Charmed

The Jung and the Restless

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 30, 2006 on The WB

• Hey... next person to come on... could you give a step by step synopsis starting from where Billie knocks out the Charmed ones... There is a storm here and I lost the WB... not ALL channels, JUST the WB...

Edit: Cable came back at 7:55, so I pretty much just missed from when all 3 passed out to when Piper and Phoebe woke up and Paige was gone... End Edit

I just have to say, that preview really made you think things would happen differently than they really did, but what can I say really, ALL episode preview do that, be them for Charmed or any other show. (EX: 24)

I\'m liking how the ending is looking though, even though half the time it seems like Billie is accepting what her sister says too easily... I mean, come on \"The Triad (demons) picked me and told me how the Charmed Ones are evil so I can tell you. (And we\'d better beleive them even though they are demons.) (I can\'t find a prophecy but I\'ll believe you anyway.
  • FASCINATIN' EPISODE!

Paige finds herself in great troubles, while Piper tries to talk out with the elders to find out what the hell is going on with what will happen with Billie and Christy, while trying too to devise a plan to get Leo back.
    This episode is one of the best episodes of CHARMED, I have ever seen apart from Centennial Charmed, and Chris-Cross which are also great episodes. Even tough I lost most of the episode, the part I was able to see was great.
  • It was really good.

I liked it a lot, although, Billie is a retard. She is totally letting Christy brainwash her, and it's really starting to bug me. I hate Christy and I wish she was dead! I really liked the episode other than that. The girl they got to be Pheobe's daughter is sooooooo cute! I can't wait till next episode. It looks really interesting. Piper went a little mental in this one. I think she's over obsessing about Leo just a little bit. I mean, sure he's her husband, but she does have a life that she needs to take care of. I hope they make Leo come back soon.
  • A really bad episode, with only one good point made in here and the soundtrack gives you a headache.

3.5
    FINALLY they decide to stop Billie and Christy. Finally. So we might have some logic story in the episodes left. This episode was really bad!!!
    These dream sequence got really on my nerves, especially the sound, that dumb noisy grumble in the background. I had to fast forward, because I got a headache.
    Then the Billie storylines has its holes. Remember back: Billie wanted to help the sisters, so they could have a life and now she wants to stop them to have their life outside the magic world? I mean the input of Christy doesn’t effect that part, at least I don’t see it like that. Christy tries to blame everything on the sisters, with success, but Billie’s character is totally confusing. On one hand she wants to let the sisters go and on the other she wants to stop them.
    The problem is that the story doesn’t works that way. Especially it’s unbelievable for Billie’s character. I ask myself, if the writers even forgot the beginning of this season, because of all those holes in the story and the character development.

Then the entire thing with Phoebe’s daughter is getting on my nerves as well! It was a good idea to show her again, but it was really bad done! Why use some confusing daily scenes and not some “get a look at your daughter” like in the earlier seasons? They were fantastic and a bit mystic, but now it’s just too forced.

I really don’t like this episode; the only thing that lets me hope is the decision to fight.
  • Let's Do the Mind Warp Again...

An absolute riot, The Jung and the Restless is probably the best episode of the season so far, with some weighty drama and some scenes that really made you concerned for the characters (in particular the shooting of Paige).

The episode sees Christy trapping the sisters in the dream world in order for Billie to see that the inner most desires of Piper, Paige and Phoebe are all driven by selfishness. Meanwhile, Paige needs to get out of her mind to save her endangered charge.

What this episode succeeded in was the fact that it raised some interesting questions about the sisters themselves. All of their decisions are motivated by things that directly affect them but, to be honest, isn't everybody like that? Christy brings up some interesting points but does Billie really expect the sisters to be constantly obsessed with demons and killing? The sister’s destiny was never meant to completely take over their lives. It was meant to be a destiny, sure, but not to have every moment of their lives dedicated to hunting demons. And is it really so bad for Piper to want to have Leo back and have a ton of grandchildren? Is it so bad that Phoebe wants a baby? Yeah, it's annoying but it's not like she wants one for some pointless reason.

One thing this episode did confirm is the fact that Billie is a complete moron. To think she has greater trust for somebody who can't even eat with a knife and fork and has known for, what, 30 minutes to the people who trained her to become a better witch and the ones who helped her find her sister? Whatever. She's as thick as ape-sh... well, you get my drift.

