Charmed

That Old Black Magic

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 11, 1999 on The WB

• Blair witch on the loose!

7.1
    Another interesting demon! Tuatha is an apparent invincible witch who, after being locked away in a lost cave for two-hundred years, seeks revenge on the person(s) who imprisoned her.

I absolutely hate the whole 'chosen one' subplot, all that seventh son of the seventh son was bullsh*t. The actor who plays Kyle is untalented and he spends the hour whining and feeling sorry for himself. He does himself no favours and annoys me more because it seems all he's after is pity and attention. It would have been a lot better if the girls had had a big battle with Tuatha with some cool explosions!

Shannen is great in this episode and I love the scene in which she comments on Jack's package. The scene in which Prue throws Tuatha through the door is fantastic - I'm not sure why but I always flip back to watch it again.

This episode, for me is when Dan starts to ruin the show. The whole love triangle thing starts in this episode and becomes old before it even starts. We also meet Jack Sheriden who goes on to become Prue's new love interest. I always liked Jack and it's a shame he left as quickly as he did.

A pretty average episode but I think would've been a lot better without Kyle.