Charmed

Styx Feet Under

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 10, 2004 on The WB

• Styx Feet Under

Styx Feet Under was another perfect and very entertaining episode of Charmed and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development. It was interesting to see a half human half demon try to kill his human relatives so that he may become fully demon. The sisters use magic to protect an innocent but end up preventing Death from completing his work. It was awesome to see Death force Piper into helping him by making her like him, and in the process giving Agent Brody the absolute proof he needs to confront the sisters about their magic so that they may help him for some mysterious purpose. Leslie and Phoebe had some good scenes and development as well. I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • this episode is amazing. Paige dies, Piper is death, Phoebe fights demons to save an innocent.

So Paige and Piper are trying to save this man's life from a demon. Paige casted a protection spell on their innocent, and inadvertently stopped all death from happening. Phoebe is good old Phoebe in this one, wanting to battle a demon to save an Innocent's life.(although i don't see what a sabbatical has to do with that)

Piper as the angel of death was great, because Holly Marie Combs can pull anything off really. I loved how Paige died for a change, and how she died trying to protect her older sister. I liked Charisma Carpenter. shes hot.

I loved how Phoebe got one of her active powers back, and i was exicted when i first watched the 7th season, I thought they were going to give her other powers back too...but they just thew out that plot of phoebes, and a whole glob of [GOOD] episodes that could've been in season 8...D@MMNIT!

There's nothing not to like about this episode.
  • Something To Die About

Styx Feet Under-In an attempt to stop a demon on a murderous rampage upon his human relatives, Paige casts a spell that inadvertently blocks all death, and it's up to the Charmed Ones to make things right, when the Angel of Death wants the mess cleaned up. Meanwhile, Agent Brody reveals that he has been following the Halliwells longer than they thought, and Phoebe must deal with her feelings toward Leslie.

Hmmm and with that, Season 7 has it's first good episode. Sure, we've seen the sisters' die like over 100 times at this point, but at least this time, there are some lasting consequences for a change and the sisters barely make it out unsacthed. For one, Simon Templeman returns as Death, who we haven't seen since "Death Takes A Halliwell" in Season 3. He brings a lot of presence as Death and just how he taught Prue a lesson about death back then, he teaches the sisters a thing or two about the afterlife as well. Making Piper into a second Death was priceless and Holly dead pan humor is perfect for the new role. I also love how the Ghostly Plane is brought back (The writers actually remembered it!) and the portal that opened to the afterlife. The SFX was solid there.It's also nice to have a villain with a decent M.O. Sirk is by far the best villain in a long while for the writers, considering most of the demons of late are so one-dimenstional and easially disposed. Zach Ward is great in the role and the half-demon make-up is pretty good. It's also good to see the sisters in a serious situation for once. Even Phoebe at one point makes a stand and doesn't care if she's the next person to die on Piper's list, wanting to stop the demon and protect an innocent by any means necessary. Talk about a rare moment from the slutty one! As a matter of fact, it's been a while since we've had an episode about allthe sisters beingso focused onprotecting an innocent......or being selfish for that mater. All the sisters have become so self invloved as of late.

Another added plus is Charisma Carpentar's return as Kira the Seer and she's even more priceless here than her last episode. Charimsa continues to steal her scenes and especially loved the moment where Kira mocks Sirk for attempting to kill considering she's a Seer and she saw it coming...duh! lol We also got some decent twists like when Sirk kills Paige and Piper is forced to talk Paige away to the afterlife. It was actually a nice moment when Paige stalls Piper from taking her away. Rose was convincing in hostality and it would be nice if we saw more of that from her than her over the top mannerisms of late. We also get some more plot momvement with Agent Brody. I like how he was always two steps ahead of the sisters in this episode. The moment where Piper wakes up in the morge was priceless. I like the mystery behind the character and Kerr Smith is pretty good so far. Oh we have more Lesley and Phoebe garbage but that's not worth talking about. All and All, "Styx Feet Under" (Weirdest pun title ever by the way!) is still s good episode of Charmed with some solid guest stars and a nice plot.