The acting was also really good throughout this episode, in particular Rose. She rocked when she pinned Billie against the wall and actually convinced during the hour. The guest stars were also good, in particular because they're more experienced than the nobody's that have been featured this season so far. Sara Downing is a capable actress who's excellent in everything she's in and Peter Wingfield always nails the "evil British guy" thing.

Cameron Litvack's writing was also really good. I can honestly not praise him enough. He has single-handedly saved Charmed since he joined in season six and every episode he's written (including Chris-Crossed, Vaya Con Leos and Little Box of Horrors) have been saving graces in seasons which generally sucked.

The only thing that annoyed me was the seemingly never-ending Coop storyline. A complete bore, Coop does nothing but say exactly what Phoebe wants to hear ("you're not selfish", "you're so-so pretty, Feebs") and does nothing to raise any excitement on the show. I like Victor Webster and he's a decent actor but the dialogue they've given him since he joined the show has usually been god-awful.

With only three more episodes left, it's pretty satisfying that the writers are trying their hardest to bring the series to a satisfying close. It isn't perfect but considering how bad Charmed has gotten lately, it's actually sorta good. I'm a little scared at the moment though. I've been having these weird feelings and I don't know what they are. I'm actually starting to... uh... (whispers) like this show again.

Only slightly though. Don't wanna go completely insane, right?

Director: Derek Johansen
    Writer: Cameron Litvack
    Rating: A
  • This episode is well written!, for the short lapse of time that we have until the end of the series, this episode was very necessary, and truely it was to me very entertained! I wanna see more of the power of two!

to star the episode phoebe try to solve the situation talking with Billie but in the midle of the chat Piper arrives and confront Billie, she is convinced of the evilness of the Jenkins and stop the chat, later in a attempt to scare billie she throw her a vanquish potion!, but luckly christy is there to catch them!

Also Billy discover the motivations of the charmed ones to use her powers!, billie use a spell who introduce her in the charmed ones dreams where she find out that the sisters's wishes are very normal, but still yet the Jenkins sisters think that they was using them!

Paige leaves her charge aside in a beginning, and finally she cant save her and both are seriously attacked by a demon where the charge die, to after become a white lider and heal paige who almost die!

to finish the episode the charmed ones (piper mostly) decide destroy the jenkins sisters before they attack them!

good episode, 'cause for being the straight line haves a very good development of the conflict, billie isnt yet convinced by Cristy of the evilness of the charmed ones nor either phoebe and paige about the Jenkins.

This episode is mostly for define the conflict!

i still believe that billie should found her sister in the first episodes, to have more time to develop the character of Christy and the twist of billie againt the sisters!.

but still yet i love charmed!!

and i will enjoy the last episodes as they come!

Greetings!
  • Billie needs some more convincing and Christy provides the help. The Charmed Ones have to come to terms with their supposed selfishness. The storm is about to settle in San Francisco

These great episodes just keep coming. This one was great on the drama and suspence but lacked in the action department which was good because the drama was just flying around.

Piper: I am still loving this powerful and confident power thats happening these days. She just doesnt care anymore. Shes been through it for 8 years and she knows how to get things done. I actually think Piper is the most selfish, but i really hate that word. Its more of an obsession. Piper has put a lot on the side and she just has Leo on the brain. That is fine and all its just her getting Leo back has definately clouded her better judgement and reasoning skills. Piper is way too trigger happy. It does provide for some drama and tension but piper just doesnt want to hear anything unless its about Leo and Killing billie and christy.

Phoebe: She is more of the reasonable sister these days. She not that eager to jump on the killing cart so quickly, but that changes at the end. anyway she definately is torn in this situation. In phoebes case, billie totally reminds me of cole. She didnt want to believe Cole was a demon at first and then she eventually realized she had to kill him. which is exactly how it played in this episode. she came to the conclusion that she is going to have to stop them.

Paige: Poor torn paige. She just has so much going on in her life. I feel she can be a good whitelighter if she actually cared. she doesnt seem at all happy with being a whitelighter. This eppy had to feature some of Roses best acting in awhile. She was really great, especially the cave scene when she yelled at Billie, just fantastic.

