Charmed

Sword and the City

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 09, 2003 on The WB

• Another great episode of season 6 in which the sisters discover the magical sword Excalibur, which gives Piper a serious power boost.

Great episode, with an excellent storyline. 'Sword and the City' finds the sisters obtaining Excalibur, then Piper being able to weirld it, calling herself the Queen of Camelot. However, her magical teacher plots to seize the sword's power and take it over so that it will not be passed on to the true weilder, Wyatt. Personally, I didn't really like the 'teacher' guy that wanted the sword. He didn't act believable. On the other hand, Holly Marie Combs did a great job of portraying a new side of Piper, which was nice to see. Phoebe and Paige didn't have very involving roles in this episode, but I really enjoyed the subplot of Paige being hired as Phoebe's assistant. I thought that was clever and we could have done more with that.

Overall a pretty good episode. A little less of Mordaunt and the episode would have been better, but it worked out in the end.