Charmed

Still Charmed & Kicking

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 2005 on The WB

• I watch Charmed because this show on more than one time has made my day turn from a completely dreadful to completely prefect with no worries. To me Charmed is the best show in the world and if there was no Charmed I could not live.

Charmed to many people is just a show with no meaning than to entertain people for no reason at all. To tell all the people in the world who think just that, Charmed is not fun and games. Charmed is very serious business and that it takes a lot of time and effort to make a episode the outstanding qulity that they always are. I want people to know I had no interest in the show once, but as I kept watching the show I became compeletly hooked. Now I am devistated if I miss an episode where thoes ladies are kicking but for an hour. To me no day is perfect without Charmed!
  • Seasone Premiere Summary........ This is a huge spoiler for charmed viewers actually anticipating the season premiere of charmed in order to find out how the sister are going to get their lives back, again this is a spoiler

The episode opens with a wake at the manor. Victor greets the mourners. The sisters are still morphing in order not to be uncovered. Victor is overwhelmed by all of this but the sisters remind him they are alive and free. Paul Haas, a darkly handsome man in his late 20’s, is at the manor and starts chatting with Victor asking if there was ever an official cause of death, if the police found Leo, etc. He seems to be interested in the manor as well… In the Underworld, a new generation of demons (in their 20s with rock star looks), rejoices when they learn the sisters are dead as no one, except other demons, will be able to stop them now. They want to establish a foothold in the mortal world and what better foothold then the manor? Agent Keyes is ready to go back to D.C. even though he admits the case isn’t really closed. He has Agent Murphy stay behind to keep an eye on things. An Elder visits Victor to talk about Wyatt and Chris. Victor is in charge of P3 but it seems Piper is somehow working there too. Elise, leprechauns, Little Wyatt, and Leo appear in the episode. It seems Mark McGrath’s character will be named Dex and will be in this episode. Kaley Cuoco's character seems to be named Billie, and if we are not mistaken about her character, she will be in this episode.
  • Although this episode aires on september 11th I hope the original characters come back quickly because the series will lose a lot or even all the viewers!(kinda obvious)

Here is my theorie about 8x01 :

They start out with the glamoured characters that already have found a place to stay and have picked up the kids at Victors place.
    They move on as quick as possible and somehow become their old selves again.
    Something will come over them and stop them from moving on(I guess Penny or Patty or so).
    They won't agree with picking up where they left of and fight it and will be continued in 8x02.

This is just a scenario that is in some parts obvious because of the series guidelines.
    I was just letting the fantasy flow.

I hope somebody agrees!

• Why I watch...

This is what I love about Charmed. The writers keep you in suspense just waiting until the new season comes out. This episode will be one of the best because it will tell how they got away, and how they will start training new witches. It really shows that the writers can do a great job even though some have thought that they have slacked off in the past seasons. In my opinion Charmed is one of the best shows out and it keeps your imagination working. This episode will show how the sisters can really kick butt no matter who they are up against.
  • This is an example of a not so good premier... but who knows maybe it'll get better.

This is a fine example of a less favorite episode. I trully love Charmed, it is my all time favorite but I\'m afraid that it is loosing its touch. Last sesons\' finale was great but the premier was not as good as I would hope it would be. The new witch really doesn\'t catch my attention. I don\'t like the fact that they have new idntities. I hope that they clear that up. Also I hated that Darrell was nowhere on the show at all. Most shows that start of with a slow premier spice up during the season. I think this might be the last season (which I hope not) but if it is then I hope that its something spectacular!!! I hav never missed an episode & I hope I never regret the time I have put into these Charmed chicks of mine!!! I hope the kick ass this season!
  • Definitely not one of my favorite episodes. After waiting so long for it to come out, it fell short in my book. The episode dragged and felt a bit choppy. I feel like they were trying to answer a lot of questions, but it was done laundry list style.

Instead of taking 5 episodes or whatever to get their identities back, why don't they just call the cleaners again? Or use memory dust, or something. I hope the next few weeks don't drag like this. I know the idea is that they get new lives, but we all know without demons there isn't a show, so let's not waste too much time on this not being charmed gig, it's the name of the show afterall. And I don't like the new witch.
  • Something was missing. Still a good episode though

This was a good way to open up the season. I just felt like something was not there. I think they should of gone into the new characters dex and billie a little more. I guess they could have done this on purpose so you watch more. I liked how they showed Wyatt more in this episode more, where was baby Chris? Still a good episode, so glad 8 has finally begun.
  • Charmed, but not so Kickin'