Billie and Christy: Christy is just crazy and I love it. Her manipualtive styles are excellent and Marnette is just a great actress. Billie is finally on her sisters side, well not completely. theres something in her thats screaming its wrong. their methods in this episode were great.

The Dreams: I consider them a character in this episode. the dreams were carried out very well. Phoebes dream was a little freaky with all those kids working on the paper. and when the little girl said " you cant keep putting me on hold." and they did it in slow mo, that was just insane and a bit freaky. i think paiges dream was the best. she did that Leo thing from back in season 4, floating on the orbs. Pipers dream was a bit pointless. They should of made it so that she can see how many times she drops the kids off at her father to go find the ultimate power.
    Piper most selfish/obsessed, phoebe second and then Paige is the least. wanting kids and enlightenment are totally not selfish in fact one should have enlightenment to help others more productively.

What i liked:
    The darklighter vanquish. It looked very different from other vanquishes and it was a pretty big explosion. also the darklighters orbs were different but they looked better from the last darklighter.
    The drama and tension was at the top. the tension between all five of them is so thick and the tension is gonna explode soon.
    The scene in phoebes loft when piper threw the potiona nd christy set it on fire and the the explosion shimmered. I was expecting a bigger bang done on phoebe and piper but it was good anyway.
    they remebered phoebe was a psychology major.
    What i didnt like: christys way of reasoing that the girls arent all for the greater good anymore. First of all not every demon comes with an innocent attached to them. all demons in the underworld dont want to kill innocents they have other plans. therefore when they find demons and vanquish them without an innocent it doesnt change the fact that they are for the greater good. and the utopia thing wasnt fully selfish because it was for the world too. no more demons and Criminals in the world, plays for witches and mortals.
  • Christy is trying to convince Billie that the Charmed Ones are trying to kill them. Billie puts them in a deep sleep and jumps into their dreams.....

Christy is trying to convince Billie that the Charmed Ones are trying to kill them. Billie doesn't want to believe that the girls would hurt them. They feel like sisters to her. Piper is trying to convince Phoebe that Billie and Christy are the Ultimate Power that they need to fight in order to save Leo. Christy tries telling Billie that the sisters have been selfish and focusing on other things, so Billie makes a potion that puts the girls in a deep sleep. She jumps in theie dreams to see for herself where their priorities are.
    Paige is focused on her new charge, a future whitelighter. Phoebe is still trying to figure out her love life. And Piper is so focused on getting Leo back she is neglecting everything else.
    After realizing that her charge is in danger, Paige orders Billie to get her out. Paige go to her rescue only to be shot by the darklighter. After Piper and Phoebe realize that Paige is gone that figure out a way to get out of there dreams by sorting out their issues. Piper sees Leo as an old man and a house full of grandkids. Leo tells Piper to help him. Meanwhile, Phoebe hears a little girl holler "Mommy." She rushes into the kitchen to see a little girl hurt on the floor. The girl tells her that she better hurry if she is going to have her.
    Piper and Phoebe wake up and go to Paige’s rescue. Paige’s charge also comes and she receives her powers and heals Paige.
    This was a great episode!
  • Not to bad.

I thought this episode wasn't too shabby. I thought the whole idea of getting into peoples dreams is a neat idea. The idea of Billie going into the girls dreams and seeing what really goes on in their heads is cool. She thought she would find her sister's answer when in fact she found what the charmed ones really wanted. I have a feeling that Billie may stop the charmed ones, but in a way you may not think which would make a really neat series finale.
  • Yes I am LOVING charmed all over again!

Finally they start to fill the story giving us tension towards the end! I cant wait for the finale and hope that the ratings continue to go UP UP UP!!

Charmed is a beautiful show and even though i am very sad to see it go I know that it will be in the history books as one of the greatest shows ever!

In this episode we saw the girls inner-truths, things they really want and i think that was perfect becase it shows us fans where the girls are currently in their lives....OH and i hope Coop and Pheoebe end up together!
  • This was... overall... a prety good episode. Only 3 more episodes left. Can´t wait for the upcoming episodes.

