

The next episode will be even better!
  • Pretty Good.

I liked this episode. I love how they're hiding from the rest of the world, but the people they call family see them who they really are. I like the new witch, Billie. Well, I'm pretty sure she's a witch. I dont remember if they said it or not. Can't wait for next weeks.
  • This episode was just Great,because it introduced us to this new season: new witch, Piper and Phoebe wanting to forget about the last 7 years and Paige not being too sure about it, Demons and cops trying to figure out if they're really dead. -My fa

This episode was just Great. People keep complaining about it and I don't get why. If Charmed still was like it was back in seasons 2 and 3 it would have been cancelled long ago. Fresh new ideas, that's what shows need, and that's what season 8 is going to be about, All new, new situation for all of us, and for the girls, because they have never been in this situation before.
    Billie, the new witch, looks cool. Maybe too buffyish for my liking but I guess I'll end up liking her.
    I loved to see Grams, and Wyatt looked adorable. The plot was good, because it introduced us to this new season: new witch, Piper and Phoebe wanting to forget about the last 7 years and Paige not being too sure about it, Demons and cops trying to figure out if they're really dead. For me it's one of the best season premieres, mainly because the rest of them didn't feel like premieres, this one does. My favorite after Charmed Again.
  • And OK episode, but a BAD season premiere.

6.1
    I found this season's season premiere to be the weakest in the entire series' history. It's actually one of the weakest episodes in its history!

Nothing big really happened. Ouh, demons wanna take over the manor, get scared off, people are suspicious of the Charmed Ones still alive. Yaddi yaddi yadda. Yes, that would have made an OK episode, but not a good season premiere.

And there's Billie doing all of these cliché stuff that we've all seen Prue do so much better before. For an episode, OK, for a season premiere, bleh.
  • The Halliwell sisters fake their own deaths to live demon free lives, only they have trouble adjusting to their new lives. Paige's new charge is a mysterious, butt-kicking witch who's appearance causes more questions then answers.

I didn't like it. Something didn't feel right about the episode. Maybe it's the new girl. Scratch that it is the new girl. Umm can anyone say Buffy? What an obvious knock off! It's like they tried too hard to make this girl so awesome. The karate, the super abilities, her own theme music, her super clever lines that just pour out of her mouth non stop. She too much. Please don't let her ruin the show.
  • The Halliwell sisters try to live their lives as new identities.

7.4
    I liked this show, but not as much as I thought I would. It was good, and a good way to follow the story line of last seasons finale. But how is Pheobe going to marry that guy? Who is this young girl? How is she important? And the demons... yes always have to have demons :P. Any way, I would like to see how this show ends.
  • not that bad

7.8
    not that bad of a show.

didn't like some things but it wasn't bad.

i think it's ok the series is ending because they are running down on ideas.

i think they should make something like smallville, but focus on the future wyat and chris of the 6th season but in chris's future and shows us how it would be.

by the way does any body know what's the music playing on the loading of alyssa's internet page?

www.alyssa.com
  • This show has now officially gone from bad to worst. For a person who's seen every single episode in seasons 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 this is when it jumps the shark. It is just horrible!

3.2
    This show has now officially gone from bad to worst. For a person who's seen every single episode in seasons 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 this is when it jumps the shark. I don't even have the will to watch anymore. Season 7 could've ended the show, but nooo... they had to ruin it for us. And the ratings - Horrible. Even Grams didn't stop this episode from sucking so bad. Phoebe's premonition - HORRIBLE WRITING!!! Billie's character - BAD IDEA!!! Continuing the show - ALSO A BAD IDEA!!! I'm sorry, but if they don't pay Shannen Doherty all the money in the world to make a guest appearance this show will be cancelled before you can say: Can't wait for the third episode. And with a title like "Malice in Wonderland" for the next episode and with it not being a season premiere, the ratings may even go lower than 0 (don't know how this is possible. lol). I just hope, for you: devoted fans, that this show at least makes it to the end of 2005.
  • they fake there death and paige sees a new witch and victor get attacked and then the witch comes and fights these 3 demons and then the 1st shimmers out and she runs out and then we see phoebe glammered as vic. and piper glammered as wyatt

