Charmed

The Courtship of Wyatt's Father

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 22, 2004 on The WB

• Making Love In The Ghostly Plane

The Courtship of Wyatt's Father-Gideon makes a deal with the Darklighters to get rid of Leo, but they accidentally send Leo and Piper to the Ghostly plane, leaving Phoebe and Paige to believe that they are both dead. Meanwhile, Chris begins to disappear and reveals that he must be conceived before the night is over or he will vanish forever.

Finally, an episode to be taken seriously! Like I said before, Piper and Leo seem to be the only thing that makes sense on this series anymore and which is good for this episode which sees both taking up a good portion of the episode. It's rare seeing an episode that has one of the sisters and Leo in actually danger, seeing as how every demon that they sisters' face now a days vanquished with some potion or Piper blowing them up. I liked the Ghostly plane....okay, I loved it! The black and blue tint was brilliantly used, not to mention the lack of any human being being there gave the world an empty, errie...dare I say, dark feel for the episode. Sure we've seen darklighters go after Leo and the sistersbefore but fact that their trapped in another world, powerless and being hunted no less made it different and intriguing. I also just loved just watching the scenes between Piper and Leo, Holly and Brian still got it in the chemistry department and I like them slowly rekindling the flame they thought that was gone. This was a much better way of getting Piper and Leo back together instead that focred "I gonna wish my parents to sleep together" crap from last episode. Piper and Leo deserved more than that and for once, the writers see that too.

Meanwhile, Chris is slowing fading away....AWESOME! He even disappears for a good portion of the episode...almost like he was gone for good! Sigh. He returned moments later. The reveal of Gideon being behind the whole operation with the darklighters was a nice surprise....but I got to wonder, an Elder going bad and working with demons is BIG! How is it that Leo and the other Elders can't sense that one of them is evil? Or at least working behind their backs? Anyway, the episode ends with Piper finding out she's knocked up and Holly makes the best face when she sees Chris at the doorway. All and All, "The Courtship of Wyatt's Father" is a pretty good episode that has a dark(ish_ atmosphere with some nice performances from Holly and Brian.

LIFE