Most of the times.. in Charmed... i normally know what is going to happen, but really... i have no idea how this is going to go down.... it would be really dissapointing for me not watching Billie and Christy get vanquished...Us fands gotta hand it to the writers, because they have managed to end a series in one single season... or just half a season... a little rushed... but still..... good job...
  • the final battle is getting closer, and this great episode is the right mixture of action, drama and sisterhood.

this episode was very touching, and it also raised some interesting etichal questions about the behaviour of the sisters. for a scond there, i agreed with christy...

so far it was the best episode of this season, and it reminded me what got me hooked to charmed.

i really liked the scene with the elder - it seems that piper had finally made peace with them, and she is able to trust them again even to a point of taking their advise and guidence.

in that way, this episode reminded me of old times, and made me nostalgic. i\'m really gonna miss the show when its over.

in a perfect world, (if someone would care enough to travel through my selfish dreams...) i wish to have Prue back, just to say goodbye.

but i know it\'s only a dream, so...

:-)
  • not better episode then last week episode but still exciting to watch... actually im a bit dissapointed with this episode , the episode ends excatly like it 1st started and im not satiesfied , read more inside :sad:

hmm this episode not better then last episode in my opinion and i think its a bit boring episode , i mean we have like 3 more episode and i want action episode ! this episode ends exactly like it first started and i hate it ! i found this episode is short too , probably cuz the dream part is too long ! i like the whole blue tones in the dream part , really warm and cool and i do agreed it have a bit suspense cuz the sound of it ! lol

Piper : eh u look good , i like her quote line... and i found u a bit annoying in this episode... your storyline or subplot blalala i dont care , i cant believe u throw that potion at Billie & Christy ! that will make Billie thinks u evil ! stupid ! yeah i know u cant wait to get Leo back but u need to think or have a plan first before do ya thing even though u just want to scared them ! i thought u were the smart one !

Phoebe : we have only 3 more episode and u still didnt end up with Coop yet ?! dont u realized Coop love u ? also in the dream part its obvious ! but i must say she look really gorgeous in this episode... i still havent see a sign she will get her power back... i found her part is not boring and i actually like it and shes not annoying in this episode , that part when u tell Cupid to get out of your sit in your office are hilarious lol !

Paige : u the best in this episode , u really good , funny , shine , cool and all... your acting are great in every way in this episode example like when u got that darklighter arrow , i like your expressions and u the big sister in this episode ! u great ! that white thing in your dreams when u levitate (sorta) are soo coool !

Coop : boring in the 1st part but then nothing new... u all about love , u should just kisses Phoebe in the dreams cuz Phoebe cant see u love her !

Billie : u good in this episode but i still didnt like u so die fast... u still a moron dumb by your sister

Christy : starting to become annoying lol but im not blame on her cuz her character like that and i like it that way

Mickelle : nothing to complain about u but u cant acted sweety

Henry : he should appear in Paige dreams or in this episode , he already married with Paige so he should have in every episode till end of Charmed

Fightscene : duh ? theres noooo one in this episode , only in the Phoebes apartment when Piper trying to throw that potion to Billie & Christy , and it was pretty cool but not awesome

Overall : this episode trailer make it look good and awesome episode but actually it isnt so im really not satiedfied wathing this episode... and im starting to becoming dont cared about Charmed next episode now

sorry for my bad english yall ! dont bother to read if ya didnt like it !
  • I do have to say charmed went downhill fast. They never should have done this season. Too many stupid things have happened.

If your an avid fan like me, you should really be pissed off. I mean the writters should be shot. Do they watch the old episodes.

I mean in season 6 they told you how important magic school is and the CHARMED ONES are letting demons roam free. I mean what the F@#! And the elders they can\'t stop Billie and Christy or take away their powers.

And speaking of Billie, did she have a brain fart. She rescues her sisters from demons and doesn\'t even suspect that they turned her. ANd for her to turn so quickly.

I\'m just saying the series finale better be worth all this bullsh@! that we had to go through.

And how about a spin off.

• In order to convince Billie that the Charmed Ones are evil, Christy makes Billie enter their dreams so she can see how they really are.

The Jung and the Restless, i thought this episode was very original and the series is really leading up to the finale.

It was nice to see Paige in her whitelighter role again and to see her play the big-sister role
    The argument between Piper and Phoebe about the Jenkins was also nice to see, and that Phoebe finally gets hinted about Coop by her doughter.