they fake there death and they start to like thier live majic free and then phoebe get a premonion of her and dax geting marryed and then paige still gets jingles in her head go and sees what it is. and victor gets a talk with the elders. and leo sees it so he calls piper. then 3 semons shimmer in and billie comes in (the new witch) and vanqusihed them but only one and he flammes out. then we see victor come in and the demon is there so then wyatt orbs in and vanquishes them . paige comes in and phoebe glammer back to herself (she was victor) and so does piper (she was wyatt) and then we see billie going to class.
  • well this isnt a series finale just the last season! :(

unfortunately i havent been able to watch this yet because it isnt being aired where i live just yet but from what ive read and seen over the internet i really cant wait!! another dissapointing thing is i just read on alyssas website (www.alyssa.com) in an interveiw that she did with OK! magazine that this is charmed final season!! how badly does that suck?! anyways looking forward to seeing it!
  • Having faked their own death in last year's season finale, the sisters are now creating fake lives for themselves! In a wonderful twist of fate, the charmed ones have been given a chance to live a life without magic, and they have decided to make the most

Nicely done! The family interaction and the demon hunting is what made this show great from the start... I enjoyed this episode very much and I am pleased to see charmed is finally getting back to what it does best!
    Although the sisters have decided to create new identities for themselves, and live a life without magic, Paige is unable to because she is half-white lighter. Even though the elders don't know she's still alive, one of her charges seems to! The new character looks like she'll be fun, and will inject some fresh blood into the show (kind of like when Paige first showed up!)... I can't wait to see more!
  • I love this show. This was a great way to start off the EIGHTH season.

The Power of Three is over, the Halliwell sisters are dead; at least thats what the demons and the rest of the world thinks. The 8th season opens with the sisters memorials in the Manor. Piper, Phoebe, Paige, and Leo are continuing to change their appearances so that no one can recognize them. Phoebe then comes up with a spell to change their outter appearance for good, but the family can still see them as they were. They all create new identities, but Paige is still having a lot of trouble adjusting.Paige is still getting the elders jingles, and she wants to fight demons. As Paige runs after after a demon into the movie theater, she meets a new witch (Kailey Cuoco). The elders also talk to Victor and ask him to give them the children, so they can raise them in a magical world. In the end of the episode the witches realize that they need to keep the demons away from their family, Victor, and the kids. So Pheobe and Piper change into Whiet and Victor and use their powers to pretend that Whiet is killing the demons. This sends back a message to the demon world, but they are starting to question if the Halliwell sisters are really dead. Great way to start of the season. I can not wait to watch more.
  • yall are just haters this was a great episode yall need to just shut up.

i loved this episode. Wyatt is so cute. This was a great episode.I love Alyssa Milano's hair and Kelly Cuoco's wardrobe.I also want to know some spoilers. I hate the fact that the demons are starting to figure out their clever ruse.I wish we could've seen their new identities more clearly.Jason Lewis is so cute.I hope that they show when phoebe and dex get married.Is Kaley Cuoco's character going to move in with the sisters after this?This episde just keeps you wanting more and more.I hope that this show never ends, but i know that all good things must come to an end but i hope that this ends a long time from now.
  • I liked the eppie and hope this season will be better than last year. However, I really don't think I'm gonna like the new girl. Her scenes were too contrived.

Everything about this premire of Charmed was great except that bionic new witch who seems to have all the moves, knows where every demon will ultimately be, and talks like a poor action star. I'm hoping her role will be downplayed a lot...seriously.

Overlooking that. I will say, the preview was better than I expected it to be. I really loved Phoboe's quirkiness in the elevator with the hunk. And goodness is he ever hot! Hope to see more of him and the way that relationship will play out.

I'm looking forward to this season.
1 2 3