Charmed

The Eyes Have It

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 20, 2002 on The WB

• Should have gone to Spec Savers.

Phoebe seems to be getting the brunt of the main story-lines this season while Paige and Piper complain and moan and moan and complain. It's starting to become a little irritating at this point, can we please find something for these two to do?

Otherwise, this is a fairly good episode of Charmed. With some interesting guest-stars and a main plot that seems as though there was some thought put into it, ''The Eyes Have it'' is probably the best episode of the season so far.

As villains go, Cree (SAW's Toben Bell) isn't someone to write home about, but he gouges out eyes, so there's that going for him. His vanquish was fairly unspectacular, although we find out Phoebe's power of premonition has advanced (we'll never hear of this again cos, ya know, it's pointless) and they have to use the same spell to vanquish the Source to beat him, I thought that was a nice touch.

There are plenty of great sister moments here, though, and the magic isn't used as carelessly as we've seen so far from the show. Gypsy Magic in particular is treated with respect and it's a pity we're never introduced to more aspects of its lore – Paige mentions how powerful the remedies are – it would have been cool to see the show dabble with this sort of stuff in future episodes.

Not too shabby.