Charmed

Still Charmed & Kicking

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 2005 on The WB

• Terrible. Terrible, TERRIBLE! how this ridiculous show has lasted this long is simply unbelievable. Shows like buffy, angel, friends, firefly, trucalling are off the air, but this piece of garbage is still on. a disgrace to television everywhere. a true

0.1
    this show went from pretty darn good the first ~5 years to painful to watch the last 2ish years. silly stuff like nymphs and trolls and mermaids and mummies, and terribly written lines, delivered by decent yes, unbelievably attractive actresses is the entire 2 years summed up. NOTHING has happened, nothing ground breaking, NOTHING, and this year starts off the same. handsome guys, revealing dresses and predictable, half witted plots.

i truly hope this show is taken off the air before it can sink any lower.
  • This show has now officially gone from bad to worst. For a person who's seen every single episode in seasons 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 this is when it jumps the shark. It is just horrible!

3.2
    This show has now officially gone from bad to worst. For a person who's seen every single episode in seasons 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 this is when it jumps the shark. I don't even have the will to watch anymore. Season 7 could've ended the show, but nooo... they had to ruin it for us. And the ratings - Horrible. Even Grams didn't stop this episode from sucking so bad. Phoebe's premonition - HORRIBLE WRITING!!! Billie's character - BAD IDEA!!! Continuing the show - ALSO A BAD IDEA!!! I'm sorry, but if they don't pay Shannen Doherty all the money in the world to make a guest appearance this show will be cancelled before you can say: Can't wait for the third episode. And with a title like "Malice in Wonderland" for the next episode and with it not being a season premiere, the ratings may even go lower than 0 (don't know how this is possible. lol). I just hope, for you: devoted fans, that this show at least makes it to the end of 2005.
  • Charmed but not kicking.

Ah, up to the last season of Charmed.

‘Charmed & Kicking’ isn’t as bad as I thought on first viewing.,

It’s actually quite entertaining, mostly thanks to Paige.

The episode also featured some painful scenes (mostly thanks to the horrible acting of Miss Milano) and some cringe worthy lines, again mostly the Phoebe lines.

In this episode the charming sisters fake their own funeral, people are mourning…except over Paige, poor thing.

Also Paige keeps hearing these jingle sound from somebody. She’s also having trouble living her new life and meets a wig Lady. All dressed in black ready to fight demons.

What was /that/ all about anyway? Okay I already know Billy (I rather wish I didn’t) but why did they dress her like that? I was waiting for her to start wearing a red wig.

Anyway, yadayadayada. Not so many things happened. Oh, there were these demons that wanted to be sure if the charmed ones were dead and they wanted to kill Viktor and take over the charmed house. But they got their ass kicked by the wig lady and by baby Wyatt, well turned out to be Piper.

The good thing about this episode was that it had some hilarious moments, specially from Paige. The acting wasn’t all that bad and the three charming sisters looked very pretty.

The bad thing was that there were too many unnecessary scenes and it had some cringe worthy dialog.

The episode isn’t bad on viewing but its hardly memorable and easy to forget.
  • A so-so season opening to the final season of Charmed.

6.6
    After the shock final of last year I was hoping for something really amazing to kick this new season off with a bang. Unfortunately the show, as it has done many times before, fails to deliver. The sister’s faked deaths seem pointless as the girls are still living under the manor and posing as the Charmed One’s cousins. As usual there is a demon plot but instead of the sisters going to fight, little baby Wyatt does – quite a stupid development. However, there are some good moments, the introduction of Billie is fresh and exciting. Despite what fans say it is exactly what Charmed needs, a new character that isn’t going to turn out into a 6 episode Phoebe love interest. Hopefully the series can offer some more classics before it’s done.
  • Disapointing!

This could have been so much better, but nothing really happened it was sooo boring and i hate the fact that everyone thinks they're dead, it would have been okay if that was the ending to the show but because it's not, that idea is crap! thankfully it didn't stay like that, but for the first episode of season eight, it's a huge let down. I still love the show and am glad the other episodes have been good but it was a disappointment
  • well this isnt a series finale just the last season! :(

unfortunately i havent been able to watch this yet because it isnt being aired where i live just yet but from what ive read and seen over the internet i really cant wait!! another dissapointing thing is i just read on alyssas website (www.alyssa.com) in an interveiw that she did with OK! magazine that this is charmed final season!! how badly does that suck?! anyways looking forward to seeing it!
  • Charmed is the best TV show ever. You ROCK cast of Charmed.