I think all the girls were great in playing their roles and Christy (I don't know her real name..) is getting better in playing the evil role.

Overall this was quite an amazing episode and will definetely miss this show

• Are you a Buffy-lover & Charmed-hater? You might like to know this is Buffy material. You into S5? this is your mediocre episode; The lines arent intelligent? you might change your mind; Or are you new to the show, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME?!

Okay, introduction blah de blah

Following up from last episode, Piper and Phoebe are arguing about whether or not to take out Billie and Christy. Paige plays mediator. It goes on and on until they split and Paige focuses on her charge to get her mind off having to take sides. Piper’s “credibility was diminished” several times in this episode about her obsession for her husband. However, it gets worse as the girls were put into deep sleep causing them to dream. And as we all know, atleast in the Charmed world, dreams create insight. (I personally just wanna enjoy a good night sleep)

In this dream, Billie (after possesses the red crystal …same type Zankou used to make the girls paranoid the other day) was able to transport into each individual’s dream. And its like Kaley’s role model is Alyssa when it comes to acting. In her first scene in magic school, she was speaking just like Phoebe would.

Anyway, in each of these dreams each of the sisters seem to be “doin’ it for themselves!”. They seem to shirk the concept of the greater good and prove Christy right that whatever the girls do is just for their personal gain.

Cameron Litvack did a great job. And Either Brad decided to not over edit this episode or maybe he did but got some intelligent lines to add. I remember reading a Vaya Con Leos review that said the episode was mediocre because the lines were plain. They gotta have depth and so when they’re conveyed it has an impact on the audience. Generally when you have an episode on dreams…on any show in general…its not what you see….its every detail, every metaphor, every irony that adds up to make it an enjoyable hour.

I remember sitting half way through and didn’t really feel it. Because for starters, its something they’d done on Buffy when THE KEY to the ultimate goddess was involved. And second of all, it was a carryover episode and most of all a filler. Everyone knows Paige has always been the enlightenment character, Piper obsessive and Phoebe love stricken (even though you might wanna consider her a whore). They are all stuff we already knew before and just like I predicted, Brad’s idea of big bang finale is that where the second to the last says, “to be continued!”

One thing I always loved about Charmed is that, even though there are carryovers there is always a demon of the week. And even though the girls are ‘ultimate’ they’re not invincible. The demon of the week was a dark lighter who managed successfully to shoot Paige with a dark lighter arrow. And the scene was so powerful and unexpected that I actually did gasp. And Rose did pull off the emotion well. However, he was vanquished anticlimactically with Piper’s power. No action scene nothing.

Highlights: Piper threw a potion at the Jenkins sister, Pheobe’s acting was hilarious. And she was so beautiful, Paige didn’t have seizures (apparently they only happen in non-serious episode) and Piper wore a very wrong outfit especially when she put a coat over it. She complains about Phoebe’s sex dreams. (totally laughed my ass out on that one) Paige pinned Billie. Excellent acting. The sisters come together at the end of the episode to talk just like they used to when Prue was alive. And most hilarious of all, Michaela says, “Blacklighters!” OMG! I used to say that when I first started!

Most importantly many questions were raised about them being selfish. And when Phoebe asked Cupid, before he answered I yelled YES. She’s the most selfish. However, this episode puts episodes like Malice in Wonderland into perspective…others like Extreme Makeover…that even though these girls are THE CHARMED ONES…they’re still human beings, who have constantly given up friends, jobs, lives, career, love (or shld I say sex), spouse, all at some point in time. Its gives the fans that think they’ve become selfish something to think about. They’ve been Charmed for 8 years you cant expect any more. They would be tired. I understand that with ultimate power comes ultimate corruption…we’ve all seen that in Cole…but they just need to be jolted to the right path once in a while. That’s what Charmegoddon and episodes like this are meant for. And everything was structured right to give Billie a real cause to think the girls are evil.

Congratulations to the writers. They really did work hard on this one. And earlier on in the season, I didn’t feel the whole WB’s “concentrate in their personal lives” shtuff but with any episode like this they’ve done good. Still don’t really like it though!

Peace out y’all!
  • Finally a really good episode in Charmed's 8th and final season.

