Charmed

The Honeymoon's Over

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 05, 2000 on The WB

• Law & Order: Special Wiccan's Unit

3.9
    As the season premiere, I was expecting something a little better. This episode's main objective is to introduce the character of Cole Turner, the lawyer who wins Phoebe's heart but is later revealed to be a demon working for the Triad.

The Honeymoon's Over has Phoebe and Prue dealing with the absence of Piper (who's up with Leo in Whitelighter Central) and investigating demons called The Guardians, who protect murderers and collect up the souls of innocent people. Phoebe and Prue have to testify in court against a murderer who tried to kill Darryl and meet lawyer Cole, who Phoebe is immediately attracted to, and discover that the Judge himself is a demon.

I found the main plot really boring. It seemed like the writers tried to mash together Charmed and Law & Order, which didn't work to their advantage. Cole eventually becomes a very interesting character but he doesn't have much to do of interest in this episode and I think the revelation that he is evil should have come a little later in the season. Again, Holly Marie Combs keeps the show together and her performances get better and better each week.

Rating: C