If your into Wicca then Charmed is a great show. I think that everyone on Charmed play their parts very well and I just know that I'm going to enjoy watching all the episodes of Season 8. I hope that Charmed stays on the air for a very long time.
  • Although this episode aires on september 11th I hope the original characters come back quickly because the series will lose a lot or even all the viewers!(kinda obvious)

Here is my theorie about 8x01 :

They start out with the glamoured characters that already have found a place to stay and have picked up the kids at Victors place.
    They move on as quick as possible and somehow become their old selves again.
    Something will come over them and stop them from moving on(I guess Penny or Patty or so).
    They won't agree with picking up where they left of and fight it and will be continued in 8x02.

This is just a scenario that is in some parts obvious because of the series guidelines.
    I was just letting the fantasy flow.

I hope somebody agrees!

• Okay, why did they need to introduce someone less mature than Phoebe when she first came on the scene?

2.1
    Sorry, I just cannot accept that adding a teenager to the show was the way to save it. Here Piper is a mother of two. Two boys that are very magical. Phoebe already has been married and divorced. She has been around the block...a few times. Then there is Paige, she is an adopted child and has to learn the Craft fast since she is three seasons, I mean years, behind.

So, we need a co-ed? Really!? The end is near...oh, that is from another show.

I am glad that Piper is suspicious. Yes, Phoebe appreciates that she is an athlete...
  • Charmed has always been a little "lame" with some of the monsters and demons being complete idiots, but this episode was just SO awful, I found it hard not to go watch some Law and Order show - which I hate by the way!

OK - yay - Charmed is back. But did it have to be so lame? If Janice Dickonson (who the hell is that anyway?) walked into a funeral I was attending, I would not say: "Wow - she knew her? I'm impressed!"
    I would be like:
    "Wow - who the hell are you?"
    And the whole fighting scenes with Billie and her outfit were just extremely lame!
    "Oh - my first demon!"
    And that music in the backround was simply terrible!
    Why did I watch this!?
    The fact that Phoebe came up with that idea off the top of her head annoyed me as well!
    They should have studied about it and looked through the Book of Shadows, etc. But instead they have a problem and "poof" there is the solution conveniently written into the script!
    GRRR!
    I used to love Charmed - why did they do this to it!?
  • Error in show

5.2
    There is big mistake in this episode. Pheobe is having premonitions and Piper (glamored as Wyatt) is freezing and blowing up demons. I just have one question. How did Pheobe and Piper get their powers back? Zankou took their powers at the end of last season. I read in the TV Guide that they were going to have to earn back their powers but as yesterday's epidode proved they already have them.
  • Still Charmed and Tacky

5.5

Still Charmed and Kicking-After being presumed dead, the Halliwell sisters begin their demon-free existence with new identities: Phoebe is overwhelmed with visions of her future husband; Paige begins hearing her whitelighter call, which draws her to a mysterious young witch; Piper attempts to deal with her financial situation, the club and her children. Meanwhile, a brash young demon decides that he wants the Halliwell manor as a trophy and plots to kill Victor to get to it.

So.....after what should have been the series finale in Season 7, The WB at the time decided "hey this show making us some good money, why not renew it for one more time and suck the life out of it even more!" Thus we have Season 8, the worst season of the series, possibly one of the worst season of television history! How else to you explain the unbearable void of quality this season has? Thanks to Brad's special deal with The WB to make this happen, the budget for the series was cut in half, Leo is only present for only 10 episodes this year, Darryl was completely dropped from the series....and worst of all, Billie! Yes, the character that pretty muchsolidifiedthis season's badness! How else do you explain her beyond laughable debut in this premiere with her tacky costume? Looking like a cross between a Matrix reject and a prostitute, every scene with Billie in this episode (and the next) sees her doing some cheap moves and spewing out corny one-liners backed by a cheesy soundtrack like she's supposedly some badass or something when I all I do is turn away from the screen. I honesty find it hard to believe that this random, new witch can effectively hunt and kill demons is she barely knows what a witch is in the first place yet the writers make it seem like being a witch is piece of cake!