• DEATH BECOMES HIM

Death becomes him

A racy story, some great acting and some wonderful direction. This is Charmed back to its brilliant best.

What looks like a simple case of 'save the innocent' turns into a nightmare when Paige's protection spell unwittingly screws up the grand design. What follows is one of the most original plots of the whole series.

The excellent Simon Templeman is back as the Angel of Death and he's none too impressed with the sisters' work. With no-one able to die until Paige's spell is reversed, he is forced to recruit Piper to help him with the backlog. It's thought provoking stuff and, for once, the sisters are faced with some genuine moral dilemmas. The action is full of twists and turns, the best of which has to be when Phoebe tries to sacrifice herself and Paige ends up dying instead. The scene which follows, where Piper has to lead Paige into the afterlife, is incredibly touching and must rate as one of Rose's best performances.

Alongside all this, we also get a brilliant demon plot. Like Cole, our baddie is half demon and half human, only this one can't wait to get rid of his human side. To do this, he must kill every member of his family, including his unborn cousin. Cute actor, good make-up and an excellent vanquish.

Agent Brody is back, and every bit as intriguing as last time. His scene in the morgue with Piper is very cool, if rather creepy. The camerawork is great throughout the episode and the use of the ghostly plane shows strong continuity from last season. No silly green heads this week, either. And, just when you thought it couldn't get any better, Phoebe gets her power of premonition back. About time!

Totally loved that hole in the chaplain's midriff btw. Now where have I seen that before?

Score: 9.6
  • The Angel of Death pays a visit to the Charmed Ones.

Paige cast a spell that would blocked all death from happenning. Immediately, the Angel of Death pays a visit to her and her sisters to help him clean up this mass. The Angel of Death returns, and he actually "kill" Piper and make Piper become one of his own-another angel of death. Cleverly plot!! Oh, and Phoebe has her very first premonition after the season six episode "Crime and Witch Demeanors". Welcome back to the magical world Phoebe. Good episode, full with exciment but I don't like Leo. Awesome and amazing are the words to describe this episode. One of the best episode in this season.
  • Well written...to me character development

This episode was a bit heartbreaking, even though all of the charmed ones have died a few times. But when Phoebe's name appeared on the list, Piper was going to quit being death because she refused to take Phoebe's soul. Death explained to Piper, you can't choose who you take and who you don't take. It's the way of the world, and when Paige died, Piper had come to the realization that even though how much it would hurt her because she loved Paige, she can't be selfish and refuse to sacrifice one sister so more can live. Which to me doesn't make sense because back when Prue was alive, during the episode with the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, Piper and Phoebe realized that they couldn't destroy the world just to save their sister, What was the point of being selfish and saving their sister when there would be no world for them to live in if they brought back the fourth horsemen, the in the end with that question if a building was on fire would you save 10 strangers or on sibling and they all agreed that they would save 10 strangers. To me all through out this series they keep forgetting about decisions they made in the past for in the future episodes. When Prue was alive they understood that they couldn't sacrifice ten people to save one person.
  • death-defying

the charmed ones have to save an innocent from a demon who's trying to wipe out an entire generation of his family so that he can be a fully pledged demon w/ powers. but that innocent is supposed to die and so death is after her now in order not to mess up the timeline of the names on his death list. this is the 2nd time death made an appearance, the first time when prue was still alive. i like this episode simply coz i'm fascinated w/ the death thing that when it's your time no matter what it will always find you, no escaping it w/c is true in real life.
  • well done.

That episode made me cry because I recently lost someone that I cared about really much and that episode reminded me of that fact. I thought that it was a great way to show where people go after they die. Those people are sometimes sacred but i think they know that everything is going to be okay. It was difficult for me to watch the scene when piper is taking Paige to the big light, because I wouldn't be able to do this. So long story short it was a great episode, because it was about letting a person go to his or her after life.
  • Whoa! One of the best episodes in the season! Absolutely perfect...

I think I don't have to talk a lot about this episode, is perfect: The story, the camera, the scenes, the effects, the writing...