When this season began I was terribly dissapointed in a lot of things Billie for example the series started looking more like 'BILLIE' instead of 'Charmed' but I have to say that after Vaya Con Leos the season got better with a few stupid stories excluded but I liked the ultimate power story, finally Billie got some real purpose although I still don't like her being that powerfull but anyway.

In this episode we finally get some action, I totally love Piper in this episode she keeps getting better and she wants to kill Christy and Billie, how cool is that? :P.

This episode was just what Charmed is supposed to be and I really hope that the 3 last episodes are the same way. I read somewhere that this was Litvacks last episode so I just want to say good work and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
  • PIPER (responding to Paige's comment about her obsession with getting Leo back): "I wish people would stop using that against me like it ruins my credibility."

Well, I'm sorry, Piper. But, that is--unfortunately and undeniably--just what happened. At least, as far I'm concerned.

While I initially empathized with her plight, during the first month that followed Leo being put in cryostasis, her constant harping on it gradually began to have the opposite effect on me. So, I'm not surprised that it had a similar effect on Billie!

Or, more accurately, that Kristie was able to use Piper's obsession to gradually manipulate Billie away from the influence of the Charmed Ones.

My one ray of hope, despite the dismal writing behind both this episode and "Gone With The Witches?" That the reason the Triad is so obsessed with corrupting Billie is that--if allowed to remain under the Halliwells' tutelage--she might soon become powerful enough to succeed them, single-handedly! The Halliwells, I mean.

If that's precisely where the writers are headed with the series finale, I apologize for the unintended spoiler.
  • I actually luhuved this episode!!! I was glad that they addressed fully the girls being "selfish" which has been a major fan concern since S6 and really put the nail on the coffin as far as the Halliwell Jenkins plot is concerned.

It's like the writers are actually listening with stuff about self involvement, making Billie the enemy and lines like "there I froze someone! Happy!?". I thought Piper anger and frustration was pretty in character. It's pretty blatant that the Jenkins' are a threat, even Sandra (my favourite of all Elders) gave her the nod. And her dreams showed just how much she wants Leo back, the grandchildren scene and the barman telling her to stop neglecting all else for him. I thought at times (like when she threw the potion that wouldn't have done any real damage) she was a bit prematurely standoffish but overall I understood where she was coming from. I love her in offensive, eldest sister mode - reminded me of Prue's actions toward Cole/Belthazaur.

Phoebe, my television sweetheart, was as loveable as ever. She was very much the middle sister, trying to talk it out, but Christy and Piper seem to have no uncertainty or hesitations as to what's gonna go down so it was really no use. Her dream was enjoyable but without any real shocks - a man and her daughter remains her #1 desire. They cast Ladybug pretty well, her and Phoebe looked like family imo. The lighting and directing generally in the dreamworld was stellar I thought. Loved Pheebes in the last scene virtually confirming that she was on board with taking out the Jenkins'. In fact that whole scene in general was satisfying, I like the sisters together like that and it's been lacking a bit with their individual lives taking off. I'm gettin' all anxious for their smackdown!! I also hope they bring Coop and Phoebe closer (and not just their skin) before the finale.

Paiges dream path thingy was great and really consistent with her. She's always been independent and expressed feeling of repression in the sisterhood, even last week she was afraid of losing herself in the marriage. So I liked that they had her inner truth being enlightenment and wanting to find and sustain her own identity. Plus the wise-meditation Paige was nifty floating in orbs like Leo and Ramus have. Even better was her all whitelightery - protecting none other than Sara Downing (Courtney from Roswell!), like when slammed Billie against the attic wall and blasted her!!! Too bad she died, and her blood is totally on Billie and Christy's hands mind you. While they carried on about the Charmed Ones not helping one of her charges was dying because of them! Narrow minded fools.

About Billie being easily misled, well, yes and no. She is kinda naive, especially for ignoring that Christy was spewing munbo jumbo about the Triad!!! But then, the Triad has only ever been professed as evil by the Charmed ones so... Perhaps she just let that one slide seeing as how she's so confused. Also, while Billie even said the sisters weren't wrong for wanting these things she did agree that it was wrong to use their magic to get them through forced visions, utopia's, faked identities and so on. Christy I loved as per usual, I strongly disagree with her but she is pretty convincing from the perspective of somebody dim and impressionale like, say, Billie. And she's mighty powerful! She makes a good oldest sister and could definitely duke it out with Piper.