The episode is actually not as bad as I remember it. The family moments with the sisters, Leo, Victor and Grams are actually pretty good. It's nice to know the new identities the sisters are taking on won't we easy and is already showing some consequences like Wyatt not being able to tell who is mother is when Piper's in disguise. I loved how each sister handles their new life differently, Paige hears the cries of a new charge and doesn't know whether to expose herself orignorethe call while Piper is having seconds thoughts, worried about the consequences and Phoebe is all to excited to start a life a new! It's really ironic considering Phoebe was the most embracing of being a witch back in the early years, sure a lot has changed since then and so has Phoebe (not in a good way), but it's bittersweet moment knowing the fact. Grams of course is unhappy about the girls' decision, in a rare scene where we see her and Paige bonding. Though is makes me wonder, if Grams knows, then how come the Elders don't? How exactly did the sisters "cloak"themselvesfrom higher beings like the Elders? Speaking of them, I love the scene where Victor stands up to one of the Elders when they decide to take the Wyatt and Chris away from him. It's a strong moment for Victor, showing just how much he's changed since he left the sisters when he was younger. This is a man committed to his family now and will do whatever it takes to protect them. I also liked the moment were Wyatt (who turns out to be Piper) unleashes his powers on a new breed of demons trying to kill Victor. It's a great SFX sequence watching Piper blowing up demons and freezing energy balls all over the place, just showing how powerful she is. Though I have to wonder this sudden glamouring power Piper and Phoebe have are kinda random. I'm sure it's just a glamouring spell that mimics Paige's glamouring power but the way they do it all the time is kinda annoying. Anyway, the demon plot is not worth mentioning, just know the main demon of the week finds out the Charmed Ones are alive, leading into next episode. Not to mention, Jason Lewis's debuts as another spot in Phoebe's lists "one shot love interests" as Dex. More on that non-relationship new episode. All and All, 'Still Charmed and Kicking" is an overall mediocre opening with some good family scenes but weak villains, a horrible debut by Billie and nagging plot points.

• The Three [fresh] Faces of the Halliwells

As season premieres go...No, wait...as season premieres of Charmed go, this one isn't half bad. After such a fantastic end to season seven, the execs at the WB felt that they could milk a bit more from this supernatural cash cow, with a few notable changes, of course: a slashed budget, a new, fresh-faced Wicca, and more emphasis on the sisters, as opposed to magic.

To be perfectly honest with you, Brad Kern manages to meet these requests quite admirably: the girls are trying to reconfigure their demon-free lives (by going shopping, of course! Nothing says 'hello, new life' like a new pair of shoes!); the FX work is actually pretty effective and used sparingly enough, and this mysterious kick-ass Wicca certainly ticks off the intriguing column for the time being (the cheesy music and questionable outfit only adding to the entertainment value).

The arcs that are set in place could have been stronger (Phoebe sees herself marrying a complete stranger; Paige can't stop hearing a ringing noise in her head; and Piper...is just there). The main one, of course, is that the Charmed Ones are considered deceased. Fineto. Six Feet Under.

Phoebe comes up with a spell that allows them to project a false image of their desired look to the outside world (save for loved ones, like Wyatt and Chris) so that they can pretend to be cousins of the Halliwells, which is a neat idea, but I have one gripe: the actresses playing our leads at the beginning of the episode absolutely NAIL Piper and Phoebe, so it's a pity that we have new versions, which look nothing like our gals (which, I suppose, IS the point: but, c'mon, what's with the hair -- Piper's hair is down, but her projection's is up, and Phoebe's is the exact opposite).

It's a frilly-nilly episode, but it certainly manages to focus on the Halliwell family, which is more than welcomed. And not just the sisters, but Grams and Victor share reasonable screen-time -- something I'd like to see more of. Light-hearted fun, but perhaps a little too exposition heavy for its own good.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about this episode

7.4
    The season 8 opener of charmed was an alright episode. It wasn't the best season opener but it was a good-ish start.

The episode started with a memorial service for the Charmed ones. It was interesting to see that Paige had no-one at her urn and it was a factor played on for the rest of the episode. The Janice Dickinson bit was funny but a waste of time and money considering that she was there for about 20 secs Thought that they might've given Leo an urn since he was presumed dead but obviously this episode was meant to be about the sisters only (Poor Leo- this is at least the second time he has 'died' and he’s probably never had a proper funeral!)
    The fact that the girls have been changing their identities was interesting and explains how they have gone undetected for the past week. I would've preferred there to be a longer period between the s7 finale and this episode especially considering there would've needed to be a police investigation. It seemed unrealistic that they would've been back in the manor so soon.

I liked that Paige went back to doing magic almost immediately- shows how much she does love magic. I found it strange that Phoebe wanted so badly to have a demon free life. She has always loved her witch identity and was always proud of it. Piper's doubtfulness at the beginning was understandable but she inevitably went back to wanting a normal life.