Since the very beginning, the scene is the car is so original, show the sisters bonding and the naturally of the scene. The way that both talk at the same time in the phone, and eating and how they look from inside the car... lovely scene! And it is followed by a good fight so it's kinda a perfect beginning to the episode.

The episode goes on with some great scenes. It's perfect when the death shows up and the innocent falls into the sofa taking the lamp to the floor. And what about the "piper, don't yell to the death!" scene? It's funny and original! We could keep counting scenes that fill perfect in the episode and a perfect writing and quotes. Changing the drama to the comedy, a episode that makes us laugh and cry! The off-screen job helps the episode get the 10 in the ranking! The camera is great! A love that some scenes are scenes with no cuts (one shot scenes) those scenes work perfectly and show the good work of the cast! (The first scene for exemple is kinda one of them and the scene when the guy wakes up and scapes in the room with Piper) What about the camera job???!!! One of the brilliant jobs! The scene of the vanquish is so perfect, filmed from above! Great. The whole episode has a brilliant filming that posible it's the thing that make the episode get the 10!

The photography in the episode is remarkable. The "ghostly plane blue theme" is a clearly effect of photography. The theme transmits the sadness and the cold very well.

The acting is a perfect side of the episode! This episode touchs that sensitive fiber in our souls and clearly has that dark reminding of Prue. Piper was so brilliant (as she always is!) The scene with her and the death, when he say that she has to accept that her sister has to die is absoluty touching. And the final scene with Paige, Rose Mcgowan's is always so caring! They both made a beautiful scene together. And the third sister... If you are a Alyssa Milano super fan then don't go on reading because she was so badly in the episode. I don't get it! She loses a sister, and she don't show a tear (Even worst! Doesn't show a sad face) Alysa broke that scene, she did nothing, she didn't transmit nothing! Tecnicaly, she never do a sad scene, and it's anoying! As an actres she has to transmits feeling and with her usually I don't get a sad feeling!.

The story itself, is a original, well mixed story! The death and the weird demon are very original. A lot of great scenes (when Phoebe is shown in the list) and trivia (I liked the idea that the protection spell protected from the scrying)

So, finishing, a 10 episode! Funny and sad, extremes scenes, great story, perfect writing, perfect acting, awesome filming and photography! PERFECT EPISODE
  • Really good !!

When a demon, Sirk tries to destroy his human half by killing off his remaining blood relatives, Paige casts a spell that inadvertently blocks all death from occurring. Annoyed that he now has a back-log of work, the Angel of Death insists that the Charmed Ones help him clean up the mess and "kills" Piper so she can help him restore the Grand Design. Piper is alarmed when she sees that Phoebe's name is next on the list of souls to be taken. Meanwhile, Agent Brody reveals that he has been on the Halliwell's trail for years, and Phoebe faces her feelings for Leslie.
  • One touching moment..

In this episode Phoebe is going crazy for some reason, and makes paige and Piper go mad demon hunting constantly. Paige casts a protection spell to protect the man who is meant to be being attacked by demons. Unfortunatly this means he can't die, and when Piper tries to fix it, she inadvertantly stops all death.

The angel of death and the demon (who is trying to kill all his family members to become a full demon) collaborate to re start death, as without death the natural balance is messed up. The demon was pretty boring in this, though the effects were cool when he blew the mans stomach up and Piper looked through it to the other side. Anyway..

The angel of death turns piper into his helper, thus killing her in the middle of the road (cue brody's intro), which leads to awkward questions for paige and makes a hilarious moment when she tells phoebe. The demon manages to trick them and ends up killing paige, and piper had to take her to the afterlife, which was so sad!

Luckily they swap the demons soul with paiges and all is well.

A-/A
  • Paige casts a spell to protect an innocent and ends up stopping all death. In order to clean up the mess, death enlists Piper to help him and the sisters face losing another sister in the process.

