Charmed

The Bare Witch Project

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 19, 2004 on The WB

• Almost Un-"Bare"-able

The Charmed Ones have their hands full, when thanks to a bored Magic School student, they must keep Lord Dyson from killing the infamous Lady Godiva before she can travel back in time and complete her famous ride. Meanwhile, Phoebe has reservations about Les being able to properly write an advice column for women.

My God, Brad Kern must be the horniest show runner in history! I else do you explain why Alyssa Milano is forced to wear next to nothing every episode to the point where now, in this episode, she wears complete nothing!! The whole Lady Godiva plot is simply a big tease to male viewers (although, I don't knw that many guys who watch this show!) to see a lot of skin this week. Which is a shame, because I actually thought Lord Dyson had a lot of potential as a villain. Being able to feed on a person's resentment and become more powerful by creating more chaos and suffering could have made for a twisted story. Unfortunately, the Lady Godiva plot is played for cheap laughs (as usual) and isn't interesting in the least. If anything, the whole plot is an excuse to get Phoebe all naked for the last season. In a terribly ironic scene, Phoebe speaks out on injustice against women and sending them back 1000 years when all this show does at this point is degrade women and make them look desperate, especially Phoebe!! *Forehead slap* Also, this whole Lesley arc with Phoebe is already starting to looked forced, it doesn't help that Phoebe gets a dumb plot about wanting Lesley to write a column about breast feeding, how exciting!

Leo's storyline was the only decent part of the episode. His meeting with another Elder was great, with more mentioning of the big threat that's coming and how much Leo is spiralling out of control. The mysterious floating head is pretty creepy and everytime it appears, I have to admit, I get chills! I also, like the way Leo vanquished Lord Dyson by letting him overdose on his resentment and pain. Some really awesome SFX work when Dyson exploded. I also loved the SFX of when Dyson through an energy ball at the police car. All and All, "The Bare Witch Project" is boring filler, as simple as that.

LIFE