I'm not a fan of these new identities. I don't like that they can switch without even moving. I agree with Victors and Grams' sentiments (good to see her again) that the girls haven't thought this through. Not only will money (Phoebe doesn't have a job anymore) and their new identities be a problem but there is the little matter of who will bring up Wyatt and Chris. Is Victor their guardian or are Jenny and Louis? I hope the writers think this one through a little bit more before the next episode. The girls also didn't think through who will magically protect Wyatt and Chris from demons. It was nice to see that least the elders thought of it (Bit stupid that they wanted to take the boys since they were so opposed to them going 'up there' before) but a shame that the girls (and the writers) didn’t.
    The actors who play Wyatt have really grown up and are coming out of that really cute phase. Hopefully with this new maturity we might see some more of Wyatt and he might even speak! (I got really excited when ‘Wyatt’ was killing all those demons with his powers. I thought his powers had grown loads and that he now had control of his exploding power. I also thought that he had inherited the freezing power. Very disappointed when I realised that it was just Piper) Just one thing though- where’s baby Chris?
    Not sure what to make of the new characters. Neither were shown that much so I guess I’ll hold judgement on them just yet.

Overall the whole episode felt a bit bitty, there were a lot of loose ends to tie up as well as a lot of things to be started (Billie and Dex). Look forward to the next episode where we can start to see what the charmed ones lives are really like now and start to see some character development from Billie and Dex.
  • The Halliwell sisters try to live their lives as new identities.

7.4
    I liked this show, but not as much as I thought I would. It was good, and a good way to follow the story line of last seasons finale. But how is Pheobe going to marry that guy? Who is this young girl? How is she important? And the demons... yes always have to have demons :P. Any way, I would like to see how this show ends.
  • not that bad

7.8
    not that bad of a show.

didn't like some things but it wasn't bad.

i think it's ok the series is ending because they are running down on ideas.

i think they should make something like smallville, but focus on the future wyat and chris of the 6th season but in chris's future and shows us how it would be.

by the way does any body know what's the music playing on the loading of alyssa's internet page?

www.alyssa.com
  • I love Charmed but I have to say this episode was not one of there best. What's going on??????

7.9
    Charmed is my all time favorite show but I have to say this episode did not do the show justice. Don't get my wrong this episode didn't turn me off from every watching again I just wonder what the writers where thinking.

The show did have some good points. I liked Phoebe's premontion about her future and I like how Piper and Phoebe posed as Victor and Wyatt and how Piper was gloating with pride that the underworld fears her son. I missed the first 10 minutes so I'm not to sure how that went.

I'm also questioning about Paige's new charge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't charges assigned by the Elders. And if they are, why would an Elder visit Victor and giving him condolences on the girls death. If they are in charge of assigning charges wouldn't that mean they put Billie with Paige. So they must know she's alive.

Oh and about this Billie person. First of all I think they approached it all wrong. And whats with the get up. I dont recall the charmed ones going all S&M bondage when they first attacked demons. And another thing couldn't they find a better actress to play the part of Billie. I'm sorry but Kaley Coucou whatever her name is, is not very talented. Her acting is very lacking. There were and are better actresses out there.

I just hope the show picks up. I just love this show and hope it doesnt end poorly.
  • I've always been a fan of Charmed, but this could have been better.

As far as season premieres go, I would have to say that Season Seven's 'A Call To Arms' was the worst, followed by Still Charmed & Kicking. That doesn't mean that I hate the show by saying that. I understand that creatively, it would have been very hard for Brad Kern and the rest of the Charmed writers to return to the show after the Season Seven finale. I felt the show had changed in many ways. Phoebe's voice and her premonitions were different. And I kept getting a 'Big Wolf On Campus' vibe from the character of Billie (which is funny because Brandon Quinn starred in this episode). The way she was portrayed was nothing like Charmed has ever done before, and to be honest, I didn't really like it. I am looking foward to see what the rest of the new season brings.
  • After the Charmed ones fake their own death, they have to try to live "normal" lives. To help the girls still fight evil, they take a young girl named Billie under their wing.

I am really glad that "Charmed" was kept for another season but I definately donot like Kayley Cuoco joining the cast. There's only room enough for 3 witches as regulars on this show! I wish that Prue was brought back instead of bratty Billie. Stay true to the loyal fans!
  • The Halliwell sisters fake their own deaths to live demon free lives, only they have trouble adjusting to their new lives. Paige's new charge is a mysterious, butt-kicking witch who's appearance causes more questions then answers.