All in all, I really did adore this episode. One of this seasons best and worthy of a 9 outta 10. Cameron Litvack and Derek Johanson both did an incredible job on it. I am freakin' devastated that I have but three episodes left.
  • Amazing. Simply amazing.

The Jung And The Restless really took me by surprise. I’ve liked the Christy/Billie/Evil story line since its beginning, but the reason why the previous episodes weren’t that good was that the sub plots weren’t as great as the main one. But this one managed to have one of the best main stories of the B/C arc, and a couple of side stories that were really interesting. The writer of this episode, Cameron Litvack, has always been great at binding the different side stories together, with each other as well as to the main story, and this episode is a great example of that. All the stories are interesting and they fit together with the main one.

The acting of the episode was simply amazing, and especially Rose did a wonderful job, once more showing what a great actress she can be when she really gives some effort into it. Also Marnette Patterson continues to show her great acting skills, and even Kaley Cuoco’s acting was fair. The best thing about the episode was probably the dialogue. Cameron Litvack is Charmed’s best writer at the moment, and his scripts are always funny and full of energy.

I loved Paige’s side story with her charge and the dark lighter, and the guest stars are pretty good, for once. I actually enjoyed Phoebe’s story a little, even though I feel for Victor Weber and the uselessness of his character. Piper was great as usual, and her rash conclusions were very fun to watch. I also love Christy, and her manipulative ways, and the questions her little dream quest made. They all made sense, and actually could convince someone that the sisters were bad.

All in all, The Jung And The Restless was one of the best, most action packed episodes this season, and the main story is looking to be really great. Let’s all hope the writers won’t disappoint us and that Charmed goes out with a band. Hopefully with most of its dignity left.
  • K's views on Ep 8.19

Well, I certainly didnt expect Billie to act the way she does now. How could she be as selfish as not giving Paige the chance to save her charge, and putting Paige's life as risk? I sure hope there's a little bit of good left in her, unlike Christina at the series finale of PP.
  • The Jung and The Restless.Quite funny very exciting.Billie goes into the sisters dreams to fin out if they have lost their way and are selfish with their power.Look who's talking, Billie has not only lost her way but also her senses.

I think Billie is behaving very stupid in all that she is doing with her sister Christie.After all the sisters have done for her i can't believe she can do this. I didn't like the way Billie gave Piper attitude in Piper's dream it kninda pissed me off. I feel it is Billie and Christie's fault that Mikelle got captured and killed, if they had not put the sisters to sleep she wouldn't have gone out of the house but at the end of the day i think that was meant to be her destiny and she was happy with it.I think Phoebe's dream was what made her realise that she was in love with Coop and i think that was just lovely.I loved Piper's dream with all the GrandChildren and an old Leo,that just felt right.At the end of it all i was glad that they all woke up and Paige was saved by her charge.it had a very lovely ending

• Leading to the end

The storyline of this epidose focus on three diffrent directions:
    Piper, the oldest sister seems to try to lead Phoebe and Paige on the principle of getting ready to the final battle, as she cocnludes (and confirms with an Elder) that Billie and Cristy would turn against them.
    Phoebe, otherwise, insists, based on her instincts that Billie is not evil, and try to establish a bond with the girl to take her back to the good witchcraft and to their lives.
    Paige, finally, only keeps to do the job they usually do, giving the show the hold \"good vs. evil\" weekly story.
  • This is a real turn for the Charmed Ones

The \"ultimate threat\" is revealed and it\'s not a demon but actually two witches and sisters at that, Billie and Christy. I was surprised that the crap excusses Christy gave Billie actually worked to convince her the Charmed Ones were evil. But then sisters do hold alot of power over each other. Now to save Leo and regain there lives the charmed ones will have to go up against Billie and Christy. I think this story line has brought the show back to making people realize the fact that while some evil takes the form of demons or easily disinguishable evil it can also take an innocent form as well and that for everyone is the \"ultimate threat\".
  • A very good episode.