5.5
    The premiere episode of season 8, for what the writers had to work with from last season, was pretty well planned, except for a few flaws. Mind you, these were not minor flaws, but pretty major ones. The problem with Charmed writers is their inability to explain things. First and foremost, they never explain how the Charmed ones, except for Paige, have the ability to change their appearance with the snap of a finger. Paige is the only one who can change her appearance, or glamour, a whitelighter power that is very rarely used. Piper and Phoebe, on the other hand, would have had to rely on a spell, which neither of them chanted until they decided to make their appearances \"permanent.\" And, just as a side note, their \"new looks\" are kind of hoochie looking. Even more so than Phoebe and Paige are normally. Other than that, the biggest mistake made was cutting Darryl from the show for this first episode. If Darryl were to no longer be a part of the girls\' lives, you would think Brad Kern would at least have him in the first episode to attend their wake. Darryl\'s exit was abrupt and unexplained and a huge letdown to viewers. At least they kept the show focused on the girls and not on Billie (Kaley Cuoco)--for now.
  • Finaly back with a new and great episode!

I loved this ep. After some very long months of vaiting, a new and great episod has finaly aired.
    This was a great opening for the eight season. It's very funny and I really do love the fact that it was mainly all about the family, with just a few scenes including some demons and a very strange witch (?).
  • Yep I am sad to say, this was a filler!

As I feel I am a devoted Charmed fan, the fact that I see this as a filler is alarming to me. After so much waiting, I feel I was let down. As a viewer I have to wonder how much Billie will take center stage. The powers she has seem, well alarming. She seems to have the same powers as the sisters, and Phoebe’s acrobatics. In my opinion they have the Charmed Ones in one, not so good black wig and leather. And since I am on the leather thing, the leather has got to go and take the wig with it!

I will continue to watch and hope this gets better. This was an okay episode, and leaves this viewer to wonder…Should there have been a Season 8?
  • Charmed is the best TV show ever. You ROCK cast of Charmed.

If your into Wicca then Charmed is a great show. I think that everyone on Charmed play their parts very well and I just know that I'm going to enjoy watching all the episodes of Season 8. I hope that Charmed stays on the air for a very long time.
  • I liked the eppie and hope this season will be better than last year. However, I really don't think I'm gonna like the new girl. Her scenes were too contrived.

Everything about this premire of Charmed was great except that bionic new witch who seems to have all the moves, knows where every demon will ultimately be, and talks like a poor action star. I'm hoping her role will be downplayed a lot...seriously.

Overlooking that. I will say, the preview was better than I expected it to be. I really loved Phoboe's quirkiness in the elevator with the hunk. And goodness is he ever hot! Hope to see more of him and the way that relationship will play out.

I'm looking forward to this season.
  • yall are just haters this was a great episode yall need to just shut up.

i loved this episode. Wyatt is so cute. This was a great episode.I love Alyssa Milano's hair and Kelly Cuoco's wardrobe.I also want to know some spoilers. I hate the fact that the demons are starting to figure out their clever ruse.I wish we could've seen their new identities more clearly.Jason Lewis is so cute.I hope that they show when phoebe and dex get married.Is Kaley Cuoco's character going to move in with the sisters after this?This episde just keeps you wanting more and more.I hope that this show never ends, but i know that all good things must come to an end but i hope that this ends a long time from now.
  • I love this show. This was a great way to start off the EIGHTH season.

The Power of Three is over, the Halliwell sisters are dead; at least thats what the demons and the rest of the world thinks. The 8th season opens with the sisters memorials in the Manor. Piper, Phoebe, Paige, and Leo are continuing to change their appearances so that no one can recognize them. Phoebe then comes up with a spell to change their outter appearance for good, but the family can still see them as they were. They all create new identities, but Paige is still having a lot of trouble adjusting.Paige is still getting the elders jingles, and she wants to fight demons. As Paige runs after after a demon into the movie theater, she meets a new witch (Kailey Cuoco). The elders also talk to Victor and ask him to give them the children, so they can raise them in a magical world. In the end of the episode the witches realize that they need to keep the demons away from their family, Victor, and the kids. So Pheobe and Piper change into Whiet and Victor and use their powers to pretend that Whiet is killing the demons. This sends back a message to the demon world, but they are starting to question if the Halliwell sisters are really dead. Great way to start of the season. I can not wait to watch more.
  • Having faked their own death in last year's season finale, the sisters are now creating fake lives for themselves! In a wonderful twist of fate, the charmed ones have been given a chance to live a life without magic, and they have decided to make the most