I didn't like it. Something didn't feel right about the episode. Maybe it's the new girl. Scratch that it is the new girl. Umm can anyone say Buffy? What an obvious knock off! It's like they tried too hard to make this girl so awesome. The karate, the super abilities, her own theme music, her super clever lines that just pour out of her mouth non stop. She too much. Please don't let her ruin the show.
  • I liked the eppie and hope this season will be better than last year. However, I really don't think I'm gonna like the new girl. Her scenes were too contrived.

Everything about this premire of Charmed was great except that bionic new witch who seems to have all the moves, knows where every demon will ultimately be, and talks like a poor action star. I'm hoping her role will be downplayed a lot...seriously.

Overlooking that. I will say, the preview was better than I expected it to be. I really loved Phoboe's quirkiness in the elevator with the hunk. And goodness is he ever hot! Hope to see more of him and the way that relationship will play out.

I'm looking forward to this season.
  • This is an example of a not so good premier... but who knows maybe it'll get better.

This is a fine example of a less favorite episode. I trully love Charmed, it is my all time favorite but I\'m afraid that it is loosing its touch. Last sesons\' finale was great but the premier was not as good as I would hope it would be. The new witch really doesn\'t catch my attention. I don\'t like the fact that they have new idntities. I hope that they clear that up. Also I hated that Darrell was nowhere on the show at all. Most shows that start of with a slow premier spice up during the season. I think this might be the last season (which I hope not) but if it is then I hope that its something spectacular!!! I hav never missed an episode & I hope I never regret the time I have put into these Charmed chicks of mine!!! I hope the kick ass this season!
  • Something was missing. Still a good episode though

This was a good way to open up the season. I just felt like something was not there. I think they should of gone into the new characters dex and billie a little more. I guess they could have done this on purpose so you watch more. I liked how they showed Wyatt more in this episode more, where was baby Chris? Still a good episode, so glad 8 has finally begun.
  • And now the Charmed Ones get on with their "normal" lives...

At the start of this episode, the Charmed Ones are at their own funeral. Well, excuse me for thinking that this is not exactly a nice normal start to a nice normal life. Then, there is the trouble that little Wyatt doesn't recognize them. So Phoebe has the brilliant idea that they'll look like themselves to family and completely different to everyone else. The problem? Aside from the fact that this threatens to completely ruin Phoebe and Paige's love lives, how exactly is a life where you look one way to some people and a completely different way to everyone else a 'normal' one? The answer: it's not.
  • What do I think about an episode?

Still Charmed and Kicking is very unoriginal episode. I think that it was the most interesting of all season premires for the whole eight seasons. It as really interesting to eatch how will sisters change their lives, characters and minds. The episodes starts from the funaral. And there is the words, which phoebe, I mean cousin said to Piper:
    Piper: You can't keep on a guy in a funeral!
    Phoebe: Why not? It is my funeral. Really funny, HA? I also liked to watch how Wayatt went with his role when he destroys over two demons. I think It was fantastic! I mean that almost everything I liked in this great episode was really wounderful!
  • Pretty Good.

I liked this episode. I love how they're hiding from the rest of the world, but the people they call family see them who they really are. I like the new witch, Billie. Well, I'm pretty sure she's a witch. I dont remember if they said it or not. Can't wait for next weeks.
  • Yep I am sad to say, this was a filler!

As I feel I am a devoted Charmed fan, the fact that I see this as a filler is alarming to me. After so much waiting, I feel I was let down. As a viewer I have to wonder how much Billie will take center stage. The powers she has seem, well alarming. She seems to have the same powers as the sisters, and Phoebe’s acrobatics. In my opinion they have the Charmed Ones in one, not so good black wig and leather. And since I am on the leather thing, the leather has got to go and take the wig with it!

I will continue to watch and hope this gets better. This was an okay episode, and leaves this viewer to wonder…Should there have been a Season 8?
  • Free from demons the sisters try to live their new lifes. They find out that it is not that easy.

I love this episode. It has everything a Charmed episode must have to make it good. Good dialouge, good demons and the sisters.

The introductionen of Billie was perfect, she is a good addition to the show.

I can´t wait to see the rest of the episodes of the this season.
  • After being presumed dead, the Halliwell sisters begin their demon-free existence with new identities: Phoebe is overwhelmed with visions of her future husband; Paige begins hearing her whitelighter call, which draws her to a mysterious young witch.

The beginning of season 8. Very good! I love Billie in this and that she dresses in all black and at the end she is a normal school girl. That was an awesome flip she did. Season 8 is really good so far. I wish Darryl was still there. They mention Glen after all this time! Wow! I thought he was done with. I guess not.

< 1 2 3