The first time I watched this episode I didn't really like it but after watching it again I think it's a great episode and one of the best of the last season of charmed. Billie and Christy want to find out what the sisters inner truths are so they use a potion to put them to sleep and see what they really want. The best part of the episode in my opinion is when Paige gets shoot with the darklighter arrows. The rest of this episode is also really good. Overall: A very good episode. One of the best from season eight.
  • Another odd episode

This episode was very strange, the seperate pieces didn't seem to come together like they usually do in the end.

I didn't think that Whitelighters could heal the poison from a darklighters arrow? Bille and Christie have chosen the 'we must kill the charmed ones' path, this may be sad but I never liked Billie so I hope the charmed ones kick her butt.

The dream sequence was well written and the best dream was that of Pheobe's where her daughter that she has wanted for so long comes to her, also she is with Coop. Maybe this will wake her up to her feelings for him.
  • Christy traps Paige, Phoebe and Piper in a dreamstate !!!

Are Billie and Christy the "Ultimate Power"? The Charmed Ones are finally coming to the right conclusion and must decide how to stop them, all the while figuring out how to bring Leo back. Paige is given a new charge and must act quickly to save her life when she is attacked by two darklighters. Trying to further her plan to draw Billie to the dark side, Christy traps Paige, Phoebe and Piper in a dreamstate in order to show Billie the selfishness the sisters are capable of to suit their needs.
    Average episode nothing really happened, but it was ok.
  • Paige helps her new charge. Piper and Phoebe try to find another way to save Leo. Billie and Christy find out what the Charmed Ones are thinking in their dreams.

Great episode!! Billie should at least try to talk to the sisters more so they understand. Phoebe needs to say more so Billie can understand. Christy is being a little devil! Phoebe had an interesting dream. Hers always seem to be about love and children, Piper's always seem to be about Leo and the club and Paige's are always like the one with witches and magic and stuff. Poor Paige, she proberly wants more interesting ones.
  • I don't get it! Too strange to me to handle. The whole dream was kinda normal...

This one is a good episode but I didn't get it too much...

In season 5 in "Sand Francisco Dreamin" we see that the dreams are a lot more strange that the ones in this episode! The mask in the Phoebe boy, the Paige story... but in here we have a very plain dreams that everyone understands, there are not strange. The girls are not following a deeper meaning of the dream the are so logical: Phoebe wants a baby, Piper Leo coming back... what is the big secret in that!? Paige has a lot better story, more like a dream. I hated the whole "We know we are dreaming" thing. And the three of them together and acting as normal like in the real life!! It was a stupid thing, they should have shown a thing more like a dream not so real... For example Coop-Phoebe scene... First, he shouldn't to say "this is a dream" and second, Phoebe should not be so "I can't do it" because in your dreams you have no control! No doubt, Paige was the best in the episode, and the blacklighter thign was original, we had never seen the place where they were and how they do the weapons and all of that! The effects are well done in the episode, I liked the one when Billie gets in the dreams... In the other hand, the photography and the camera job in the episode were so much great. The photography effects (the whole blue house thing) made a really a dream scene. And the final scene in the episode with the three of them talking was awesome aswell.

PD: I don't get a thing... Billie says that the deeper meaning is not the great good anymore... so when was it?? I think the would never dream with the fight and that stuff, and Billie wouldn't do it aswell!
  • A good episode! Billie, you aint no ultimate power, go on calling yourself that because thats what The Triad said. Yeaa, the Charmed Ones have power and they could have anything they want, THEY just want to LIVE! And they deserve to, unlike you.

I like this plot, and this episode was well written, except for Billie. I hate how stupid she is. But that's just how she is, she can learn how to scry on computers and how to vanquish demons all on her own, but actually think people who have saved the world for 8 years don't deserve love, children, and families? Billie, UGH they took you in as part of the family, then you lose your parents and gain this crazy bi+ch who was raised evil and you betray the charmed ones who have saved your life over and over? Nice.

The Charmed Ones are The Charmed Ones for a reason, and Billie shouldn't think that she is going to stop them, and when she actually does, she could've used her POWERS! wow. Paige: SO What are we gonna do now?
    Phoebe: WE're gonna stop em.... before they stop us. One of the best quotes from season 8, surprised it came out of season 8 phoebe period. Nice to hear her actually planning on fighting.
< 1 2