Nicely done! The family interaction and the demon hunting is what made this show great from the start... I enjoyed this episode very much and I am pleased to see charmed is finally getting back to what it does best!
    Although the sisters have decided to create new identities for themselves, and live a life without magic, Paige is unable to because she is half-white lighter. Even though the elders don't know she's still alive, one of her charges seems to! The new character looks like she'll be fun, and will inject some fresh blood into the show (kind of like when Paige first showed up!)... I can't wait to see more!
  • well this isnt a series finale just the last season! :(

unfortunately i havent been able to watch this yet because it isnt being aired where i live just yet but from what ive read and seen over the internet i really cant wait!! another dissapointing thing is i just read on alyssas website (www.alyssa.com) in an interveiw that she did with OK! magazine that this is charmed final season!! how badly does that suck?! anyways looking forward to seeing it!
  • they fake there death and paige sees a new witch and victor get attacked and then the witch comes and fights these 3 demons and then the 1st shimmers out and she runs out and then we see phoebe glammered as vic. and piper glammered as wyatt

they fake there death and they start to like thier live majic free and then phoebe get a premonion of her and dax geting marryed and then paige still gets jingles in her head go and sees what it is. and victor gets a talk with the elders. and leo sees it so he calls piper. then 3 semons shimmer in and billie comes in (the new witch) and vanqusihed them but only one and he flammes out. then we see victor come in and the demon is there so then wyatt orbs in and vanquishes them . paige comes in and phoebe glammer back to herself (she was victor) and so does piper (she was wyatt) and then we see billie going to class.
  • This show has now officially gone from bad to worst. For a person who's seen every single episode in seasons 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 this is when it jumps the shark. It is just horrible!

3.2
    This show has now officially gone from bad to worst. For a person who's seen every single episode in seasons 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 this is when it jumps the shark. I don't even have the will to watch anymore. Season 7 could've ended the show, but nooo... they had to ruin it for us. And the ratings - Horrible. Even Grams didn't stop this episode from sucking so bad. Phoebe's premonition - HORRIBLE WRITING!!! Billie's character - BAD IDEA!!! Continuing the show - ALSO A BAD IDEA!!! I'm sorry, but if they don't pay Shannen Doherty all the money in the world to make a guest appearance this show will be cancelled before you can say: Can't wait for the third episode. And with a title like "Malice in Wonderland" for the next episode and with it not being a season premiere, the ratings may even go lower than 0 (don't know how this is possible. lol). I just hope, for you: devoted fans, that this show at least makes it to the end of 2005.
  • not that bad

7.8
    not that bad of a show.

didn't like some things but it wasn't bad.

i think it's ok the series is ending because they are running down on ideas.

i think they should make something like smallville, but focus on the future wyat and chris of the 6th season but in chris's future and shows us how it would be.

by the way does any body know what's the music playing on the loading of alyssa's internet page?

www.alyssa.com
  • The Halliwell sisters try to live their lives as new identities.

7.4
    I liked this show, but not as much as I thought I would. It was good, and a good way to follow the story line of last seasons finale. But how is Pheobe going to marry that guy? Who is this young girl? How is she important? And the demons... yes always have to have demons :P. Any way, I would like to see how this show ends.
  • The Halliwell sisters fake their own deaths to live demon free lives, only they have trouble adjusting to their new lives. Paige's new charge is a mysterious, butt-kicking witch who's appearance causes more questions then answers.

I didn't like it. Something didn't feel right about the episode. Maybe it's the new girl. Scratch that it is the new girl. Umm can anyone say Buffy? What an obvious knock off! It's like they tried too hard to make this girl so awesome. The karate, the super abilities, her own theme music, her super clever lines that just pour out of her mouth non stop. She too much. Please don't let her ruin the show.
  • And OK episode, but a BAD season premiere.

6.1
    I found this season's season premiere to be the weakest in the entire series' history. It's actually one of the weakest episodes in its history!

Nothing big really happened. Ouh, demons wanna take over the manor, get scared off, people are suspicious of the Charmed Ones still alive. Yaddi yaddi yadda. Yes, that would have made an OK episode, but not a good season premiere.

And there's Billie doing all of these cliché stuff that we've all seen Prue do so much better before. For an episode, OK, for a season premiere, bleh.
  • This episode was just Great,because it introduced us to this new season: new witch, Piper and Phoebe wanting to forget about the last 7 years and Paige not being too sure about it, Demons and cops trying to figure out if they're really dead. -My fa

This episode was just Great. People keep complaining about it and I don't get why. If Charmed still was like it was back in seasons 2 and 3 it would have been cancelled long ago. Fresh new ideas, that's what shows need, and that's what season 8 is going to be about, All new, new situation for all of us, and for the girls, because they have never been in this situation before.
    Billie, the new witch, looks cool. Maybe too buffyish for my liking but I guess I'll end up liking her.
    I loved to see Grams, and Wyatt looked adorable. The plot was good, because it introduced us to this new season: new witch, Piper and Phoebe wanting to forget about the last 7 years and Paige not being too sure about it, Demons and cops trying to figure out if they're really dead. For me it's one of the best season premieres, mainly because the rest of them didn't feel like premieres, this one does. My favorite after Charmed Again.
  • Pretty Good.