This episode was really good. I loved how even though she was death, Piper had time to add some humour to it. And the guy with the hole through his stomach? Death Becomes Her anyone? Nice touch though. HMC did a good job at the end as did Rose. I loved the part where Paige was saying that she had borrowed some of Piper's things and that she could have them back as she was dying. Again, another part in the series where I was crying hard. The part I didn't like was how Phoebe just left Paige there in the alley after she died to go to Magic School and save the innocent. It wouldn't have taken much to take Paige's body with them too since they were orbing. Another great episode in Season 7.
  • "I'm not dead I'm Death."

The Angel of Death returns and this time because nobody is dying anymore because Paige has cast a protection spell on an innocent they're trying to save.

This episode is probably the best in a very long time, Piper becomes an Angel of Death to help restore the balance in the Grand Design (although I think this Grand Design is pretty flawed).

I like to see Charisma as the Seeer and eventhough we didn't see her that much the part she got was funny.

I must hounestly say that I can't think of many things to say about this episode that aren't good so I won't do it.

The almost goodbye of Paige was very sad to see and although I find the trade strange you won't hear me complaining that Paige is still alive.
  • Nice to be average.

7.2
    There are mixed feelings about this episode. On the one hand, it has the funny confusions that i enjoy in Charmed, however there is the confusing part that is a bit of a send off.

The fact thaty Templeton as the angel of death has to make a compromise, and at the end, it seems that he is taking a side.
    This could have opened aopportunity of the writers, but they decided not to use it (yet).
    Templeton is well cast, and the story itself is not too bad, just a waste that the episode seems a little bit ...... untidy.
    This is what makes me give it a lower rating, but they could make up for this in season 8.
  • Death Becomes Her

Poor Piper, it seems like she's been killed at least 20 times over the course of the seven seasons of Charmed! Even though Holly must have some sort of record for the most death scenes for one character, her death in this episode makes for an absolutely thrilling chain of events!

The best episode of the season so far, Styx Feet Under is a dark, exciting episode which features Piper having to take over the role of the Angel of Death after a spell goes wrong, causing all death to be temporarily blocked.

The demon of the week is inventive and as well as looking cool, he also has a decent M.O., Sirk wants to become a full demon and the only way he can do this is to kill his entire family, leading to the sisters desperately trying to protect every one of his relatives until they manage to destroy him.

The special effects when Piper looks through the gaping hole in the military officer's stomach are brilliant and though simplistic, make for a very cool shot...

Charisma Carpenter returns and, as always, is spectacular. She only has one scene this week and it's with Sirk but excels throughout. It's hilarious when Sirk tries to kill her but she shimmers out just before, explaining that, as a Seer, she can see exactly what he's going to do next.

The Phoebe/Leslie relationship continues to be a complete train wreck of a storyline and unlike most boring boyfriend plots on Charmed, this one derailed about 5 seconds after it began.

Styx Feet Under, besides having an awful title, is one of the best episodes in years and is a must-see for all fans of the show.
  • The Power of Three and an End to All Death

The Power of Three and an End to All Death

Main Storyline:
    Paige casts a spell that inadvertently blocks all death from occurring. The Angel of Death comes back, and Paige, Piper, and Phoebe can see him, instead of just Prue. But Prue's dead, so that doesn't matter. Death kills Piper so that she can help him collect souls. This was a very, very interesting and original plot, and a great way to look at death in our world.

Sub-Plots:
    1. Phoebe and Les: Has anyone else noticed that Phoebe's romance with Les kinda mirrors that of Phoebe and Jason? The whole uneasiness about romancing a co-worker...it's been done.
    2. Phoebe's Powers: They're back! Yes! The first premonition we?ve seen since Season Five, even if it was a small one, maybe it means that there are more to come, and the writers didn't completely forget about her power of premonition.
    3. Agent Brody: So, trailing the Halliwells for years...a bit stalkerish. He caught Piper rising from the dead on tape, and I'm not sure what he'll do with the info. I hope he won't expose them. That's been done already.

A surprisingly awesome episode, with lots of action. There were so many twists in the episode, and it really made me think about death. In a good way.

Grade: A-