I liked this episode. I love how they're hiding from the rest of the world, but the people they call family see them who they really are. I like the new witch, Billie. Well, I'm pretty sure she's a witch. I dont remember if they said it or not. Can't wait for next weeks.
  • An Excellent Season Opener!

An Excellent Season Opener!

This episode was a great way to hook any new Charmed fans to this.

The plot just grabbed you, it was clever and very amazing, so far this is one of my favorite episodes!

The new character Billie is also good to the storyline and I can't wait for it to expand further!

The next episode will be even better!
  • Am I on creack?

This was the best the writers could come up with for a season premiere? Wow...

Basically, this episode shows the sisters and Leo assuming new identities - Piper, Phoebe, Paige and Leo become, respectively, Jenny, Julie, Jo, and Louis Bennett, with new "bodies" to match. We meet a new witch, Billie, who will inevitably become an honorary Charmed one. We also meet Dex, who Phoebe will apparently marry, after she sees him and her in a premonition as bride and groom.

First off, the main reason I gave the episode higher than a 2 was because the sisters look great, when they're not being shown as their "glamour" selves. Rose (Paige) looks older, but in a good way. I think she looks great. Alyssa is still as gorgeous as ever, but I must say, Holly looks [i]fantastic[/i]. And Brian - HOT.

Then, Kaley Cuoco (as Billie) came on the screen and killed everything. I hated her stupid 'Alias'-ripoff look. It's annoying, and I'm glad that she'll lose it (I think) in 'Run, Piper, Run.' It didn't do anything for the story and it made her character seem trashy, which I'm sure she's not.

And what's all this commotion about "young demons?" They don't look any different than the other demons the Charmed ones have fought, so why are they so special? The only good thing I can see coming from this new crop of young demons is the non-appearance of Billy Draco (Barbas, the demon of fear). Good riddance.

I do like Dex, and I think he and Phoebe (Julie, whatever, I can't keep their names straight).

All in all: I expected more from one of my favorite shows. Hopefully, as the storylines mature some, my interest will grow. As it stands, I'm still going to watch it, but it's with a greater appreciation for seasons three and four, when I think the writing was the best.
  • Season 8 premiere rocked! brilliant, entertaining and well worth the wait. Cant wait for Malice in Wounderland.

Fantastic episode, really really good. Lots of negative reviews for this episode and i dont even know why they are complaining, because this has got to be the best episode yet!. It is really entertaining, i like the whole Billie idea really good, i cant wait to see what the rest of the eigth season, and hopefully this is not the last.
  • Although I'm glad to see the three sisters back again, one begins to wonder what it costs to keeep Charmed airing.

5.6
    I am a great fan of the show, since the beginning. But there have been so many plots twists, that one begins to wonder how desperate they are not to get cut.

I was sure they were, by the way. I mean think about it - they change their identities after changing the world (and then back again), to get away from demons chasing them. Somewhat of a drastic change to go through - so what's left? Well this episode will tell you!

Just to add to the confusion and redundancy of the situation, they're going to occupy the same house, pretend to be cousins, and still look the same to us.

What's more, Paige still gets jingling in her head, so she decides to still carry on being a white lighter.

Phoebe gets one of her world famous preminitions about the future of her love-life, including a guy that apparently she frequently said hello to in the lift, and never knew the name.

It all just leans too much towards day-time television, and no longer holds the flare of prime time.

One must hope that there are better things in their future.
  • I love Charmed but I have to say this episode was not one of there best. What's going on??????

7.9
    Charmed is my all time favorite show but I have to say this episode did not do the show justice. Don't get my wrong this episode didn't turn me off from every watching again I just wonder what the writers where thinking.

The show did have some good points. I liked Phoebe's premontion about her future and I like how Piper and Phoebe posed as Victor and Wyatt and how Piper was gloating with pride that the underworld fears her son. I missed the first 10 minutes so I'm not to sure how that went.

I'm also questioning about Paige's new charge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't charges assigned by the Elders. And if they are, why would an Elder visit Victor and giving him condolences on the girls death. If they are in charge of assigning charges wouldn't that mean they put Billie with Paige. So they must know she's alive.

Oh and about this Billie person. First of all I think they approached it all wrong. And whats with the get up. I dont recall the charmed ones going all S&M bondage when they first attacked demons. And another thing couldn't they find a better actress to play the part of Billie. I'm sorry but Kaley Coucou whatever her name is, is not very talented. Her acting is very lacking. There were and are better actresses out there.

I just hope the show picks up. I just love this show and hope it doesnt end poorly.
  • Off to a good start.

A definite improvement on last season's premiere and highly enjoyable. Probably the strongest premiere in terms of acting since season 4. The girls are looking hotter than ever especially Paige. Didn't expect the show to be like this after the finale but overall it didn't disappoint. Wish they would give Leo something to do.
< 1 2 3